First stunt bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 02:20 PM

Lennartcok is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: First stunt bike

Originally Posted by hyperryder
if you are going to get a bike that old get the 900 but you should really get a bike for real cheap becausethe 12s will murder your first bike i mean it will be trashed beond repair
What would you pay for a 1992 CBR900 (Fireblade)
Old 04-28-2005, 03:35 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say get the 900 if you trust yourself
Old 04-30-2005, 01:14 AM

odin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
if you are going to get a bike that old get the 900 but you should really get a bike for real cheap becausethe 12s will murder your first bike i mean it will be trashed beond repair
why will it be trashed??..because of the carburator or crashing you mean? reason im asking is i just got a 900 and i dont want to break it too much
Old 04-30-2005, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by odin
why will it be trashed??..because of the carburator or crashing you mean? reason im asking is i just got a 900 and i dont want to break it too much
What do you mean by the carburator? Because the bike is going to be vertical? or am I going to have to change alot of stuff?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:07 AM

odin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lennartcok
What do you mean by the carburator? Because the bike is going to be vertical? or am I going to have to change alot of stuff?
i too am not good at english because of the flooding i mean
Old 04-30-2005, 11:16 AM

NYgsxr1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would help you but i got a big 99 900rr as my first stunt bike and dropped it my first day trying.........damn this bike is going to be fun!!!!!!!!!!

It all depends on your learning curve,if you pick up on stuff quick you can get whatever bike you want as long as it is ugly b/c it will spend a lot of time on the ground!!!!!!!!

p.s. be safe out there
Old 05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

seriously, either way you look at it, almost any bike out there can be stunted. Its possible to do everything out there on a Katana, but it is just easier with a bike more inclined to wheelie. Honestly, I dont think anyone should ride anything other than a 600 as their first bike. If you havent ever ridden streetbikes, you have no need for a liter bike, even if you arent stunting. Now, a geared 900 wouldnt be a bad first bike, but I would still go for a six for the following reasons:
-They are a little lighter
-They dont have as much power, which could be looked at as a bad thing, but if you arent able to keep the front end up without the extra power, you need more practice, and having a bike that wont loop at the first accidental throttle blip is definately a good thing.
-They are completely capable bikes.
-They are easier to throw around and manuever
Now, this isnt to say that a 900rr isnt a great bike, but the smootheness in the throttle of a 600 is seriously one of the best things for a new rider. Little mistakes you make on a 600 you can usually correct with the rear brake, small throttle blips on a bigger motored bike can put you on your a$$.
I have ridden the old school f series bikes, and I can tell you that they arent bad bikes, I wouldnt mind having one in the garage to ride from time to time.
Now as far as gearing goes, yes gearing the bike up helps to go slower, but I think the best way to learn how to wheelie good is to learn decent wheelies stock geared. After you get the hang of rear brake control, then gear the bike up, somewhere like 15 up in the rear for a six hundo.
Riding bicycles is a great tool to help with rear brake, knowing how on a bicycle helps get the idea of it in your head, but adjusting to it being your foot that controls it is a whole new game.
As far as clutching up stock geared wheelies goes, I learned by putting the idle at 3500, just to help smooth out the throttle, then riding to about 3000-4000 rpms, and clutching up. This allows you to have a bit of engine brake, but the idle helps make the bike less twitchy. It also takes most possibility of the rear tire spinning out of the equation since your not going from a dead stop.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
seriously...
After hearing this, it's for sure it's gonna be a 600, so thanks to all !!!