scraping tail

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:06 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point
scraping tail

GSXR600-1+14 No bar

Im trying to ride them consistently slow and scrape but not sure how to go about it.
Do you..
Ride a slow wheelie then just throttle back more and more then scrape while riding the brake or atleast covering it??

Or

Ride a slow wheelie then pull the clutch in and let it fall back to scrape while covering/ using the brake??

Im guessing its better to be rolling around 10-15mph so that when you scrape the bike doesn't bog and fall. Is the goal to first touch and roll back into BP, so that the bike doesn't fall on you??
alex
Old 06-07-2005, 08:21 PM

Shawn_PBZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: scraping tail

just keep on the brake at all times, come back and touch it and then use the brake to keep it from smashin your tail or sub-frame. do it at 15-20 mph at first see how it feels, then you can do slower stuff when you feel more comfortable, you'll be wanting a bar before you know it
Old 06-07-2005, 09:04 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Originally Posted by Shawn_PBZ
just keep on the brake at all times, come back and touch it and then use the brake to keep it from smashin your tail or sub-frame. do it at 15-20 mph at first see how it feels, then you can do slower stuff when you feel more comfortable, you'll be wanting a bar before you know it
Nice!!
So do you pull in the clutch at all?? Or just throttle it back like a regular slow wheelie then push it more and more till scrape occurs?

Thanks again for the quick reply
Old 06-07-2005, 11:29 PM

Shawn_PBZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 287ridah
Nice!!
So do you pull in the clutch at all?? Or just throttle it back like a regular slow wheelie then push it more and more till scrape occurs?

Thanks again for the quick reply
I usually just come off the gas alittle, and scrape and apply the brake. But the only time I really pull the clutch in is when I am doing coasters
Old 06-08-2005, 12:10 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

i wud do a slwo wheelie then pull the clutch in and jsut let the bike drop, when it hits tap the brake and come off it...this willprevent teh bike from stalling...i personaly think its way easier this way...and u dont hafta be smooth with the throttle either
Old 06-08-2005, 12:33 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

get it up on the idle and jus ease off the brake a lil till it scrapes then give a lil more brake n go... no clutch
Old 06-08-2005, 12:36 AM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

ive done it twice now....i ride a wheelie at about 15 for 15 feet and let it fall back and dont catch the brake fast enough...then the bike falls down and goes boom and you tape the tail light back on. Thats my method.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:10 AM

f4stunna is a decent person

just becarefull when you do it for the first time if your not comfortable doing slow stuff yet. if you pull in the clutch while still on the brake at all the front end will slam down. just take it slow and get comfortable enough with just slow stuff in general so that you can hit it and not crash or brake anything.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:22 AM

gage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4stunna
just becarefull when you do it for the first time if your not comfortable doing slow stuff yet. if you pull in the clutch while still on the brake at all the front end will slam down. just take it slow and get comfortable enough with just slow stuff in general so that you can hit it and not crash or brake anything.
First time I tried it, I came down so hard, I broke the head light without even crashing. Make sure you get lots of brake control without scraping or you are going to freak out and mouse trap. I wasn't using my clutch at all, but I was on a Buell. Don't know how much different it will be for you on yours... these are torquey bastards, and I was only going 10 to 15 mph.

good luck.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:14 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by crazytexan
ive done it twice now....i ride a wheelie at about 15 for 15 feet and let it fall back and dont catch the brake fast enough...then the bike falls down and goes boom and you tape the tail light back on. Thats my method.
You could get all the advice in the world on stunting, but it doesnt mean anything if your not prepared to wreck yourself and your bike. Crazytexan knows whats up, just try it.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Thanks for all the replies fellas !!!
My plan is to concentrate on rolling them slow as possible with this gearing then continue trying to scrape. The other night, after an hour of practicing slow stuff, I rocked a sitdown so far back my thoughts were I would crash and scrape for sure, but the brake finally caught up and brought me back to earth. Damn the brake is a beautiful thing.
I'll post progress.
alex

Sprocketz: I got them bolt cutters. what's up.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:39 PM

gage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 287ridah
Thanks for all the replies fellas !!!
My plan is to concentrate on rolling them slow as possible with this gearing then continue trying to scrape. The other night, after an hour of practicing slow stuff, I rocked a sitdown so far back my thoughts were I would crash and scrape for sure, but the brake finally caught up and brought me back to earth. Damn the brake is a beautiful thing.
I'll post progress.
alex

Sprocketz: I got them bolt cutters. what's up.
If you are going slow, I would also recommend that you let some of the air our of your back tire at first. It really helps.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by aw0n0
You could get all the advice in the world on stunting, but it doesnt mean anything if your not prepared to wreck yourself and your bike. Crazytexan knows whats up, just try it.
for sure be prepared to crash and brake ****, im just saying theres a difference between taking your time and actually trying to learn what your doing and just nailing the throttle and slaming on the bar, braking your subframe and being all proud of the fact that you scraped but now you cant ride cuase your bikes broke and theres still the fact that you have no brake control at all
Old 06-10-2005, 12:06 PM

Elmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aw0n0
You could get all the advice in the world on stunting, but it doesnt mean anything if your not prepared to wreck yourself and your bike.

so true, well said..