f4i problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:40 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
f4i problems...

Arg

So, my f4i has this really cool feature where it decides to shut off seemingly randomly. It seems to happen most frequently if I get on it hard, then pull in the clutch and coast. I don't have guages, and the noise around is too loud for me to tell if it's just cutting off, or just revving down and not idling properly. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i problems...

Originally Posted by inolen
Arg

So, my f4i has this really cool feature where it decides to shut off seemingly randomly. It seems to happen most frequently if I get on it hard, then pull in the clutch and coast. I don't have guages, and the noise around is too loud for me to tell if it's just cutting off, or just revving down and not idling properly. Does anyone have any ideas?
does it start right back up with no problem? does the motor cut out, or the motor and all the power with it?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:49 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Stupid 5 minute edit rule...

Edit: It idles just fine while sitting. I thought it had something to do with my tipover wiring (because the taps I used are sortof flakey, and causes the bike to shut down sometimes when I hit a speed bump or whatnot, I'll be fixing it soon). But it seems highly unlikely that that's the case when near everytime it's happened it's involved me getting on it hard then coasting..
Old 08-18-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by teamclc
does it start right back up with no problem? does the motor cut out, or the motor and all the power with it?
It won't start right back up if I try to use the button (I have to sit forever pressing it and FINALLY it will decide to start up), but if it's still going fast enough letting go of the clutch starts it back up fine.

Edit: Also, I *think* it's just the motor. I am gonna put on my guages this weekend and test to see for sure.