endo's drifting

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:13 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
endo's drifting

Hey guys well i am finally rolling endo's and i have been haveing the problem of the rear end drifting to one side well i am up in the endo... i don't mind it when i am go to endo to a complete stop but when i wanna set it down at speed it kinda sucks cuz it jerks back in hard... Oh and one other thing sometimes when i am up and rolling i get a head shake out of the front end... and the bars start to wobble almost like a tank slapper??? lemme know whats up
Old 03-05-2003, 11:20 PM

INEED$$$ is an unknown quantity at this point
My .02 would be to make sure you are lockin the elbows to try and keep the bike straight. As for the head shake it happens.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:37 PM

Swayz is an unknown quantity at this point
yooo congrats Lance rolling endo's are hard to learn but once learned you are rewarded greatly , the wobble may be that , also a dampner helps out a lot I think but I wanna see what the big dogs think I am not sure I dont have a dampner , and it also depends on how far you wanna roll dem endos
Old 03-06-2003, 06:06 PM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool LANCE...

I'm having the same issue w/the drift. When coming to a stop I could care less although it's a bit of a pain w/the roll-back afterwards, but on the rollers when they get way out there I have just been bringing them all the way to like 10mph so as to "cushion" the jerk when landing the bike out of shape.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:07 PM

Black_ops_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hay Lance, cool on the stoppie thing, I need help as well. We need to meet up and practice sometime man.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:05 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Shifting your body weight around and keeping your head up during the endo helps to steer it straight. As far as headshake, Get A Dampner!! You won't regret it.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
The correct term is "steering damper" not "steering dampner" or "steering dampener". They help out lots, get a scotts, crank it up and roll that ****.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Regular StuntLifer

dsj2 is an unknown quantity at this point
try this

Get a damper for the headshake.

The rear wheel drifting sideways is a result of the rear wheel spinnning that causes centrifugal force in the direction of the drift. Some things you can do here is crank up your damper, make sure the rear wheel is in line with the front wheel when you go to bring it up (no steering inputs), bring the rear wheel as high as you can QUICKLY, countersteer with your body weight to the opposite side of the drift, lock your elbows, keep your head up, and even try hitting the rear brake. These have helped me.

If you are already rolling endos fairly well, try using the drift in the last 15 m.p.h. or so to turn the bike. Lean in the opposite direction of the drift, but steer slightly towards the drift. If you do this however, you must stay with the turn until you brake to a stop. If you go into a turn on just the front wheel and bail, you will get tossed. Good luck.

Dave
Old 03-13-2003, 04:43 AM

DUKE2 is an unknown quantity at this point
My Cagiva has a single disc. I have done millions of stoppies on the thing. Eventually the forks twisted in the yokes due to all the force being taken up by one of the fork legs only. You most likely have a twin disc setup so this won't solve your problem. But for those who havn't. (not many)

Check your front bearings cuz if you do lots of whellies they are likely to be ****ed, they will have play in them which might make you drift. My mate had the same problem but he put new bearings in and it was ok after that so give it a try it might work!
Old 03-13-2003, 01:19 PM

Exclamation DUKE...

GOOD CALL ON THE BEARINGS...

Last edited by melampus; 03-21-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:51 PM

CrazyCramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Also squeeze the tank with your legs along with keeping your elbows locked. Check your steering head nuts also. Make sure they're nice and tight. I'm not saying this is your problem. It's just a precautionary measure. Mine come loose every now and then.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:54 PM

t-pole is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys,

Well, I went out today and did like 60 stoppies. I bet 55 of em drifted to the right.

I even tried it in the left lane cause I thought it was the crown of the road, but that didn't help either.

I tried to counter steer, shift weight, everything, couldn't straighten it.

Any more ideas would be great.

I'm starting to think once it kicks out, you're done, no bringing it back. So how the hell can I keep em straight all the time????? More pratice I guess.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:37 PM

Black_ops_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
One major thing to watch for is that the bike is strait upon lifting the rear. You can't tell if you are leaning right or left at first until the bike is starting to ride that way. Another is cupping of the front tire. This can make for a shifty ride. Something as small as your forks not being level with eachother can cause this problem. That is my
Old 04-11-2003, 11:23 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough
Simple in theroy but a little harder in practice. If the bike is leaning or drifting to the right you push on the right bar. Don't over think it because it's as simple as that. Stoppies gotta be high to correct the drift but is it as simple as pushing on the side that the rear end is going.

BLAA BLAA BLAAA

SCHWARTZ SHUT UP!

Oh sorry guys just my .02 cents
Be safe!
Old 04-12-2003, 02:12 PM

Arrow SCHWARTZ...

And your are greatly appreciated. That is my biggest challenge currently. I consistently drift my stoppies out wide, and have to bring them to nearly a stop so as to not go high-side upon re-entry. Everybody thinks I'm doing it, but I'm just along for the ride. Now I have another prospective to attack with then just "steer with your shoulders" which in essence is what you still are doing by over-weighting a clip-on, but just looking at it in a different light. Kudos to our moderator!