idle cable on f4i

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:55 AM

kirk newcomer is a decent person
idle cable on f4i

so my idle wouldn't turn down last night, and the whole damn thing screwed out. the cable , spring were in my hands. i have the bike torn down and cnat see wehre it goes. anyone know?????????
Old 05-07-2005, 10:54 AM

J.P. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: idle cable on f4i

HA HA. You gota remove the tank, the air box lid, air filter, throttle bodies (I think thats what there called, 4 cylinder looking things), air box pan, then the fuel rail, then each carburetor type thingie that might be the throttle bodies. The idle screw goes under those pulley cables on the left side of the bike the clutch side. You will see a hole that’s threaded with a flap over it. The screw moves that flap up and down which controls the idle.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:48 AM

cedz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: idle cable on f4i

Originally Posted by J.P.
The idle screw goes under those pulley cables on the left side of the bike the clutch side. You will see a hole that’s threaded with a flap over it. The screw moves that flap up and down which controls the idle.
obviously you already know where your idle speed screw is, seeing as you said it doesn't go 'down'. does your idle drop when you turn your bars full left or full right? if not, check your throttle position. if that still doesn't solve the problem, then it sounds like a sensor problem. damn fuel injection. check out your air/fuel mix screw while you're down there messin' w/ your idle. if you're not gettin' enough fuel, your idle will rise substantially. or you can just say f*ck it and rock the high idle. roll those scrapes, boy!!!!!