First stunt bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 06:59 AM

Lennartcok is an unknown quantity at this point
First stunt bike

Hi,
In a while I'm going to buy my first stunt bike. I'm 16right now and I was wondering what is a good bike to start with? I'm also going to be learning slow wheelies nd stuff. I'm thinking about buying a Honda CBR600 or a CBR900 from idunno 1993 or something, which one would be best? Or do you guys have any other suggestions?

Tnx anyway
Old 04-23-2005, 07:04 AM

Hendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: First stunt bike

Get a 600, you'll find it easier to handle and control power wise (both stunt-wise and general riding wise) and the Honda 600s in particular are quite stable for wheelies and stoppies.

Put a cage, bar and dampner on a Honda 600 and wheelie and stoppie till it hurts!

Have fun!

Hendo

PS. I wish i'd chosen either a honda 600 or 900 as my first stunt bike!
Old 04-23-2005, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Hendo
Get a 600, you'll find it easier to handle and control power wise (both stunt-wise and general riding wise) and the Honda 600s in particular are quite stable for wheelies and stoppies.

Put a cage, bar and dampner on a Honda 600 and wheelie and stoppie till it hurts!

Have fun!

Hendo

PS. I wish i'd chosen either a honda 600 or 900 as my first stunt bike!
Yo mean that the R1 lyin' there on the ground is your bike you decided to stunt with? poor you.

Ps: Is the clutch handeling difficult? whats the best gear to wheelie (slow)
Old 04-23-2005, 10:19 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

1 st gear, clutch is easy to figure out def a honda 600 a f3,f4, or f4i wud be perfect
Old 04-23-2005, 11:19 AM

miker_dh is an unknown quantity at this point

I'am 17 I also got the same problem wanna get a 2002-2003 honda f4i or a 2002-2003 gsxr600, you dont really need anything bigger then a 600cc bike for a starter bike.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are just starting out, I highly suggest not dropping a lot of money on one of these beautiful elusive f4i's. Pick up an f2 or f3, and run it to the ground learning, then pick up an f4i or gsxr and you dont need more than a six for anything
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
If you are just starting out, I highly suggest not dropping a lot of money on one of these beautiful elusive f4i's. Pick up an f2 or f3, and run it to the ground learning, then pick up an f4i or gsxr and you dont need more than a six for anything
I wont put down to much cash, probebly gonna be like 1500 for a used CBR600 '93, if I need some help with the stunts I'll ask you guys
Old 04-23-2005, 12:34 PM

SBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 99 900rr all stunted out, 11 up, dirt bars, 12 bar, crash cage. im trying to sell it, perfect first bike (my first bike). in my opinion its better than a 600 to start off with because the 900 can bring the wheel back up if the front end starts to drop. with a 6hundo you have to just know where to balance it, its hard to save it from going down. but at the same time i want to get a 600, thats why im sellin the 9 double err.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by SBstunter
i got a 99 900rr all stunted out, 11 up, dirt bars, 12 bar, crash cage. im trying to sell it, perfect first bike (my first bike). in my opinion its better than a 600 to start off with because the 900 can bring the wheel back up if the front end starts to drop. with a 6hundo you have to just know where to balance it, its hard to save it from going down. but at the same time i want to get a 600, thats why im sellin the 9 double err.
But if doin slow wheelies, that shouldn't be to much of a problem right? I mean you got plenty of throttle left to get the front back up, or am i wrong?
Old 04-23-2005, 03:01 PM

SBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

all i ment was that when learning how to use the back brake your going to be choppy at first and a bigger motor will bring it back up if you start to go down. 600 just dont have the low end. im not saying it would be better to get a 900+ its just easier to learn in my opinion. if you get a six i would go crazy on the gears. (14 up 2 down) once you get it down and ride other peoples bikes youll see what i mean. good luck with the bike hunt
Old 04-23-2005, 03:22 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SBstunter
600 just dont have the low end. im not saying it would be better to get a 900+ its just easier to learn in my opinion. if you get a six i would go crazy on the gears. (14 up 2 down) once you get it down and ride other peoples bikes youll see what i mean. good luck with the bike hunt
If you gear a 600 2 down the way you said the throttle will be touchy like a motherf#cker
Old 04-23-2005, 03:48 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

