Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 PM

stunt this is an unknown quantity at this point
ok ok wats wrong

besides i suck

my bike is a zx-6 a 2001
it has full d&d exaust
k&n filter
jet kit and a bunch of exterior bs that dont matter

now in order to get the front to raise i have to be at about 8k and rev and dump. Is this normal?? I mean by that time im hit revlimiter to keep it up..

I have sprockets i need to put on i went down in the front 1 and up 2 in the back.. Is it just me not practicing enough or is it this bike??
Old 06-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: ok ok wats wrong

Originally Posted by Kawi Kid
besides i suck

my bike is a zx-6 a 2001
it has full d&d exaust
k&n filter

now in order to get the front to raise i have to be at about 8k and rev and dump. Is this normal?? I mean by that time im hit revlimiter to keep it up..

I have sprockets i need to put on i went down in the front 1 and up 2 in the back.. Is it just me not practicing enough or is it this bike??
Practice more.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:58 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

first gear?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:30 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Kawi Kid
besides i suck

my bike is a zx-6 a 2001
it has full d&d exaust
k&n filter

Could be a lot of stuff. First...I assume your bike is running ok? Well, then...

Are you leaning forewards? Sometimes people lean into the wheelie...basically they tuck-in when it starts coming up. That can keep the front down. Are you letting the clutch out fast enough? Don't slip it out, dump it like a woman you caught cheating.

Since we have *fairly similar bikes, here's what I do in 1st to snap mine up DAMN quick... Roll about 15 mph, start accelerating with just a tiny bit more throttle. About the time I hit 20-25 mph, I pull in the clutch just enough to get the RPM's to climb. At the same time I slip my clutch in, I roll on my gas hard to about 1/2 a turn, and drop the clutch. As soon as it snaps up I have to roll off the gas to keep from doing a backflip, and then feather the throttle to keep it up. With practice, this method is a sure fire way to get your nose pointed skyward. be safe and have fun
Old 06-09-2005, 04:05 AM

ImStoopid is an unknown quantity at this point

heres what you do. come to a compelete stop. then pull in the clutch lever. next, pin the throttle until you hear it bouncin. ok then your set, let that clutch lever out, and i mean flick that ***** out there. oh yea and cover the rear break, you dont want to loop it now!! and then for like styling and lookin like a crazy moto-cycle rider you hum jingle bells as you do all that and its like BLAM!!! *****es be like BLAM!!! cops be like BLAM!! and everyones like BLAM!!!!

I AM BORED AND ITS 1 AM GOODBYE.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:02 AM

^ Don't forget to add that HE'D be like BLAM!!! if he did that. Some people actually will try that sh*t.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:27 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lotensin22
^ Don't forget to add that HE'D be like BLAM!!! if he did that. Some people actually will try that sh*t.
Not really, I had my hand on my front brake lever slowing down and tried doing a sit down from a stop, accidentally pinned the throttle and dumped the clutch, the bike didn't even hit BP. It came up fast but I set it down easy.

On the F2...
Old 06-09-2005, 08:47 AM

^ yeah...on an f2. Do that on my Gixxer (or any newer bike for that matter) and you'll be waking up in the ICU. My bike can come up so fast it's like a time warp if I'm not careful, and I've been riding the same bike for 3 years.

Edit:: In fact, I watched a guy on an '02 F4i flip the bike out from under him. Literally, he moved about an inch and just stood there. The bike, however, did a backflip and landed top-side down. From a dead stop.