brake help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:37 PM

e-Roc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: brake help

ok nevermind. I had kinda the same problem with my civic, and it was just cuz I didn't lubricate/clean the calipers after I pushed them all back in from almost all the way out.

Another question. When you get hard on the lever does the pressure stay there or does the lever sink down farther eventually.

Now just another question, and keep in mind I'm not saying you are stupid, but I've ran into a problem like this with a friend. Are you experienced at changing brakes (you know what you are doing)? Cuz one of my retard friends would pump the brakes, loosen the bleed bolt, and let the lever rise back up before retightening the bleed bolt, therefore sucking air back in. JUST A QUESTION. Not sayin anything, just asking. It sounds like you got air in there for sure.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:59 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

nope, i cleaned the whole system with brake cleaner after every time ive bleed anything just becuase its not good when you get brake fluid on the pads.

if i just push the pedal down after i let it be for a while it will go all the way down, but if i pump it and build up the pressure and stay on the pedal, the pressure will stay there.

and i bleed em right. to me it definitally feel like there air in there but ive bleed through 4 bottles not, from the banjos too, and it still isnt out.

someone told me that i will need to use a vacume bleeder to get the air out if its not coming out by hand and someone else suggested that i might need to replace the o ring. i just wasnt sure becuase have no idea whats wrong anymore
Old 08-08-2005, 01:17 AM

slick580 is an unknown quantity at this point

the rear brake line runs vertical so it is hard to get all the air out of the line. try take it off and bleed it with the master up. if something is wrong, i would say it would be the caliper is more likely to go bad then the master. how hard was it to spread the thing when u put new pads in. sometimes when the pistons get pushed out far, they can get stuck at a certain point,especially if the seal leaked water or dirt into it.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:37 AM

e-Roc is an unknown quantity at this point

damn without me lookin at it I wouldn't know for sure. And you aren't getting leaks anywhere?? Well now I'm leaning more towards the master cylinder. Easiest way to see if thats what it is is borrow one off your friends bike when he's not looking. Most are the same. Hook up the lines and see if it maintains pressure. If it does then ya know its your master cylinder.