HELP GET 02 f4i running!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 07:55 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP GET 02 f4i running!!!

K so i finally got all my parts and got em all on. Before I started taking stuff off I had the motor running and it was doin fine. I took off the subframe and put a new one on. Now when i try and start it one of my relays on the subframe (either fuel cut relay, or engine stop relay, its the one farthest back) starts clicking and I got no power or anything, fuel pump don't prime and i have no power to the guages. WTF is the deal? Everything was fine before i took off the subframe.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:07 PM

Flamed04R6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HELP GET 02 f4i running!!!

probly got a dead battery.... put it on a charger and let it charge some.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:09 PM

The battery is brand new and i'm using a charger on jumpstart to try and start it.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:35 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

check all your fuses you may have blown one when taking off the subframe it is usally the small ****
Old 06-18-2005, 08:44 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

yup check the fuses, and if worse comes to worse, go buy anotherone of those relayd, there liek 15$ i think , happened to my friends f4i after he left it out in the rain
Old 06-18-2005, 10:24 PM

Ok i'm havin all sorts of problems but i don't think most of it is actually the bike. I had been using a brand new $70 walmart battery charger that had a jump start mode. I charged the new batt overnight and then tried to start it and it acted like it was dead. Put the charger on it on jumpstart mode and thats when it was clickin. After thinkin about it i decided to try and jump it off my friends truck, started right up. But as soon as i take the cables off it dies. Used a voltmeter to see what it was at while it was running, said 14.xx volts, so the stator should be running. The truck was off and i doubt his little mazdas batt will put out 14volts. So i'm pretty sure that the stator is ok. This is my second batt, i though the original was bad cause it was doin the same thing. But this one is brand new form the store and it still don't run. WTF!
Old 06-19-2005, 02:48 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

my best advise is stop were you are at and get thet f**ker the dealer i did the same thing to my 929 and i eventuly needed to replace the main wire harness. but you can try this check all of your grounds (i mean the ones that ground to the frame and your - on the battery) check your fuses (even the main fuse) check all conections even the ones you did not touch last but not least check the tip over switch. if that dose not work take it to the dealer you dont want to go through 3 ecm like i did when it was only some thing small.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:37 PM

ImStoopid is an unknown quantity at this point

so when you turn on your ignition the fuel cut off clicks once or a few times and then dies?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

12 volt regulator rectifier. you prolly burned it up with all that jump starting.. not good idea to jump start a bike. also a battery that doesn't hold charge well will not provide enough amps to run ignition system, headlight, fuel pump etc.. u gotta have a good battery. alot of bikes wont run off just the stator.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:37 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

The other night I was out bike ran fine, started fine, I stalled a circle and it died, nothing. I had all the problems you do and was about to toss my bike off a cliff. Then for the **** of it after testing everything I arced the battery. Sure enough, dead. How a perfectly good working battery would just up and die (less than 10min into a session) out of nowhere is beyond me. I've never seen anything like it. Replaced it with a spare and the bike fired right up. Give it a try, may be the same thing for you.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:01 PM

riot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MasterShake
12 volt regulator rectifier. you prolly burned it up with all that jump starting.. not good idea to jump start a bike. also a battery that doesn't hold charge well will not provide enough amps to run ignition system, headlight, fuel pump etc.. u gotta have a good battery. alot of bikes wont run off just the stator.
Yup, exactly what happened to my gixxer, had to replace the RR
Old 07-20-2005, 12:10 PM

Rodyowen is an unknown quantity at this point

my f3 was running fine. had been riding all day and all the sudden it died. when i got it back to my house, i replaced the regulator/rectifier, no help. replaced stator, no help. i could jump start it from my truck battery, but when you pulled the cables, it died. so i replaced the battery and it runs fine. something about bike batteries, they just die for no reason.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:30 PM

Nick Storm is a decent person

if another new battery only works for a bit : your altenator could be buggered???
Old 07-20-2005, 12:36 PM

riot is an unknown quantity at this point

SOme guy on here really helped me with mine, but ill try to reitterate what he said.

Hook a voltage reader up to the battery. Its should reaad around 13.5 at idle. Rev it up and see if the voltage increases. If it does, its your battery, if it doesnt its the charging system, most likely your RR. If you cant keep it running, just leave the jumpers connected. You will still be able to see if its the charging system or not. Hope this helps