need help with walking a R6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:30 PM

R6Rider20 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help with walking a R6?

I can get it up in 1st and 2nd with ease, but i can't hold it up. 1st is too jumpy for me; and 2nd feels real smooth but i can't keep it up. Got any pointers for me?
Old 04-15-2005, 03:43 PM

stuntn247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need help with walking a R6?

post it in the right section to start then you might get some replys,
Old 04-15-2005, 04:47 PM

RojerLockless is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn you beat me too it lol

Old 04-15-2005, 11:06 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

gear that shi7 at least -1, +7...at least. lower your rear tire pressure to 12 psi, raise your idle to 3rpm and roll slow(about 5mph), with your index finger pull clutch lever in just enough to disengage the clutch and give it some throttle while slippin the clutch. the 'key' it to get the front up quick, past balance point...I repeat...up quick past balance point!!! if you don't you'll just pick up speed chasing the front and hit some whobbles. your fairing stay will brake off and change out your subframe bolts to some stronger ones. If you don't have rear brake control get yourself a fiddy or quad and practice brake control on those first...if possible. Oh, slap a cage on your shi7. I had a 905 on mine and it worked great!!! as for the 'jumpy first gear'...get it up high and work the throttle/brake. you'll get it...just practice and then practice some more

hope this helps...l8r
Old 04-15-2005, 11:10 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuntn247
post it in the right section to start then you might get some replys,
Why isn't this the right section?

You could slip the clutch like that but your better off getting a handbrake.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:37 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r6_kidd
gear that shi7 at least -1, +7...at least. lower your rear tire pressure to 12 psi, raise your idle to 3rpm and roll slow(about 5mph), with your index finger pull clutch lever in just enough to disengage the clutch and give it some throttle while slippin the clutch. the 'key' it to get the front up quick, past balance point...I repeat...up quick past balance point!!! if you don't you'll just pick up speed chasing the front and hit some whobbles. your fairing stay will brake off and change out your subframe bolts to some stronger ones. If you don't have rear brake control get yourself a fiddy or quad and practice brake control on those first...if possible. Oh, slap a cage on your shi7. I had a 905 on mine and it worked great!!! as for the 'jumpy first gear'...get it up high and work the throttle/brake. you'll get it...just practice and then practice some more

hope this helps...l8r
Uh... ok? Why would you wanna go PAST BP? So he can loop and mess up his bike? Hes got 1 post and is learning wheelies... who you tryin to get hurt?

You just gotta get to Balance point. If you can bring them up and not for long your obviously not in Balance point. Clutch it up just under BP and use the power of the bike to bring it into BP (balance point) Once your in BP you can ride wheelies for miles if you can keep it there.

When you first start learning to wheelie you think your WAY higher up in the wheelie then you actually are. Try to get some video footage to see how high up you are. You dont need to gear it if you can bring it up. Gearing is for slow wheelies any stock R6 should be able to do wheelies no problem.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Uh... ok? Why would you wanna go PAST BP? So he can loop and mess up his bike? Hes got 1 post and is learning wheelies... who you tryin to get hurt?
don't try to be a tough guy. I NEVER POST SHI7 UP TO HURT ANYBODY...NEVER!!! I went by his post...'need help with WALKING a R6'.
that's how I learned so I shared some tips with him. that's it!!! He's free to take my advise or yours. Oh, and don't try to get into a keyboard fight with me instead pm me a location of your choice and I'll show you 'who you tryin to get hurt'....fu(k'n @sshole. damn, there's always a di(k in the bunch.

I'm out...
Old 04-17-2005, 04:38 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r6_kidd
don't try to be a tough guy. I NEVER POST SHI7 UP TO HURT ANYBODY...NEVER!!! I went by his post...'need help with WALKING a R6'.
that's how I learned so I shared some tips with him. that's it!!! He's free to take my advise or yours. Oh, and don't try to get into a keyboard fight with me instead pm me a location of your choice and I'll show you 'who you tryin to get hurt'....fu(k'n @sshole. damn, there's always a di(k in the bunch.

I'm out...

i know whatcha mean..

No offense to anybody, but if you ain't walking your bikes like he's asking about, then...nobody should say anything
Old 04-17-2005, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
i know whatcha mean..

No offense to anybody, but if you ain't walking your bikes like he's asking about, then...nobody should say anything
that's just the shi7, I had an R6 and was 'walking' that *****! so I shared my knowledge. hence the beauty of a message board

look, I'm by far...really far...a pro but if I've been doing a stunt for a while and it works for me, I don't mind posting 'how I got to that point'.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:25 PM

Hey man i wasnt tryin to start a fight, but your tellin a guy that seems to have not even learned BP yet to clutch the wheelie up PAST BP and catch it with the rear brake. I cant even do that yet, and i shared my knowledge on how i learned as well.

I wasnt at all knockin your riding knowledge in any way i was just stating that telling a guy to clutch a wheelie past BP when he hasnt even learned BP yet is an accident waiting to happen.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:13 PM

Arctic Attack is an unknown quantity at this point

take your time use you brake you will get it, slow **** is all brake but you do need to snap them up fast
Old 04-17-2005, 10:00 PM

the02goat is an unknown quantity at this point

ya'll need to stop trashing my boy's thread, HE NEEDS HELP. First of all I ride with this cat and I have been trying to tell him to start out in first beacuse you can go only so fast and it will hurt a lot less if the big LOOP happens. I ride a 04 GSX-R750 and I can rock wheelies for over 300 yds and i know that my 1st gear is a lot more twitchy than his, but he will not listen to me . so steve you know i got to put it on blast r6.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Regular StuntLifer

R6VP is an unknown quantity at this point

Clutch it, clutch it, clutch it.... Wether your in 1st or 2nd, the bike will come up no problem.. Mine does. Clutch it up, once you got it up high enough, let the power of the bike take you the rest of the way, I Personally would not go past BP at all, (IMO).. Easy on the throttle and COVER THAT BRAKE!!!!!!!
I would reccomend taking pics or video on your progress. Friends can tell you all day how high you are, but you need to see it for yourself...

Good Luck, take your time, and be safe....
Old 04-17-2005, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by R6VP
Clutch it, clutch it, clutch it.... Wether your in 1st or 2nd, the bike will come up no problem.. Mine does. Clutch it up, once you got it up high enough, let the power of the bike take you the rest of the way, I Personally would not go past BP at all, (IMO).. Easy on the throttle and COVER THAT BRAKE!!!!!!!
I would reccomend taking pics or video on your progress. Friends can tell you all day how high you are, but you need to see it for yourself...

Good Luck, take your time, and be safe....

Exactly what he said

And your friend is tellin you right by doin them in 1st gear, thats what i learned in Twitchy or not get used to it because 1st is twitchy and it'll teach you throttle control way faster then the nice smoothe 2nd gear. CLUTCH is the key. Dont be in such a rush let it come to you, people learn at there own pace and if you rush it your goin to wreck.