Question About Bp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:42 AM

GIXX-TRIXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Question About Bp?

good advice guys im definetly making a conscious effort to go up more and more.keep the good advice coming.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:05 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I was gonna make another thread for this but I'll just post up in here.
I have an 00 750, have been working on 2nd and I thought I pretty much had BP on 2nd gear coming along, I thought I was just going in and out of it and not quite staying in it, but now I think I was wrong.
I've been getting a lot more comfortable with the brake and have been getting a lot better at controling the wheelie with the brake, so today I got it up as high as I usually do and decided to bring it back a little farther and I think like maybe 6 inches to a foot higher than what I was I DEF hit bp. Revs dropped, I **** my pants, the whole nine yards, as soon as that happened I brought it right down with the brake, but damn it feels high.
I just felt like sharing, but whenever I get them real high it feels like I'm about to fall off the bike, not loop but just that I'm hanging off the back, even though I'm pretty close to the tank. When I hit bp earlier I felt ready to fall off and I half sat down on the bike as it came up there, is it just me? Does everyone else feel like this or what? Whenever I see pics it looks like everyone is straight up and down, but I feel like I'm way back. IDk, any advice would be cool though.
2nd gear clutch standups btw.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:12 AM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Got2josh
I was gonna make another thread for this but I'll just post up in here.
I have an 00 750, have been working on 2nd and I thought I pretty much had BP on 2nd gear coming along, I thought I was just going in and out of it and not quite staying in it, but now I think I was wrong.
I've been getting a lot more comfortable with the brake and have been getting a lot better at controling the wheelie with the brake, so today I got it up as high as I usually do and decided to bring it back a little farther and I think like maybe 6 inches to a foot higher than what I was I DEF hit bp. Revs dropped, I **** my pants, the whole nine yards, as soon as that happened I brought it right down with the brake, but damn it feels high.
I just felt like sharing, but whenever I get them real high it feels like I'm about to fall off the bike, not loop but just that I'm hanging off the back, even though I'm pretty close to the tank. When I hit bp earlier I felt ready to fall off and I half sat down on the bike as it came up there, is it just me? Does everyone else feel like this or what? Whenever I see pics it looks like everyone is straight up and down, but I feel like I'm way back. IDk, any advice would be cool though.
2nd gear clutch standups btw.

Ya, I'd say everyone goes through that feeling. It is just something that your body will get use to as you practice more...
Old 08-29-2005, 09:16 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
learning clutcher is much safer and predictable, trust me, in 6 mnths u'll look back and be like wtf was i thinking.... learn first. be smooth, put pressure on brake..

Good advice. I still suck at second gear...standups scare me cause I never practice em...but the clutch is your best friend. I can actually hit BP in first at keep a steady speed once in a while...and I've been clutching first again after a long break (1 1/2 years) for about 2 months. I laugh my azz off when I see a vid of me when I was still powering...it's like wtf was I thinking with that pu$$y shiat.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:28 AM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tdeal28
Ya, I'd say everyone goes through that feeling. It is just something that your body will get use to as you practice more...
thanks, now I'm gonna go get my frame welded and practice some more!