polishing frame? how to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:07 PM

Metzzen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
polishing frame? how to?

what kind of head/bit should i use to polish up my frame on my gsxr. i want to use my pneumatic die grinder instead of the good old hands. should i just use a sanding head with like 80 grit or 40 or somethin?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:00 AM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: polishing frame? how to?

yeah start with 80 grit, then move to 120, then 180, 240, so on and so on till you get to 2000 grit, then polish it with Mother's polish or equivalent using a polishing pad on the die grinder. Take your time and get all the scratches out from the previous grit paper, it will take time, but will look great in the end
Old 07-03-2005, 01:16 AM

serslyfkdup is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: polishing frame? how to?

Originally Posted by headache
yeah start with 80 grit, then move to 120, then 180, 240, so on and so on till you get to 2000 grit, then polish it with Mother's polish or equivalent using a polishing pad on the die grinder. Take your time and get all the scratches out from the previous grit paper, it will take time, but will look great in the end
what he said,only wrap the paper around one of those stir sticks you get at a paint shop to keep it square or it will look like a funhouse mirror.never again for me though,way too much work.