Drilling the triple

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:15 AM

onsighter514d is an unknown quantity at this point
Drilling the triple

Im going to drill two holes in my triple clamp and bolt a piece of aluminum to it to mount my gauges. Any one else do this? Any tips? Thanks. Also, is it illegal to ride without a speedometer? What kind of ticket would I be lookin at? I cant wait to ride again. Havent been on a bike since I looped back in January! I'm psyched!!!!! :YEAH
Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 AM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Drilling the triple

I'm guessing your fairing-stay is shot? what are you using for an upper fairing? I had an 02 R6 and my stay cracked so I went to Home Depot and bought a strip of aluminum with holes in it and bent it so one end fit the back of the gauges and the other end fit up against the inside part of the MX fairing. I drilled two holes through the fairing and just zip tied that end and screwed the other end to the gauges. make sense? It held up fine even after some good spills. NOTE: you can bend the strips to get the angle you want.

Originally Posted by onsighter514d
Also, is it illegal to ride without a speedometer?
my brother rides on the streets without any gauges and hasn't received any violations...but's that in NJ
Old 04-17-2005, 01:16 PM

onsighter514d is an unknown quantity at this point

The fairing stay is shot to ****! Its streetfightered now. Thats why im mounting my gauges to the triple. That way they dont stick out over the acrebis front end, and they'll turn with the handlebars.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:26 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by onsighter514d
Im going to drill two holes in my triple clamp and bolt a piece of aluminum to it to mount my gauges. Any one else do this? Any tips? Thanks. Also, is it illegal to ride without a speedometer? What kind of ticket would I be lookin at? I cant wait to ride again. Havent been on a bike since I looped back in January! I'm psyched!!!!! :YEAH
I've got my F2 with MX bars, cage, and 12 bar. No guage cluster. I haven't gotten harrassed by the police yet. There aren't many cops in Highlands Ranch but I think you're in centennial and there's a ton there so I don't think it's worth taking a chance.