Endo Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:58 AM

cutter is a decent person
Endo Help Please

I am only geting about 40 feet then the damn bike starts turning to the right what do i do to correct this?

also when i try a 180 degree endo i only go half way then i get a high side what am i doing wrong?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough
Re: Endo Help Please

take your hands off the handlebars
Old 06-06-2005, 01:33 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Check the road your on... If the road is not level for the most part it will cause the rear to start coming around.

2. Make sure both of your arms are stiff, I never lock mine out but I have equal pressure on each.

Try those things first.

Do you have a steering damper?

180s

180s take time, you'll get there, the first 90 degrees are the hardest. it will come soon, don't rush it.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by KungFu954
1. Check the road your on... If the road is not level for the most part it will cause the rear to start coming around.

2. Make sure both of your arms are stiff, I never lock mine out but I have equal pressure on each.

Try those things first.

Do you have a steering damper?

180s

180s take time, you'll get there, the first 90 degrees are the hardest. it will come soon, don't rush it.
Yes i have a scotts damper plus the stock one at the bottom
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

does the stock one really do anything? Looks pretty cheasy
Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 PM

Quicksta da RR is an unknown quantity at this point

over kill, thats prob why it wont turn all the way. But wtf do I know!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Flsean1978 is a decent person

Originally Posted by CBRskunk
take your hands off the handlebars
lol you're going to have someone take you seriously some day and think that their dampner is going to help
Old 06-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I get that problem too when I try for long stoppies. I'd like to learn the 180 too
Old 06-07-2005, 08:54 AM

I ask a for help & only get one good reply wtf any way thanks kung fu 954
Old 06-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Flsean1978 is a decent person

I'd help but the time I tried to do one, I low sided...you don't want my help on this one...
Old 06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by cutter
I am only geting about 40 feet then the damn bike starts turning to the right what do i do to correct this?

also when i try a 180 degree endo i only go half way then i get a high side what am i doing wrong?
try pushing on the right clip-on when u feel the bike starting to turn. u will have to learn to steer these while keeping the tail in line first. the higher the bike, the easier it is to steer. it takes alot of shoulder and arm input to figure endo's out Cutter. as far as the 180's go... once the tail starts to swing out, u gotta counter steer it around and then click the rear brake to get that last little bit. be sure not to get these too high at first or it will dump u when u hit the brake... good luck man and stay on it, endo's are the hardest trick to learn and most respected once mastered
Old 06-07-2005, 11:30 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Flsean1978
lol you're going to have someone take you seriously some day and think that their dampner is going to help
we all have to learn somehow...
Old 06-07-2005, 12:16 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by cutter
I ask a for help & only get one good reply wtf any way thanks kung fu 954
ok, i am going to try to help, but it would take me three pages to type everything about stoppies!

First of all its ALL about body position! you need to have your arms almost straight, creating an A ao to speak between the bars and your arms with you head over it! Then you need to work on height, cause the higher a stoppie is, the easier it is to steer and therefore the easier it is to keep straight. To do this, you need to learn to shift your shoulders. Say the bike is going out to the right, you need to shift your shoulders off the the right as well, trying to keep the tail of the bike "behind you" so to speek. You'll feel what im talkin about when you start to catch them right!

also, some pressure on the right clipon will help. You are going to drift right while this is going on, dont worry about that, you'll learn to control where they go later. HAHAH on a side note, me and jeremy from East Coast extreemes were playing a game in SC to see who could slolom cones in a stoppie, that was a great exercise in control, it taught me some stuff!

anyways, in summing up, first work on body position, remember, arms almost straight, create the A frame for stability, shift shoulders and put weight on bars in direction tail starts to kick, if you don;t catch it right away its too late! lol

also, one more thing that helps you go straight is looking out ahead of yourself
pick a point about 500 feet or more directly in front of you and look at that point, it will help you go straight

here is a pic from last weekend from the two up comp at Pyschofest, you can see that i am streering slightly to the left. notice the arm position and body position, id like to be looking out more, but it was really hard to look out with someone behind you and also this is the last 20 feet of the roll. It went 304' two-up!

good luck with them bro, you have to practice them over and over and over and well you get the point, don't get discouragaed, I promise they will come eventually! one day you will be like, "HEY I GOT THIS!" haha also please wear gear, stoppies are VERY dangerous! ok, im done now, GO DO IT bro!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	me bomber high stoppie 80%.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	140286  

Last edited by John LegionST; 06-07-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:14 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn that Jonnylegion keeps impressing me! Seriously, I have'nt read a bad post by him ever. Props and high marks.