this threads sucks ... why are you gonna ask someone else what to get when youre gonna be riding it .. do some research, read around , watch some videos and then figure it out goood ... i know exactly what i want and i didnt ask nobody on this site on what i should get
i dont get these ppl that put up these threads
Old 04-23-2005, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
this threads sucks ... why are you gonna ask someone else what to get when youre gonna be riding it .. do some research, read around , watch some videos and then figure it out goood ... i know exactly what i want and i didnt ask nobody on this site on what i should get
i dont get these ppl that put up these threads
Chill dude, just wanted to get some other stunters opinion man
Old 04-23-2005, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by CBRskunk
If you gear a 600 2 down the way you said the throttle will be touchy like a motherf#cker
Ok listen, I understand some English, I'm from belgium but what do you guys mean with 14 up 2 down, gear a 600 2 down... I can no longer follow. could you guys explain a bit cause right now that's like chinese to me , asside from that, I don't think the rear brake is going to be a problem I do it all the time with my bike (I know its not the same, but it helps. I can go all the way back, brake, and then continue the wheelie. The last 3months I havent done anything else then this in my spare time, really hope I'll get somewhere.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:46 AM

Hendo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from Australia so i have trouble understanding these Americans too! LOL

When people are saying "down 2 up 11" and what not they are referring to the sprockets they are running and how far from the stock sprockets they are. Usually written with the front sprocket first and rear second.

For example. My R6 (the one in the photo......yeah, i know, bad bike to learn to stunt with?) was down 2 up 7. (2 teeth smaller on the front sprocket, 7 teeth larger on the rear sprocket than stock)

My gixxer thou which i only got cause i got a cheap deal on it is down 3 up 4. Eg, 3 teeth smaller on the front and 4 larger on the rear (by the way, it's hella touchy but **** loads of fun!!!)

Hope i helped ya!

Hendo

PS. I do my slow stuff in first gear, and hit the highway in the rest
Old 04-24-2005, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Hendo
I'm from Australia so i have trouble understanding these Americans too! LOL

When people are saying "down 2 up 11" and what not they are referring to the sprockets they are running and how far from the stock sprockets they are. Usually written with the front sprocket first and rear second.

For example. My R6 (the one in the photo......yeah, i know, bad bike to learn to stunt with?) was down 2 up 7. (2 teeth smaller on the front sprocket, 7 teeth larger on the rear sprocket than stock)

My gixxer thou which i only got cause i got a cheap deal on it is down 3 up 4. Eg, 3 teeth smaller on the front and 4 larger on the rear (by the way, it's hella touchy but **** loads of fun!!!)

Hope i helped ya!

Hendo

PS. I do my slow stuff in first gear, and hit the highway in the rest
Oooh, Yeah I get it, yeah true, I'll justput a big one op on it and i'll have it easy enough to keep the front end up. Tnx man.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:05 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lennartcok
Oooh, Yeah I get it, yeah true, I'll justput a big one op on it and i'll have it easy enough to keep the front end up. Tnx man.
good idea. gearing down your front is for when you get more experienced, i would go up in back and if anything only go down 1 on front, anything more and you'll be a fruit loop
Old 04-24-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by CBRskunk
good idea. gearing down your front is for when you get more experienced, i would go up in back and if anything only go down 1 on front, anything more and you'll be a fruit loop

, anyway, the bike is still being considered. it's only till july that I can have him, before that I have examens and you know parents , offers are comin' from all over the place. Now I'm doubting again
I've got a '98 Kawasaki ZX-9r, or a Honda CBR600
Old 04-24-2005, 09:13 PM

poulsen is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, I've got a basic stunt question and the guys on this thread seem to be helpful so I'll just add to this thread rather than starting a new one.

I just recently moved up to a gixxer 600 from a ninja 250. I can do some pretty good wheelies on the ninja but I'd like some advice with pulling wheelies on the gixxer because I just got back from my first stunt session and I didn't do as well as I thought I would. I'm taking it really slow on the gixxer because: 1. I love that bike and don't want to scratch it and 2. I just got a ticket on it last week, so if I get caught doing a wheelie then my parents will probably sell my bike.

I practiced in first gear but I'd like to know about what speed to go and at what rpm I should to drop the clutch at. I don't want to come up too fast just yet, I'm just looking for a nice parking lot wheelie to start out with. thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 09:23 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lennartcok
Hi,
In a while I'm going to buy my first stunt bike. I'm 16right now and I was wondering what is a good bike to start with? I'm also going to be learning slow wheelies nd stuff. I'm thinking about buying a Honda CBR600 or a CBR900 from idunno 1993 or something, which one would be best? Or do you guys have any other suggestions?

Tnx anyway
if you are going to get a bike that old get the 900 but you should really get a bike for real cheap becausethe 12s will murder your first bike i mean it will be trashed beond repair

Quick Reply: First stunt bike