Can someone help me find the license age for streetbikes in Philly PA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 09:13 PM

CantW84License is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone help me find the license age for streetbikes in Philly PA?

I can't find out how old you gotta be to get a motorcycle license...help please?
Old 05-05-2005, 12:48 AM

KawiTaran is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can someone help me find the license age for streetbikes in Philly PA?

I assume its 16 like in a ton of other states. It should just be an endorsement on your drivers license.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

16... Go to the DMV with a current vehicle license. Say "I need a motorcycle permit" They ask you for your drivers license, hand you a paper. You fill it out, and they give you your permit. It's that easy. All you need is a drivers license. At this point, you can either sign up for the MSC (I suggest it) and get your license after completing the course. OR, you can wait a year... not be able to ride at night, or take passengers, and then get it. I'd suggest the MSC because you get an insurance break, and your license. Your DMV will also have another safety class that they offer which will also drop your insurance greatly.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:54 PM

..jk.. is an unknown quantity at this point

16 but I do belive you will need a parent or gaurdian with you beeing your under 18 .
Old 05-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/contact_us/index.shtml
Old 05-05-2005, 11:00 PM

CantW84License is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
16... Go to the DMV with a current vehicle license. Say "I need a motorcycle permit" They ask you for your drivers license, hand you a paper. You fill it out, and they give you your permit. It's that easy. All you need is a drivers license. At this point, you can either sign up for the MSC (I suggest it) and get your license after completing the course. OR, you can wait a year... not be able to ride at night, or take passengers, and then get it. I'd suggest the MSC because you get an insurance break, and your license. Your DMV will also have another safety class that they offer which will also drop your insurance greatly.
I think they raised the license age to 17 in philly. I'm not sure, and my computer sucks and keeps crashing so I can't find the info online. If you get time can you double check the age for a license in philly and let me know what that means for me and a license for MC's
Old 05-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Directly from the DMV:

Can a young driver get a motorcycle license (as opposed to an automobile/passenger vehicle license) without having to hold the permit for six months or complete 50 hours of adult-supervised on- road experience?

No. The six-month waiting period and the 50 hours of skill-building practice still apply. Please note that the six-months/50 hours of skill building are required for each type of permit a young driver acquires, even if he or she has already met those requirements for another type of permit.

You have to have your permit for at least 6 months... then get your drivers license. Then you can get your motorcycle PERMIT. Don't worry... You'll get it soon enough. until then, get a dirt bike or a quad and mess around on that. I would suggest gettin a 50. They're fun and good learning tools!