12's on a gsxr

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 09:20 PM

Pops is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down 12's on a gsxr

Ok, my birthday was great. I got a bar and a cage for my 02 gixxer 1000. I have put zip ties around the tip sensor mechanism so it doesn't cut out (new idea you can use). I am going to put an extra quart of oil in the bike. I turned up my idle and mad a sub frame brace and cut off the tips of my break and clutch lever. Now all I have to do is 12 the thing. I'm running stock gearing and with the recent purchases new sprockets are not in the near future. Is there any advice you can give me that will help me take my fiddy and highway experience work on the 12,s. I know I'm going to have to start clutching. Help?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:22 PM

Brad C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 12's on a gsxr

cover the rear brake at all times and start slow with clutching it

PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE
Old 07-29-2005, 10:34 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

can you actually ride slow stuff on the 50 and do you have brake control down? if so you'll be all set with a little seat time. if not, learn it on the 50 first and get it absolutly on lock, then you will have no problem hopin on the gixxer
Old 07-29-2005, 10:45 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

shouldn't have learned power wheelies on the highway, clutch experience will deff help u... best tip for learning brake onthe fiddy is do a wheelie, go fast in say 2nd gear on it..and then put pressure on the brake, and dip it real far back till it slows to a stall.... gives u a good feel for it
Old 07-30-2005, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by f4stunna
can you actually ride slow stuff on the 50 and do you have brake control down? if so you'll be all set with a little seat time. if not, learn it on the 50 first and get it absolutly on lock, then you will have no problem hopin on the gixxer
I have the break down on the 50. I even got a clutch on it so I have clutching it down. But I am going to be standing up now and I'm not sure I will be able to still hit the break the same. I am also wondering the options for the OIL SITUATION.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:19 AM

01GSXR-600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pops
I have the break down on the 50. I even got a clutch on it so I have clutching it down. But I am going to be standing up now and I'm not sure I will be able to still hit the break the same. I am also wondering the options for the OIL SITUATION.

I was always told NOT to put it extra oil on the Gixxers, to just buy a Stuntex oil pickup. Just my
Old 07-30-2005, 12:26 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be fine with adding an extra 1/5- full quart. But the possibility of blowing gixxers with or without, an oil pickup (it seems) is very possible. To help, make sure your oil is good. If your going to be standing up, move your rear brake travel up or down a little to better get a feel when in a wheelie. It was difficult for me to find the brake when standing up, at first, but after practicing I was comfortable wherever the rear brake was within a few days. practice practice practice
Old 07-30-2005, 12:33 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

you really need to be holdin a wheelie for a whiiiiiile to really affect oil pickup, i always overfill my 929 a little, but i can be in a wheelie for a few minutes and never see the oil light come on. when i had my gixxer i could only go like a mile, so i never had to worry about it.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:32 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

only thing i kno about gixxers is their oil catch is farther forward so it would just be better to get a oil squirter if your bikes vertical for a long *** time.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by AzN~BoI_585
only thing i kno about gixxers is their oil catch is farther forward so it would just be better to get a oil squirter if your bikes vertical for a long *** time.
what is this oil squiter. O, and I hit 12 and brought it back my first night
Old 07-31-2005, 11:52 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

You looked real good out there man--that fifty real did help!
Old 08-01-2005, 12:12 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

it re-routes the oil to the front of the pan so while ur in a wheelie the engine isnt getting oil starved. stuntex makes some.