wheelie newbee

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:37 PM

OCStarz is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelie newbee

Alright guys... Im just another guy trying to learn to wheelie ... I was reading up on some of the threads and i ride a 05 R6 and i can wheelie it in first gear... but i dont know what im doing wrong on second gear .... ill go about 30 mph on second gear.... pull the clutch in .... rev about 5-6 G pop the clutch and bike wont come up on ... but on first gear it shoots up fine..... what am i doing wrong on second gear..... ?? what should i rev it up too.... Im not sure anymore..... Thanks in advance guys....
Old 05-04-2005, 12:46 PM

Gixxer_Jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: wheelie newbee

It all depends on if your standing or sitting.. I know on my gix 6, if im sitting down I have to be at about 45-50 mph, and I have to rev to like 11 grand to get it up. but if your standing up you might have to give a little bounce. your just gonna have to play around with it, and find the right combination.

hope this helps..
Old 05-04-2005, 03:24 PM

thanks for the reply jake .....I do them sitting.... but ill try to go up a lil higher on the rpm.... see if that changes anything.... it just feels like it doesn't have enought torque to come up on second.... anyone experience that ???
Old 05-04-2005, 04:02 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OCStarz
thanks for the reply jake .....I do them sitting.... but ill try to go up a lil higher on the rpm.... see if that changes anything.... it just feels like it doesn't have enought torque to come up on second.... anyone experience that ???

youre bike will come up real easy in second, lean back and clutch it higher.

but you should check out the help & how to forum. do a search and you will get all the info you need.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 PM

Gixxer_Jake is an unknown quantity at this point

it took me a while to get the sit down going.. before I got my technique down, I would actually get it to about 50, then I would do the ol drop and pull with the throttle, and on the rebound of doing that, I would clutch at the same time.. and alot of the times, it would pop right up. I havent ridden an R6 in a couple years, but if I remember correctly, those will come up in 2nd pretty easy.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:33 PM

i think i just need to lean back a bit .... because i think im ridding the front too close...... Im sure thats what the problem is... ill let you guys know what happens when i try it again...
Old 05-04-2005, 06:57 PM

Jon PBR is an unknown quantity at this point

Stand up...
Old 05-04-2005, 11:03 PM

20blks is an unknown quantity at this point

Just keep on practing. Less clutch and more throttle. One quick snap.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:23 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

don't watch your RPM's.....listen to your motor...when you know the sound where its time to pull it, a quick blip on the clutch and it should be up. I have a buddy who could rock a stock 99 R6 for miles in second gear....and my 03 600RR did the same....but does do it easier with gearing now, its only slightly geared though, -1, +21
Old 05-05-2005, 01:56 AM

Stuntin6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm riding an 05 r6 too. Can get it up fine in first sitting down or standing up. I'm still working on second but it sounds like you aren't reving it up high enough. I'm still in the proccess of getting 2nd gear wheelies down, but I've been practicing every day and can get the front end up about 1 1/2 ft or so but just don't have enough juice I think. This is going about 30-40 mph. I figure if I rev it up a little higher and give it a little bounce it should come right up. Hope some of that helps, Good Luck!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:19 AM

illstuntar6 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got an 01 r6 and that **** comes up real easy. im usually goin about 40 when i do it, pull the clutch half way while revving to about 12/13 and pop the clutch. i could be leaning over the front when i do it and it would still come up. you just gotta make sure that your rear spring is somewhat compressed when you start your clutching(ie accelerate steadily up to desired mph and clutch real quick) if your cruising at 40 for a while before you do it you have to rev the **** out of it to get it to come up. btw im on stock gearing. my buddies got an 05 too and its just as easy, if not easier/smoother. remember to take it slow. you get ahead of yourself and youll loop that **** quick
Old 05-05-2005, 07:45 AM

OCCMUSTANG is an unknown quantity at this point

from the sound of it you guys are reving the bike too much and just sitting there expecting the bike to come up and when it doesnt you figure you need to give it even more gas All the bike needs is a good bounce to compress the forks and pull the clutch in on the way down of the bounce gas it and by the time you let the clutch out the front end is on its way up and if you do it right you'll have it There is already a long post explaining wheelies i rock 2nd and 3rd gear wheelies on my 04 R6 once you have your timing perfected you barely have to gas it to get the wheel up

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/72156-complete-guide-learning-basic.html
Old 05-05-2005, 08:39 AM

XChris1632X is an unknown quantity at this point

instead of just reving it so high try just going a little bit faster and doing it. i rode my buddys 05 gsxr 6 yesterday and for sit downs in second they felt really nice downshifting and just being at like 10 grand and blipin the clutch. just go about 55 or 60 and try it. i find it more prectable like that also.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:14 AM

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, are you trying these with a full tank of gas?

My gix 750 comes up easier after its down towards half a tank.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:35 PM

Stuntin6 is an unknown quantity at this point

So what we should practice is getting the timing of the bounce down while clutching and it should help alot. I'll try it out, and see how that works.