stuntex oil pickup??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 02:28 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stuntex oil pickup??

Originally Posted by f4rider
Of course their bike will run smoother if the oil pickup is sucking oil instead of air. As long as the engine is getting oil, it doesn't make any difference what shape the oil pickup is. Any owners' reviews beyond that is probably all in their head. A guy that puts several grand into his bike will probably say that it feels faster even if it actually isn't.

And no i don't have the oil pickup. I don't need one if i keep the bike off the 12 bar. With that said, if i had a gixxer, i would absolutely buy one. From what i've seen, their oil lights come on when a wheelie is anywhere near the balance point.

Me buying an oil pickup for my bike would be kinda like wearing a condom while jacking off.
IM NOT TRYING TO GET YOU BUY ONE, IM STATING THE FACTS: YOU ONLY KNOW HOW THE BIKE RUNS WITHOUT ONE, HOW COULD YOU COMPARE IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE OPTION?
Old 05-15-2005, 02:48 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Well let me state some facts. My oil never comes on (i don't do bar tricks), meaning it's getting oil. With an extanded oil pickup, the oil light would never come on. Hmmm, no difference. It's getting the same amount of oil either way.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by MIKE_SR
It's simple......If you want one and are worried...then get one. If not then don't. I don't have one in my motor, but that doesn't mean anyone else isn't going to need one
That doesn't mean you don't need one. If the engine's not getting oil, you're damaging it whether you're worried about it or not.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:16 PM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

well, all i know is that my light never came on....period and still doesn't, so i'm not worried
Old 05-15-2005, 05:00 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

The stuntex.com oil pickup is well worth the money. I dont' even like picking my new bike up right now because I don't have one.

I've rocked them since the first design, and I can tell you that's more important than a cage to me. Ridden 2 F4i's with them, and of course my own gixxers with and without them. Bike runs much smoother, and I dont' worry about throwing it back for long periods of time. Sometimes we would be on the back wheel for 5-10 min without putting it down, so it was definetly worth it.
Put it to you like this, when your oil light comes on in your car, don't you take it seriously. Now think about it in a high performance motor, Get the picture

PS over filling the oil helps until it fills your airbox, down and hydrolocks your motor, lol. Wait till that happens, you'll have a great time blowing rings.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:29 PM

simple fix...... check valve on the pcv tube. works every time....and i guess if I was doing 50-70 mph stand ups i would worry about oil starvation, but my bike hardly ever leaves the parking lot. maybe when my motor does finally go, then I'll get one.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:31 PM

well, all i know is that my light never came on....period and still doesn't, so i'm not worried
Oh, well never mind then.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:16 AM

Well let me state some facts. My oil never comes on (i don't do bar tricks), meaning it's getting oil. With an extanded oil pickup, the oil light would never come on. Hmmm, no difference. It's getting the same amount of oil either way.
NO, IT IS NOT ALWAYS GETTING THE SAME AMOUNT OF OIL. THE MORE VERTICAL THE BIKE THE LESS OIL IT IS GETTING, EVEN IF ITS ENOUGH TO KEEP THE LIGHT OFF. IT IS NOT AN EXTENDED PICKUP, THAT IS THE GSXR MODEL, IT IS A GATE TO KEEP OIL IN THE PAN AND NOT THE BACK OF THE CRANKCASE. STAY IN SCHOOL.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:54 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

When you have overfilled the motor, the crank and g-box will foam the oil, so there is lot of foamy oil at top of the liquid oil. Pick-up sucks this foam and can probably make oilpressure, and the engine gets some lubrication. but it's not as good as totally liquid state oil. Probably at low revs & low power the engine will survive with this foam. but at high engine speed&high power highway stuff it's gonna blow.

Jake
Old 05-16-2005, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
NO, IT IS NOT ALWAYS GETTING THE SAME AMOUNT OF OIL. THE MORE VERTICAL THE BIKE THE LESS OIL IT IS GETTING, EVEN IF ITS ENOUGH TO KEEP THE LIGHT OFF. IT IS NOT AN EXTENDED PICKUP, THAT IS THE GSXR MODEL, IT IS A GATE TO KEEP OIL IN THE PAN AND NOT THE BACK OF THE CRANKCASE. STAY IN SCHOOL.
Aight, lets see some proof that the oil circulation system will go through more oil with that baffel. Because the way i see it, whatever it is, it won't change the volume of oil the oil pump gets as long as the oil pickup is under the oil level either way. The volume is determined by the oil pump, not by how far the oil pickup is under the oil level.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:19 AM

icecreamgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I put a stuntex oil pickup in my 03 GSXR-1k last weekend. It seems to work good, lot smoother on long wheelies. But the oil light comes on during EVERY stoppie no matter how long.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:03 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

im not a motorcycle mecanic but im a automotive tech and one of the first things ive learned was that light is not called a oil light its called a idiot light when it comes on its to late..... i dubt any one here runs a actual oil psi guage so who really knows if you loose psi when up in a wheelie and the lights not on.................for a couple bux im intalling it anyways, matter fact we just did my friends and im not sure if it was done right i have mine waiting to go in also but i need advice before i tear mine down so if you can help click the link below

