Rolling burnout question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Regular StuntLifer

NYCr6Nukka is an unknown quantity at this point
Rolling burnout question

I searched the board and really found nothing useful on the topic. I have never attempted a rolling burnout and would appreciate any positive input...thanx
Old 07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Regular StuntLifer

NYCr6Nukka is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rolling burnout question

bump............
Old 07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

Its easy, but im not good at typing instructions. Get moving forward just enough to balance the bike. Pull the clutch in and start braking. as you give it more throttle let the clutch out while keeping the pressure on the brake. Once you get this combination down its easy. And then once you can do em strait, throw a steering imput in and start doing em in circles
Old 07-07-2005, 12:57 PM

TreeSmoke is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice input.....

Im going to try my first burnout soon.
I have to buy a new tire because fabrics showing so i figured i might as well burn the old one off.

I am going to have friend video record it so i can post it up....

Ethier it will be cool or not im soon to find out
Old 07-07-2005, 02:14 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are two main things to do while attempting this.

1) lean alll the way forward and (here is the important part) WATCH THE FRONT TIRE. Just glance at where your going, watch the front tire. Cause, when it slides and it will, you can ease off the front break a little.

2) Don't dump the clutch but ease it out but (again here is the improtant part) once it's out, don't ride it. Or you'll fry your clutch within a few attempts.

If you have trouble breaking the rear loose, take a sponge and wet your rear tire down. Remember,,, too much juice gets you loose.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 AM

kawizx9r is an unknown quantity at this point

hell i just lean forward, give a little front brake and at the same time give it gas. ive done this up to a roling 3rd gear. juss gotta get the timing down!
Old 07-08-2005, 12:06 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Your probably gonna wash out a few times, dont rev-limitr it just give it a decent amount of spin, remember what to do if it gets squirrely on you. It's like riding a bull.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:20 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Start standing still. Just do a regular burnout. Then start easing off the brake and walk forward with the bike as your easing off the brake. Do this till u feel you have a comfortable feel for working the throttle and braking. Then once u feel comfortable try climbing up onto the pegs as your walking it forward. AS SOON AS YOU GET ON THE PEGS Put your weight as far forward as you can, i'm usually staring straight down at the tire.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:22 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JonnyJ
Start standing still. Just do a regular burnout. Then start easing off the brake and walk forward with the bike as your easing off the brake. Do this till u feel you have a comfortable feel for working the throttle and braking. Then once u feel comfortable try climbing up onto the pegs as your walking it forward. AS SOON AS YOU GET ON THE PEGS Put your weight as far forward as you can, i'm usually staring straight down at the tire.
thats a good point dont take your feet off the ground until your comfortable with the spin
Old 07-08-2005, 12:52 PM

rrmike is an unknown quantity at this point

The only ones I've done were just like JonnyJ says. I was learning from a stop then just kinda let off the brake a little and hop up on the pegs and lean way forward.

It only took me like 3 tries and I could roll them as far as I wanted. It's pretty easy once you get going (IMO) I just couldn't get my sticky *** pilot sports spinning while moving. Now I got a new tire so practicing is out till later
Old 07-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Ninja

sixshooter is an unknown quantity at this point

Cover your clutch
Old 07-08-2005, 07:26 PM

JunesGSXR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonnyJ
Bump
Thats how I learned worked nice. After a couple attempts you will have it down packed!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:33 PM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

im using a race take off on the rear right now and i can do just fine with that. Pilot sports are way harder than this one, your doing somthing wrong if it wont spin
Old 07-08-2005, 07:55 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

try doing this, if it's your first time only start off at like 10-15 mph. Stand up and put all your weight over the front, you don't have to completely lean over the front but go as far foward as you still feel comfortable with. Then give it some gas while applying the front brake so you stay at a constant speed, then pull the clutch in a little, not all the way, just enough to get your rpms up but still keep load on the front brake and then let the clutch out. Don't ride on the clutch or you'll burn it up, do it quickly. Also like was said don't go crazy and peg the rev limiter til you get some practice, just keep it going in the meaty part of the powerband and if the bike start coming out on you just pull the clutch in. First few times you might just want to practice breaking the tire loose so you get a feel for it.