gearing/weight question......might seem dumb!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 05:27 AM

clumbsybiker is an unknown quantity at this point
gearing/weight question......might seem dumb!

Okay, so, for those of you who dont remember me or know me, Im 6ft 6 and about 320lbs......I know.....anyway! I was running my 99 F4 at -2 and stock for gearing and it would wheelie like a CHAMP in first and second and with luck, bouncing, fear and pleading, SOMETIMES it would get 3 or 4 feet up in third......though my friend could clutch third EVERY time on it. I know that when I got the bike the gearing was stock and all I could do was the occasional shitty pow pow power wheelie. One time it came up that way so fast it almost looped. As some of you may know, my CCT has gone out for the 8TH time this year and I recently went back to stock gearing. Now the bike dosnt want to come up even in FIRST. Have I just gotten to used to the -2 gearing? Or could there be an engine problem that would also explain the CCT problems? Is my weight maybe too much for a little 600 motor even WITH gearing? The reason for all the dumb questions is Im wondering if I should fix the thing again or buy a 929 or 1000RR. With my weight I only do wheelies and stoppies so I am not worried about a bike that isnt good for learning a lot of stuff on. Another year, another 100lbs off, and THEN I will possibly be askin GOOD STUNT BIKE questions. I know this is kinda been a short story to read and a LOT of mostly unrelated questions and pointless info, but I know that even LITTLE bits of info can help some of you more experianced guy/girls come up with a better opinion of what to do or consider.

Thank you all, Fox
Old 06-30-2005, 07:43 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: gearing/weight question......might seem dumb!

"Now the bike dosnt want to come up even in FIRST. Have I just gotten to used to the -2 gearing?"

maybe you have gained more weight?
Old 07-02-2005, 09:56 PM

clumbsybiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: gearing/weight question......might seem dumb!

Originally Posted by Jaket
"Now the bike dosnt want to come up even in FIRST. Have I just gotten to used to the -2 gearing?"

maybe you have gained more weight?

no, LOST weight....only got the weight becuase I tore all the ligs in my right knee and had to get pins in my arms and did not walk for almost a year. I am still LOSING weight and I was like sixty lbs heavier when I first got the bike and used to power wheelie it. So I dont know about it.