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=126393
Old 05-16-2005, 12:36 PM

Aight, lets see some proof that the oil circulation system will go through more oil with that baffel. Because the way i see it, whatever it is, it won't change the volume of oil the oil pump gets as long as the oil pickup is under the oil level either way. The volume is determined by the oil pump, not by how far the oil pickup is under the oil level.
HOWEVER YOU THINK IT WORKS, COOL. I JUST HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST ON HERE.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:36 PM

this thread has turned into a pissing contest, if you want one just f'n buy it!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:02 PM

Flamed04R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread has turned into a pissing contest, if you want one just f'n buy it!
Mike_SR
Old 05-16-2005, 02:39 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve
Exclamation Re: stuntex oil pickup??

how about enough of drama and crying bullshit

need some facts!that's all I wanted in first place... c how it works? why is it better?what disadvantages it has?
so how about lets talk about that??!!!

Art
Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 PM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

They're too busy still playing the **** game...
Old 05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt even know this thread went to this.. lol. Look, there is no point in arguing over whether it is needed or not. If you want to make sure your bike is getting oil, get it. If you like to change motors, dont get it. The gixxers will blow up. It is all how you ride it. If you have a big sprocket and are working on high rpm engine braking highchair and spreader scrapes, you will see why it needs an oil pickup real quick. If all you do is lot riding and never go above 5K rpms, you probably wont blow an engine up that fast. It still doesnt get oil, but it is the RPMs that kill it. In the lot, you will notice the bike doesnt sound like a tractor and you will notice that it runs smoother. period.

On the F4i, you dont have to have it. If you are into bar tricks, you need it. I like mine alot.. and have been able to do stuff that you cant do on a stock bike and I dont have a bar. I noticed my oil light does come on on fast circles on the f4i, but not after the sump modification. I'm not going to say its safe, but I kill revlimiter coasters. 600-800 ft off the limiter the whole time. I dont do it every time, but I do have a slight addiction to the limiter. But whatever.. It *does* make a difference and has quite a few benifits. But you dont have to have it. It's up to you. Stop arguing over it.

The f4i is a cheater bike as it is, add the pickup and it runs so smooth that it is basically unstallable. You can be a brake jockey all you want.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:12 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lb3
I didnt even know this thread went to this.. lol. Look, there is no point in arguing over whether it is needed or not. If you want to make sure your bike is getting oil, get it. If you like to change motors, dont get it. The gixxers will blow up. It is all how you ride it. If you have a big sprocket and are working on high rpm engine braking highchair and spreader scrapes, you will see why it needs an oil pickup real quick. If all you do is lot riding and never go above 5K rpms, you probably wont blow an engine up that fast. It still doesnt get oil, but it is the RPMs that kill it. In the lot, you will notice the bike doesnt sound like a tractor and you will notice that it runs smoother. period.

On the F4i, you dont have to have it. If you are into bar tricks, you need it. I like mine alot.. and have been able to do stuff that you cant do on a stock bike and I dont have a bar. I noticed my oil light does come on on fast circles on the f4i, but not after the sump modification. I'm not going to say its safe, but I kill revlimiter coasters. 600-800 ft off the limiter the whole time. I dont do it every time, but I do have a slight addiction to the limiter. But whatever.. It *does* make a difference and has quite a few benifits. But you dont have to have it. It's up to you. Stop arguing over it.

The f4i is a cheater bike as it is, add the pickup and it runs so smooth that it is basically unstallable. You can be a brake jockey all you want.
I would get it just to make my bike smoother on one wheel...i guess people just don't care about there bikes.

And for those who say they don't need it and blow up there bikes..please post up about it so we can all laugh at you
Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

it would be pretty slick if somone could put a glass window on a oil pan and run it on the bar jus to see the pick up submerged in oil........and then show it without the baffle trying to suck slashing oil and air

Quick Reply: stuntex oil pickup??