I like what you said about keeping the rear tire behind you,,, Icouldn't possibly explain it better myself.

Cutter, thanks for the props. If you have a scotts, try dialing the low speed dial up when you first start with these. I don't think it will make the biggest difference ever but it really gives me piece of mind when I go for really long ones or 180s. Especially when I get to about 1/3 of the way into the 180 I start to counter steer just a little bit and the bars feel much more solid. I used to do long stoppies on a Buell X1 and man if you ever want to get used to headshake while on an endo try it on one of those things, lol.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:50 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

thanks bro, i appreciate the props

listen to kungfu about the damper! i run a toby about 5 clicks out from full stiff and run about 20 psi in the front tire. The lower pressure will help eliminate wobble and will make them safer! definately do that!

also i forgot to mention this, big props to Blonde Bomber for being a GREAT passenger rider for that comp! i know some of you think there is nuthin to being a passenger, but i have had some girls on back that i can barely RIDE let alone roll 300 feet on a stoppie with!!! she did great! thanks melissa!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by john LegionST
ok, i am going to try to help, but it would take me three pages to type everything about stoppies!

First of all its ALL about body position! you need to have your arms almost straight, creating an A ao to speak between the bars and your arms with you head over it! Then you need to work on height, cause the higher a stoppie is, the easier it is to steer and therefore the easier it is to keep straight. To do this, you need to learn to shift your shoulders. Say the bike is going out to the right, you need to shift your shoulders off the the right as well, trying to keep the tail of the bike "behind you" so to speek. You'll feel what im talkin about when you start to catch them right!

also, some pressure on the right clipon will help. You are going to drift right while this is going on, dont worry about that, you'll learn to control where they go later. HAHAH on a side note, me and jeremy from East Coast extreemes were playing a game in SC to see who could slolom cones in a stoppie, that was a great exercise in control, it taught me some stuff!

anyways, in summing up, first work on body position, remember, arms almost straight, create the A frame for stability, shift shoulders and put weight on bars in direction tail starts to kick, if you don;t catch it right away its too late! lol

also, one more thing that helps you go straight is looking out ahead of yourself
pick a point about 500 feet or more directly in front of you and look at that point, it will help you go straight

here is a pic from last weekend from the two up comp at Pyschofest, you can see that i am streering slightly to the left. notice the arm position and body position, id like to be looking out more, but it was really hard to look out with someone behind you and also this is the last 20 feet of the roll. It went 304' two-up!

good luck with them bro, you have to practice them over and over and over and well you get the point, don't get discouragaed, I promise they will come eventually! one day you will be like, "HEY I GOT THIS!" haha also please wear gear, stoppies are VERY dangerous! ok, im done now, GO DO IT bro!

Thank's bro also what's a clip on? i am in Jamaica don't know much of your slang lol
Old 06-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Oh my god a guy lets you ride his bike then takes all the credit from what you do on it. That was me rolling 305 with Bommer on the back. PFFFTTTT...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy-of-Tandomsstoppy11.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	140539  
Old 06-08-2005, 11:25 AM

kirk newcomer is a decent person

ha, i knew it
Old 06-08-2005, 11:40 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

But for real I think that's the only contest John entered that he didn't wreck in.

Baahhhaaaa...

He won most wrecks and still riding contest last weekend.

I'll see you at the Star Boyz John this time when your riding my camera will be on you the whole time. Gotta get the wrecks on tape MANG!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Schwartz
But for real I think that's the only contest John entered that he didn't wreck in.

Baahhhaaaa...

He won most wrecks and still riding contest last weekend.

I'll see you at the Star Boyz John this time when your riding my camera will be on you the whole time. Gotta get the wrecks on tape MANG!!!!!!

all you guys do is hate, how will the sport get bigger & better if u all hate so f**cking much. thanks for helping me out john you were showing me a point who care's who is on the f**cking bike

Quick Reply: Endo Help Please