OK now I'm pissed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 10:00 AM

phildoe is an unknown quantity at this point
OK now I'm pissed.

My wheelies are fading right. High speed sit downs, highchairs and now the standups too. When I'm doing the standups I'm fighting the damn bike the whole time just to try keeping it strait. And that takes my focus off the balance point which = garbage wheelies.

Chain adjustment arrows are alighned. tire looks to have even wear on both sides. I've never had a problem stearing my standups through traffic but now it just wants to pull right.

Any ideas?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:25 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: OK now I'm pissed.

all i can say is its probly how you shift you weight if your going right and i assume you are standing stagerd one fort on the brake and one foot on the pas peg. take all of your weight and put it on the pas peg and you will move left one pther thing like i tell every one if you take the time to learn slow idel wheelies your fast wheelies will become 100% better over night you will be surprised
Old 07-22-2005, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by hyperryder
all i can say is its probly how you shift you weight if your going right and i assume you are standing stagerd one fort on the brake and one foot on the pas peg. take all of your weight and put it on the pas peg and you will move left one pther thing like i tell every one if you take the time to learn slow idel wheelies your fast wheelies will become 100% better over night you will be surprised
Yup, I'm doin stagered. And I tried to put all my wieght on the passenger peg and lean as far as i can off to the left and that only seems to keep it strait. I'm pullin my phuckn' hair out! I just went over the bike again and did'nt see anything off center. My highchairs are hanging right too. Thats how I know its not me.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:24 PM
jab

jab is an unknown quantity at this point

are you slowing them down? Ive been slowing mine down and im all over the place side to side, I look like im running a ****ing slalom course on one wheel, but Its just do to the sensitivity change side to side going slower, and only happens 1/2 the time.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:36 PM

No problems slowin'em down when I can keep it strait.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:47 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

have you fallen on one side or the other(you, not the bike) like this:

http://www.midweststunters.com/images/DSC06268.jpg

alot of times when you get a little hurt your body will guard that side without you even thinking about it.....could cause your body to lean a lil to one side, or to tilt your head to one side<---above fall caused me to fade right for awhile til my boy figured out I was twisting my body and felxing my right side to guard where the bruise was.

Have someone directly behind you when you ride one, they can usually tell you if you are standing crooked or your body looks twisted on the bike when riding a wheelie.

Another thing, instead of using your footpeg to put more pressure on the passenger peg, try using your knees against the bike to push it around, works alot better for me, I can steer corners and change lanes through traffic on the back tire without hardly even thinking about it now.

The only other thing I can think about is tire pressure, with a lot of wear on the tire, mine will sometimes pull to one side with more air pressure(28-30 psi) than if I kept it around 15-20 psi.

good luck, hope you can figure it out!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:03 PM
D-Urban

d-acesDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you just put a different tire on before this started? If so, its your tire.

I have had that happen a couple times. I dont know if its some belts in the tire that get screwed up from changing them or what.

Put a different one on and you will be good to go again.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:17 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

or have you crashed hard maybe tweaked yer frame? otherwise yes it'll be the tire, mine did the same ****
Old 07-22-2005, 11:31 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

is your wheel alined right?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:13 PM

OK guy's I fixed it and this is gonna sound kinda wierd but it worked some how. I have a race take off that is probly slightly more worn on the right side and I was running 15psi. So just for the puck of it I added air preasure and everything straitened out. About time too cause I havent been so bothered by anything in a long time.

Thanx brothers.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:39 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

weird, thats usually the opposite of what you need to do to straighten em out!!!!

is it kinda like that movie Tin Cup, you know, put all your change in your left pocket, turn your hat sideways and stick out your tongue and everything gets better????haha