929 acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough
929 acceleration problem

So I got this 929 2 days ago...

and I have a question.

It had a custom map and from idle to about 3500 rpm it would lag almost like bogging and then it would pull hard as ****...

I remapped using the one of Dynojet's site for the 929 with erion racing cams, exhaust and kn filter...

It aleviated the problem a little. Now it pulls hard from about 2500 RPM but from 1400 (idle) to 2500 RPM it lags again. This is really annoying when taking iff from red lights, stop signs or even when on one wheel.
Now here is my question, I dont feel comfortable messing with the map and setting up a custom one... Does it sound like a map problem or a fuel delivery problem?

Maybe the injectors need cleaning or new plugs?

Any suggestions, advice or like issues?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:18 PM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 929 acceleration problem

First off the bat...when you're looking for performance, you can pitch that K&N in the dumpster...I know it doesnt make sense because 99 percent of the time they make power....but they actually dont seem to agree with the honda's....and I mean time and time and time again we have tried to dial in K&N filters in on honda's like 900rr's 929rr's and so on and so forth, but they just dont seem to agree....I would recomend (if you still have the OEM filter), pitch the K&N and replace with OEM...reload your map and let her buck...I would bet this will drop out the problem...the main issue is, that the K&N tends to exaggerate power drop from peak output when combined with exhaust and other mods...normally these dips are not noticable and are actually just normal from baseline to increase peak output, if that makes any sense....in any case my
Old 06-11-2005, 06:20 PM

kensher is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a mapping problem to me. I would take it to a good shop and have them dyno tune it for you.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by Six Eight Nate
First off the bat...when you're looking for performance, you can pitch that K&N in the dumpster...I know it doesnt make sense because 99 percent of the time they make power....but they actually dont seem to agree with the honda's....and I mean time and time and time again we have tried to dial in K&N filters in on honda's like 900rr's 929rr's and so on and so forth, but they just dont seem to agree....I would recomend (if you still have the OEM filter), pitch the K&N and replace with OEM...reload your map and let her buck...I would bet this will drop out the problem...the main issue is, that the K&N tends to exaggerate power drop from peak output when combined with exhaust and other mods...normally these dips are not noticable and are actually just normal from baseline to increase peak output, if that makes any sense....in any case my
I have heard of the KN causeing problems cause it happend on my r1, but that was carb'ed. I didnt rejet so I went back to OENM and it worked fine. What about BMC filter?
Old 06-12-2005, 04:07 AM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck trying to fix that, my 929 did the same thing, I'v read tons of other people's also with the same problem, the only thing that seemed to help was to turn the idle up a little bit, and sprockets, then you never even notice it.

i also tried everything, new map, custom map, stock filter (kn sucks), messing with the flaps....ect
Old 06-12-2005, 04:55 AM
I Love To Post!

i have the flaps removed with the airbox mod... I had the idle at 1800 and just lowered it to 1400.

I plan on going +5 -2