stunt bike WIREING

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:51 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person
stunt bike WIREING

i know im a dumb ***, but i wanted to get rid of all the wireing i didn't need (headlight/turnsignals, and such) but after cutting the wires i "thought" i didn't need...the bike won't start now.....turns over, but won't run....i ordered another wireing harness (for when i put the bike back for street) but i still want to get rid of the wires......anyone done this, and know which wires i need to run the bike....thats all i want is the necessities....thanks in advance for any advice
Old 07-21-2005, 03:38 AM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stunt bike WIREING

Have you bypassed the tip over sensor? That's what it sounds like.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:37 AM

no....how do i do that? BTW...i cut the wires up by the radiator on the right side of the bike
Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

just pull all the fuses except for the ignition and the fan.

theres no tip sensor on the F1, F2, F3 and F4s.

to make your fan run all the time, find the fan switch. its a sensor that plugs into the radiator on the left side. When the wire is grounded the fan kicks on. Run a switch between the wire and an engine ground.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:49 PM
wheres all the fat girls

solder all the wires back together, its less work than putting in a new harness.

get a service manual and read the wiring diagram. its easy as ****, theres nothing to those bikes
Old 07-21-2005, 01:35 PM

LowViscosity is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah this forum is a lot more help than Gixxer.com
Old 07-21-2005, 01:50 PM

after stripping the harness apart to get the wires i wanted...it's useless.....
Old 07-22-2005, 04:12 PM
D-Urban

d-acesDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you cut the wires that go to the clutch for starting the bike (you know how you have to pull in the cluth to start it). Find them and wire them together.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:39 PM

WOW..that makes alot of sence......THANKS......ill try it and keep you posted!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:07 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
WOW..that makes alot of sence......THANKS......ill try it and keep you posted!

Last edited by MikeM; 03-17-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:08 AM

so would that mean wire the G/w G/r together (which is the 2nd and 3rd wires at the verry top of the diagran from the left to right?)???
Old 07-23-2005, 09:41 AM
wheres all the fat girls

Originally Posted by MikeM
dude, did you scan that or is there a place online that you can get wiring diagrams? I ask because www.partsfish.com changed my life because they have those exploded pics of every bike ATV made in the last 30 years.

more wiring stuff-
for a stuntbike, I think its best to ground out the Neutral Safety switch, that way you'll never have your bike cut out because of a kickstand sensor or anything like that. Ive starting system problems where I just grounded the neutral switch because I didnt feel like replacing a clutch sensor or kickstand sensor. sure the bike starts in every gear but it ended up being easier.
the neutral switch is down by the gearshift selector. its above and to the left where it goes into the tranny. just take that wire and secure it to a ground which is anywhere on that steel frame
I think on your bike, if its cranking, the bike must be reading neutral so thats not your problem. your not getting ignition. just re-trace the ignition system. If you were in DC id help you man its not hard
Old 07-23-2005, 10:07 AM

POPEYE is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 07-23-2005, 10:08 AM
D-Urban

so would that mean wire the G/w G/r together (which is the 2nd and 3rd wires at the verry top of the diagran from the left to right?)???
Yep, wire those two together
Old 07-23-2005, 10:14 AM
D-Urban

Originally Posted by martino
dude, did you scan that or is there a place online that you can get wiring diagrams? I ask because www.partsfish.com changed my life because they have those exploded pics of every bike ATV made in the last 30 years.

more wiring stuff-
for a stuntbike, I think its best to ground out the Neutral Safety switch, that way you'll never have your bike cut out because of a kickstand sensor or anything like that. Ive starting system problems where I just grounded the neutral switch because I didnt feel like replacing a clutch sensor or kickstand sensor. sure the bike starts in every gear but it ended up being easier.
the neutral switch is down by the gearshift selector. its above and to the left where it goes into the tranny. just take that wire and secure it to a ground which is anywhere on that steel frame
I think on your bike, if its cranking, the bike must be reading neutral so thats not your problem. your not getting ignition. just re-trace the ignition system. If you were in DC id help you man its not hard
Or you can cut the wires that go to the kick stand and wire those two together also. Like he said its a good idea to do that.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:28 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by martino
I bought a cd off ebay for $3 with manuals for every year cbr600 in pdf format. I took a screenshot, but I would definitely say that somebody scanned it.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:29 AM

ill wire those together today, but im thinking it's my ignition, so thats why it's not fireing ....wireing sucks
Old 07-23-2005, 02:06 PM
wheres all the fat girls

louisville, if you can scan me a pic of the diagram somehow i can tell you how to rewire it. im going out of town later today for 2 weeks but ill try to get it somehow
Old 07-23-2005, 02:44 PM

i don't have a pic of the diagram.....just what was posted in this thread.....someone said the bike was wired NOT to run w/ out the headlight wired/working????
Old 07-27-2005, 03:15 AM
wheres all the fat girls

i don't have a pic of the diagram.....just what was posted in this thread.....someone said the bike was wired NOT to run w/ out the headlight wired/working????
nah, you can run without the headlights/guages/signals/brake lamps, basically everything but the ignition circuit. BUT there are ignition related wires in the same pack of wires that the headlights and guages run in.
you are screwed my friend.

If I bought that thing as is, Id just run jumper wires to whatever needs to be hot on the ignition circuit. id just have the whole ignition system on a $3 Autozone switch. Im big on convienience, I wouldnt spend too much time decoding old wires

Quick Reply: stunt bike WIREING