I need advice with a reckless driving ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point
I need advice with a reckless driving ticket

Those of you who have got reckless tickets in the past, please read this and give me some advice. Here's what happened: I was riding a wheelie down a 2 lane road, and a car passed in the opposite direction. Little did I know, it was a cop. He swung a u turn and caught up to me while I was still riding the wheelie. I saw flashing lights coming from behind me so I set it down and pulled over. He told me I'm lucky I'm not getting arrested, etc., etc... I ended up getting 2 tickets. $115 ticket for operating the bike with my headlight off, and a reckless driving for the wheelie. I have 30 days to decide what I'm gonna do about the headlight ticket, and I have to call asap to get a court date for the reckless. These are my first tickets... what do I do?
Old 08-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Regular StuntLifer

pineapple is a decent person
Re: I need advice with a reckless driving ticket

**** first ticket dont sweat it... all you have to do is get you a good lawyer... take it to court.. tell the lawyer that your sorry.... blah blah... an you will get probation, and prob get one of them neat driver class's.. (cause i have) tell the lawyer to give you options. and you will be alright... just dont get in troulbe wile on probation... cause that is a loss of license (my friend did)...dont sweat it so much.... long as you got the cash you will be aight (personal exp)
Old 08-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Registered Stunter

Originally Posted by pineapple
**** first ticket dont sweat it... all you have to do is get you a good lawyer... take it to court.. tell the lawyer that your sorry.... blah blah... an you will get probation, and prob get one of them neat driver class's.. (cause i have) tell the lawyer to give you options. and you will be alright... just dont get in troulbe wile on probation... cause that is a loss of license (my friend did)...dont sweat it so much.... long as you got the cash you will be aight (personal exp)
Heck yes :YEAH ... I'm a full time student and part time cashier at a grocery store.. I'm good to go.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Regular StuntLifer

i had a reckless in april.. had probation till july... it was my first time for reckless... but not for a ticket... long as you get yourself a lawyer... an have them talk to the DA. you will prop just get a class, probation, fines, just have to make sure you dont get caught on ONE when your out an about. then you will be ok.. its just going to cost you a lil bit out of pocket... i spent 800 for all of my fines an lawyer.

1. lawyer = 400
2. ticket = 200
3. court cost = 50
4. no tag = 100
5. driver class = 50

but its not on my record
Old 08-04-2005, 02:27 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Metzger
Those of you who have got reckless tickets in the past, please read this and give me some advice. Here's what happened: I was riding a wheelie down a 2 lane road, and a car passed in the opposite direction. Little did I know, it was a cop. He swung a u turn and caught up to me while I was still riding the wheelie. I saw flashing lights coming from behind me so I set it down and pulled over. He told me I'm lucky I'm not getting arrested, etc., etc... I ended up getting 2 tickets. $115 ticket for operating the bike with my headlight off, and a reckless driving for the wheelie. I have 30 days to decide what I'm gonna do about the headlight ticket, and I have to call asap to get a court date for the reckless. These are my first tickets... what do I do?
when the hell did this happen ed

you still riding tonight :YEAH
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Registered Stunter

Originally Posted by suicidl
when the hell did this happen ed

you still riding tonight :YEAH
On my way home from work tonight. Yeah I'll be riding but I don't know if I'll be in that street killin mood.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:32 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

On my way home from work tonight. Yeah I'll be riding but I don't know if I'll be in that street killin mood.
i am bringing 2 of the lauderdale boys up with me. let the street killing session begin
Old 08-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Regular StuntLifer

too bad your so far from me if not i would come help disturb tha peace =)
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 AM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get a lawyer for the reckless driving, the headlight shouldn't be a moving so you'll just get supervision on that. Definetly need a lawyer for reckless driving though.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:31 AM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

that sux ed... obviously it wasnt reckless, you were in complete control, he was able to slow down flip a ***** and still catch you in the middle of the same wheelie...reckless my ***! lol
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM

crazy900RR is an unknown quantity at this point

the headlight should be a fix-it ticket, just show tem that you fixed it. but as far as the reckless, I have no clue
Old 08-04-2005, 09:49 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

wow i cant believe you pulled over.

he was on the other side and had to make a uturn...you couldve been gone by then.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yzfrone

he was on the other side and had to make a uturn...you couldve been gone by then.

Sometimes it's not worth running.....

