custom GSXR build .......

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
custom GSXR build .......

ok ok ..... 2002 gsxr 750. Can you swap a 2004 gsxr 750 motor in without too much work? Anyone tried this yet? Do they make brackets? We're putting this bike together as a show bike for the upcoming show, and we don't want to have to cut the frame up (powder coated real nice) ........ what's the deal????
Old 05-11-2005, 10:17 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person
Re: custom GSXR build .......

A guy around here has a 2004 600 motor in a 2002 600 frame. They had to make spacers for the motor mounts and move a bunch of wiring under the seat. I dunno if that helps you.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:19 PM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DNF
A guy around here has a 2004 600 motor in a 2002 600 frame. They had to make spacers for the motor mounts and move a bunch of wiring under the seat. I dunno if that helps you.
hmm. I dont really care about the wiring ..... I just wanna know if they will bolt up .... just spacers huh? .........................................

still a big ????????
Old 05-12-2005, 09:56 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I did the swap hes talkin about for my friend, It fits right in but 2 bolts dont line up. The one on the right is like 5mm off so we machined a new offset spacer, one of the left side bolts is off vertiacally and horizontal so we just left it out for now. Havent had any problems and the motor isnt shifting.

Besides that we had to modify the 04 airbox to fit the 02 frame, and all the wiring had to go where it wasnt supposed to. Most of it got rerouted under the seat and in the trunk.

1 of the most important things is if you get the 04 motor and wiring is you have to get an 04 ignition switch, they look identical but the 02 will not work with the 04 harness.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:31 PM

I have a complete 04 750 setup and a complete 02 750 setup, so i have everything that I will need. I was just wondering if it would work. Think the 600 you guys did would be a whole lo different?? How hard would it be to machine me on e of those spacers??? or at least get a picture ........... thanks for the info though
Old 05-12-2005, 12:37 PM

750 should be the exact same as the 600 we did

The spacer is simple stock is a cylinder with a lip with a 10mm hole in the center, the one you make is exactly the same but the hole is offset by about 5mm from the center.

Theres other little things like mounting the guages and rewiring the gas tank and taillights.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:49 PM

well i have gauges, a computer, full harness, ect ect .... im just wondering of it's worth it or not ..... I dont want it to be all frankensteined up .... I dont mind making a spacer or 2 but I want everything to run mint ..... did gauges mount right?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:38 PM

Worth it? well for my friend it was his 02 had 60,000Km on it and spun a rod bearing. At least 1000$ to rebuild it and It would still have 60K on it..........or a 04 600 motor complete with 160 Miles for 750$ and I "frankenstein" it for free

"I dont want it to be all frankensteined up"

Then dont do it! Its not a direct bolt in and there are lots of little mods that need to be done. Nothing mounts where its supposed to and anyone that owns a GSXR will notice theres something funny about it.

The 04 600 motor is way better than the 02 and it runs perfect the way I set it up. Just dont ever expect anyone but me to understand whats going on with the bike, a mechanic will take one look at it and say "what the ****".
You dont even know how many people would tell me its not possible

Wanna sell the 750 motor kit?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:59 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i thought about doing it, but theres just too much to do.

and the 600 & 750 have the same frame for all years.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

will a 04 750 motor fit in a 04 600 frame?
Old 05-18-2005, 09:45 PM

kidstunta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mofat01
will a 04 750 motor fit in a 04 600 frame?
Ive heard that they both have the exact same frame. Maybe thats just for 2005. Hell, maybe I dont know what im talking about
Old 05-18-2005, 10:12 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by MEACHAM
hmm. I dont really care about the wiring ..... I just wanna know if they will bolt up .... just spacers huh? .........................................

still a big ????????

There it is in the flesh.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	done.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	137805  
Old 02-09-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Theres other little things like mounting the guages and rewiring the gas tank and taillights.
BRINGNING this thread back. we finally got around to finishing this damn project. everything is painted, powdercoated, installed, ect ect ect .....

BUT it wont start. The gauges have the FI light flashing. In your post you say, "rewire the gas tank" ..... meaning???

everything from the 2004 gsxr 750 is in this bike. We used the o4 fuel pump, handle bar switches, gauges, computer, engine, wire harness, ect ect ect .... so whats the problem? The motor cranks and cranks, but won't fire up. I chekc the tip over switch, all the plugs are plugged in, got plenty of gas .......?? any ideas
Old 02-09-2007, 04:44 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Did you make sure the tip over sensor is installed in the correct position? A friend of mine did one and had the wrong pump, but you said you did that already. Does the fuel pump prime when turning the key on? Is it a fuel or a spark problem? Check the fuses?
Old 02-09-2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
Did you make sure the tip over sensor is installed in the correct position? A friend of mine did one and had the wrong pump, but you said you did that already. Does the fuel pump prime when turning the key on? Is it a fuel or a spark problem? Check the fuses?
yeah did all that stuff. I think its the fuel pump, cause it sounds like it TRIES to prime, but it doesn't make the FULL sound it usually does. not sure what it could be though. I tried 3 different fuel pumps, and it does that with all of them. I checked all the fuses, connections, ect ect .. it seems like its definitely the fuel pump or whatever triggers it .......... any more ideas?
Old 02-09-2007, 04:57 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

It could be in the computer.... had a bad power commander before that would prime the pump, had fire but no fuel. Also the gixxer's will sometimes just turn over and not start if the idle is set real high or too low. try priming the fuel pump continuesly 5 times or so and then cranking it. no luck, check for spark and pull a plug and check to see the condition
Old 02-09-2007, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
It could be in the computer.... had a bad power commander before that would prime the pump, had fire but no fuel. Also the gixxer's will sometimes just turn over and not start if the idle is set real high or too low. try priming the fuel pump continuesly 5 times or so and then cranking it. no luck, check for spark and pull a plug and check to see the condition
the bike is already all together, so im definitely not trying to pull plugs out.

the motor came from a PERFECT 04 750 that I RAN MYSELF, nad then we parted it out. I took everything to make it run from this ONE bike. everything is exactly how it should be (almost aparently) .... There is no idle adjuster, except for the main one on the throttle bodies which wasnt changed from when it ran before. **** is wack.

it OBVIOUSLY has something to do with the fuel/fuel pump, because it isn't priming like it's supposed to. It doesn't make any kind of sound at all when you hit the switch.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 PM

J-cheezy is a decent person

ive had that problem before in my 01 and in my 04 and it was a wire in my ignition switch on both bikes
Old 02-10-2007, 02:56 AM

charkly is a decent person

HEY MEACHAM-its the ignition-you NEED the 04-05 ignition, everything works, but no fuel pump or spark!
yes, the 00-03 plugs right in, but it IS DIFFERENT!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:19 AM

charkly is a decent person

I just finished the swap in an 01 750, came out great, I had to trim the **** out of the airbox, change the fuel pump plug, and the headers from the 02 seemed a bit tight-slotted one front motor mount (left side) but the right was off 1/2" or more-I just left that one out (put a nut/bolt to mount the cage) Tell you what-it REALLY makes that older bike move.....I had the same issue as you-I used the 04 switches (lights, kill switch) but saw the ignition plugged right in, so I figured Id try to keep the one off of my 01.....no spark, it'd crank all day, and no fuel pump. I thought the pump was coming on, but that noise is just the electronic secondaries on the 04 engine. Changed the ignition, it fired right up and ran great! the 01 gauges will work, but the backlighting doesn't work, and the fuel light stays on. Those are my observations. I'm sure you won't need any other help, but in case you do, get my number from your buddies in florida-

Mike