The gixxer from helll . .. help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:41 PM

riot is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The gixxer from helll . .. help

Originally Posted by Dano
you kick *** bro, and thank you for finally saying the battery needs to be at 12 damn volts, i keep hearing it had 9 so it's good

a battery than has a static voltage of 12.45 only has 75% capacity left!!!!
Keep reading . .its the charging system not the battery. I knew it wasnt the battery because I have gone through two brand new ones. Thanks tho
Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 PM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

OK no those weren't the right leads to pull off... Pull the stator lead that was fried off the R/R. it always needs the +&- leads.

quote:
"There was a phase fried out on the first one tho, hence this whole ****** problem"

this is the lead you want to pull off, the bad stator fried the one diode in the R/R that this stator lead was attached too, (theres three) if you remeber which one it is pull this lead out of the conector at the R/R. This will make the system work again just wont charge at idle as well. (3phase vs. fulll wave)

how does a new batt. only have 9v?

Fix: 1 12v batt. and disconect the bad lead from the stator to the R/R

you'll be ridn' that bich 2day :YEAH
Old 07-03-2005, 04:07 PM

riot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 955iDisastar
OK no those weren't the right leads to pull off... Pull the stator lead that was fried off the R/R. it always needs the +&- leads.

quote:
"There was a phase fried out on the first one tho, hence this whole ****** problem"

this is the lead you want to pull off, the bad stator fried the one diode in the R/R that this stator lead was attached too, (theres three) if you remeber which one it is pull this lead out of the conector at the R/R. This will make the system work again just wont charge at idle as well. (3phase vs. fulll wave)

how does a new batt. only have 9v?

Fix: 1 12v batt. and disconect the bad lead from the stator to the R/R

you'll be ridn' that bich 2day :YEAH

Just picked up a new battery from autozone when i got my plugs, oonly place open, hence the new battery. YOu are a gottamn pimp. I appreaciate your help, ill go give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks again man, really do appreciate all the help. At least im learning a lot.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:20 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by riot
Keep reading . .its the charging system not the battery. I knew it wasnt the battery because I have gone through two brand new ones. Thanks tho
say what? battery is part of the charging system, im not really sure what your saying. anyways post up when you get that biatch runnin
Old 07-03-2005, 04:25 PM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by riot
Just picked up a new battery from autozone when i got my plugs, oonly place open, hence the new battery. YOu are a gottamn pimp. I appreaciate your help, ill go give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks again man, really do appreciate all the help. At least im learning a lot.

All small vehicle batteries need to be charged before install, unlike car batteries even if you get it at a car autoparts store.

...and your welcom I'm always here to help my felow bikers
Old 07-03-2005, 06:54 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 955iDisastar
All small vehicle batteries need to be charged before install, unlike car batteries even if you get it at a car autoparts store.

...and your welcom I'm always here to help my felow bikers
last battery i bought for my bike i tried to take to autozone for them to trickle charge it for me, couple years ago i sat thru a lecture some big dog from edison power gave- saying that if you charge a battery before the initial install it will last much longer. so the ***** at autozone refuses to charge it for me saying it'll hurt the battery cause she just took the autozone battery class. one of many autozone stories.....