Burnouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 04:18 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
Burnouts

This may sound kinda dumb, but whats good technique to doing a burnout on my f4i. I know its all about manipulating the clutch/throttle/brake, but does anyone have any pointers. or could tell me the easiest way to do it.

I'm just nervous the bike is gonna fly out from under me.

Should I sit on seat or stand with feet on ground and *** of seat?

RPM's......?
Shifting....?

Last edited by Rich-NY; 03-02-2003 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:59 PM

J.P. is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an F4i and can do burnouts or doughnuts with no clutch at all, with an all stock bike except for frame sliders. Learning them at first is a rush, front wheel locks up, coming close to droping your bike, afraid bike is going to shoot out from under you, etc. But the way I do it is roll at about 10 MPH grab the front brake with just my middle finger (my buddies use two fingers) and give it about half throttle in first gear and keep it in first Just remember once your rear wheel is spinning you only need very little front brake to roll. And I also always stand up when I start the burning. Watch out for gravel and oil stains on the ground front wheel may slip out. All my buddies learned on 1000's so I had a hard time learing them thinking i could not, but I finnaly got them down in a parking lot with really slick asphault, and after that I could do them anywhere (ive even gotten them down in third at 10 mph, so your bike diffenitly has the power) . Also remember to cover the clutch incase you need to stop really quick (almost lost my bike when learning cause couldnt reach for the clutch in time but i got it). And also remember do not feather the clutch, ive seen two guys on brand new bikes burn out their clutchs because they kept slipping it through out the burn out. Once you can roll straight it wont be long before you start doing doughnuts. Have Fun

Last edited by J.P.; 03-03-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:59 PM

TLRmikeC is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf
Old 03-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
J.P. s' tips are dead on,if you follow his advice you should have no problems
Old 03-11-2003, 05:08 PM

Ron S. is an unknown quantity at this point
Burnie...

I like to bring the motor up to about 5-6000 rpm's, feet flat on ground crotch against tank first gear, then push down on the front end with a quick thrust and as you are pushing down pop the clutch, round we go!
To practice your timing put some sand or something on the ground ( not under your feet!).
G/L
Old 03-19-2003, 07:41 AM

nakato is an unknown quantity at this point
HI STUNT DUDES...I just would like to ask you a question and this may sound funny to you all..as you all are riding big bikes ...but at the moment my law here allows us to ride small bikes onli(sadZ to say) bUT I AM VERY INTERESTED in stunting.....any idea all do i go abt in burnouts????

Lets say i am riding a 150cc SP repsol?

i guess this brand may sound funny but its the law here......
Old 03-28-2003, 08:24 AM

tach409 is an unknown quantity at this point
for standing burnouts i just stand both feet on the ground...grab the front brake with 2 fingers, tach it up to about 5-6 by rolling the throttle with yer thumb and palm and let the clutch out slow till it grabs then release it use yer legs to keep the bike straight and when you feel fulfilled just grab the clutch and let off the gas at the same time...and finally let off the brake...clean pavement is a good idea too you don't want the front tire shooting out sideways from under you...bout any sportbike will do a burnout on the clean...and don't worry about shifting...first gear get's plenty of smoke