Homemade Handbrake

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 04:38 PM

broncopete27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Homemade Handbrake

I got a new idear for a handbrake setup that i havent seen anybody bust out on here yet, and i thought id post up and see if there is a reason why...I saw mannys with the jb weld and all that, here is my plan: I got 2 rear mc's, on mc A. im gonna take out the tube and fitting that goes to the resevoir. On mc B. im gonna hack off the top 3/4" and braze it where the rear resivor goes on mc A...then jb weld the sht out of it...that way i have a banjo fitting where the rear res. use to be, then just run a line into the brazed on fitting to my handlebars, and run a line from the stock outlet to my brake, like normal...any ideas?? i think it should work fine, look pimp adn be cheap/sturdy for the most part...

this is on a 04 zx6rr, im usin a front master off the 6rr if it is bunk for a handbrake sombody speak up..
Old 08-13-2005, 05:28 PM

Kelly. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Homemade Handbrake

for all that work , you can just get a gp tech iftting. it has a threaded piece that allows you to add another brake line in where the resivor goes.

you way sounds complicated.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:39 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

that and do you really want to realy on jb holdin up. it might but what if your falling back and you need that brake and you go to hit it and it comes apart on ya, your not gonna be happy
Old 08-14-2005, 03:25 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by broncopete27
I got a new idear for a handbrake setup that i havent seen anybody bust out on here yet, and i thought id post up and see if there is a reason why...I saw mannys with the jb weld and all that, here is my plan: I got 2 rear mc's, on mc A. im gonna take out the tube and fitting that goes to the resevoir. On mc B. im gonna hack off the top 3/4" and braze it where the rear resivor goes on mc A...then jb weld the sht out of it...that way i have a banjo fitting where the rear res. use to be, then just run a line into the brazed on fitting to my handlebars, and run a line from the stock outlet to my brake, like normal...any ideas?? i think it should work fine, look pimp adn be cheap/sturdy for the most part...

this is on a 04 zx6rr, im usin a front master off the 6rr if it is bunk for a handbrake sombody speak up..
Thats pretty much what i did, but I can't bring myself to put the handbrake on.

Last edited by MikeM; 03-17-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:15 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
Thats pretty much what i did, but I can't bring myself to put the handbrake on.
my buddy did his like that too and it works awesome. put it on man, it's different.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Nice--I'd like to know if that works! I have a spare slave sitting around...
Old 08-15-2005, 06:53 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

you could have taken the parts to aluminium welder, they can probably weld that so that it holds up...
Old 08-15-2005, 12:27 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Talk to Zackie Chan... he has a 636 with a hand brake setup, and he used a 1000rr Nissin (sp?) setup, with another 636 rear caliper. Its two seperate brake reservoirs, for 2 completely seperate calipers. It works reallllllly well, and it very easy to control.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:20 AM

i ended up having it welded, sanded it down and painted it, turned out way pimp, got it welded for free, i have 38$ in the whole set up...works awsome
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

sounds pimp... but $38 in the WHOLE setup... including brake line, fittings, HB master??!??!?!

or you mean $38 in the rear master? cause for slightly more than that you could just get the GP Tech adapter! But good idea though, for someone that has the parts and can weld it for free its a good alternative
Old 08-26-2005, 12:20 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

its just too easy to order the fitting....put it on in a few minutes.....ride! lol
Old 08-28-2005, 02:49 PM

from what i hear...not sure tho cuz i have no experience with it..but that gp tech fitting blows some sorta o-ring alot, and requires a unsightly hose clamp..i dunno sounds kinda funky to me, I was able to build mine so cheap cuz i had a extra front a rear mc, and i got the line from bonaco...itll lock the rear tire up like it aint no thing..brand new bto14 at 60 with two fingers, i was way surprised
Old 08-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by broncopete27
from what i hear...not sure tho cuz i have no experience with it..but that gp tech fitting blows some sorta o-ring alot, and requires a unsightly hose clamp..i dunno sounds kinda funky to me, I was able to build mine so cheap cuz i had a extra front a rear mc, and i got the line from bonaco...itll lock the rear tire up like it aint no thing..brand new bto14 at 60 with two fingers, i was way surprised
Bronco how long of a line did you get for the 929? The company is called bonaco?

I got an older friend of mine thats a gearhead working on my handbrake right now--he's trying out a check valve in the rear cyclinder to allow the operation of the handbrake and foot brake seperately..then probably welding the banjo fitting on. I'll post pics as soon as it's done. :YEAH
Old 08-28-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Armenian
Bronco how long of a line did you get for the 929? The company is called bonaco?

I got an older friend of mine thats a gearhead working on my handbrake right now--he's trying out a check valve in the rear cyclinder to allow the operation of the handbrake and foot brake seperately..then probably welding the banjo fitting on. I'll post pics as soon as it's done. :YEAH
that is 1 down fall of mine is u hafto completly let off the foot to use the hand and vise versa, itd be sick if u could somehow have it to start layin into the hb while u were still easin out of the foot brake...the company i got my lines from is bonaco..www.bonacoinc.com i got a 60" line, with banjo fittings for 30$, then i went ahead and replaced all my other lines with ss lines..costed me 100$ even shipped..Way cheap, and they are teflon coated and stuff..call them tho for the best deal 9099853429 autozone is a dealer for them but i bet it would be cheaper to call them direct..i got a pic of mine that i snaped b4 i painted it and stuff, ill post it up
Old 08-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Ceph is an unknown quantity at this point

here's the pic of Pete's MS. had it on my comp, so i'll post it up for him.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:16 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

Just use the GP tech fitting it works great. I have had mine on for a while and I have never had any problems whatsoever . Why not use it, its cheaper and it works.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i have the fitting and i have to use a HANDFULL to get enough power to pull me down, it just doesn't feel very powerful and i don't honestly trust it as much as a foot brake
Old 08-28-2005, 07:34 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i have the fitting and i have to use a HANDFULL to get enough power to pull me down, it just doesn't feel very powerful and i don't honestly trust it as much as a foot brake
thats how mine used to be until i 86'ed the gixxer master i had, i then ran a zx7 hydro clutch/fitting setup that works as good as anyone elses.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

I run zx6r front master for my HB, it's garbage . i'll scrape SS's but i dont trust it enough to even wanna scrape HC's or spreaders. I have the Gp tech fitting and i know it works good but this front master has to go. It's not trustworthy enough for most stunts.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:53 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is spongy like that but I like it. Scrapin HC and spreaders I pull the lever all the way to the bar but it doesnt bother me cause it comes back eventually

Quick Reply: Homemade Handbrake