You don't need to get a lawyer for either ticket. Call the courthouse and let them know that you are not able to make court dates and write them a letter to document your conversation. They will give you information on how to fight it, usually a "plea and waiver" that you sign and notarize.

That document gets into court and the clerk reads it off before the judge. He uses his discretion and in my case (tags not assigned/stolen plate) they let me off. This was in Daytona this year and I was arrested.

Bail - 500.00
Impound - 135.00

Total BS costs - 635.00

Court Costs
1. Court fee/tickets – 205.00
2. State Attorney's costs – 50.00
3. Daytona Police Department – 50.00

Total cost for freedom and nothing on my record – 305.00

I have been fighting my tickets for years so do as you will. It's a cheaper way to learn about the law and actually understand what is going on, which is a good learning experience. You pay the headlight ticket out of good faith and they will be a little easier about the wheelie.

This information is to be used as a guideline only. CamoMike does not guarantee that this information is suitable, or legally accurate, for all situations, and is not liable for any deficiencies in the document’s content.

Good Luck either way

Camo Mike
Old 08-04-2005, 10:41 AM

f4stunna is a decent person

/\
|
i think you got lucky to get off of all of that with nothing but the court costs. stolen/attached plates are a big deal
Old 08-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

If a lawyer can get you off, you can fight and get yourself off. Law is law. We as people have the right to represent ourselves. I didn't get lucky, I got smart. Knowledge is power. This isn't about me anyway, so lets end it.

Everyone makes mistakes and we pay for them. This isn't a murder case, he was doing a wheelie. A slow one at that (proving he had full control) of his bike. When you understand that and make the judge understand that everything will work itself out. This kid pulled over as soon as he saw lights. He has credibility and respect for the law. When you make the judge understand that you will be a bit better.

Camo Mike
Old 08-04-2005, 12:31 PM

richierokit is an unknown quantity at this point

two things in life you should never be cheap about:
1. medical attention! do you really want some cheap hack doctor putting your bones back together?????????
2. legal representation! A good lawer can save your life in court. The courts will do a 1000times more for a lawer than the will for some road killing stunt rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a lawer, my lawer got me off of a reckless in a town here in upstate NY, that as a policy doesn't reduce reckless driving tickets!!
p.s. get the f!@k off the streets, and this amazing thing happens! No More Tickets!!!! just my
Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 PM

ripley311 is an unknown quantity at this point

lawers are scumbag focks. that being said get a lawyer. The system is set up so that you will get off easier with a lawyer. Why would anyone pay for one if you didn't. Judges used to be lawyers and some will be again when they are finished being judges. Unless you get a really honest judge (right) he will try and preserve the system where his colleauges get paid.

our legal system is so jacked (especialy traffic law) that it is almost a joke. I have personally seen my friend not be able to fight a 7 over ticket without a lawyer when he wasnt speeding. Yet some stupid Botch Rear ended my bike Blew a .25 I had $8,000 in medical bills. She gets a lawyer goes before the same judge and doesn't even loose her liscense for her second DUI offence.

FTP and F the legal system
Old 08-04-2005, 02:14 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

See if there is a way you can find out if the cop got you on tape. Believe it or not it's really hard to prove reckless driving that's why most cops puzz out and write careless driving instead. In this case I would definatly see if you can get a traffic lawyer, I HATE LAWYERS, but for this type of ticket it may be worth it.
Were there cars around you? That's one of the things that constitutes reckless, is if your indangering other motorists.

Fix the headlight, get a traffic lawyer and you should be cool and the gang
Old 08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Registered Stunter

Originally Posted by KungFu954
See if there is a way you can find out if the cop got you on tape. Believe it or not it's really hard to prove reckless driving that's why most cops puzz out and write careless driving instead. In this case I would definatly see if you can get a traffic lawyer, I HATE LAWYERS, but for this type of ticket it may be worth it.
Were there cars around you? That's one of the things that constitutes reckless, is if your indangering other motorists.

Fix the headlight, get a traffic lawyer and you should be cool and the gang
There were 2 cars around me: my friend behind me, giving me light, and the cop in the oncoming lane. The headlight was never broken, I just turned it off to do the wheelie.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered Stunter

Originally Posted by yzfrone

----->"Little did I know, it was a cop."

BTW this took place at night.... thanks for the help everybody.