My Bike SUCKS Help Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 PM

Dragnlikeapimp is an unknown quantity at this point
My Bike SUCKS Help Me

OK so I did a bunch of work to my bike this winter got it out last week finally and everything was working well. then i did a stoppie and the bike stalled. at first i thought maybe the fuel was low so i t was sucking air. not the case but other than doing stoppies it worked fine. well yesterday i went out riding and it was fine i started doing stoppies for about 45min straight and it was stalling every time and when i started it it would run funny for a few sec then it was fine. after that i went out cruising around town and after about 10min it started bucking on me. well at first it wasnt too bad but as i rode home it got real bad to the point where it would completely cut out the kick back in. when i got home i shut the key off real quick then turned it back on and started and rode it around my neighborhood for a min and it was fine i parked it for the night. well i went out on it today just to ride around and i was cruising down the road for about 20min then it started doing it again and again progressivly got worse. i pulled the tank off and checked everything and everything looked right. all the connections and lines were connected. i have no idea what it would be anyone else got ideas? oh ya its an 04 sv650.

thanks
bj
Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 PM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My Bike SUCKS Help Me

omg.. same ****in thing on my old '03 SV650S.. It started doing the exact same type of thing to me, and I did the exact same thing you did.... it went away after a day or two for me.. I think they're cursed. That was about all the explanation I could come up with.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:57 PM

lol ok man thanks im gonna put it back together and see what happens.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:03 PM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

well i have a gs500, not to say that it is the same or anything but when i laid my bike down awhile back it would die when i would stop fast and attempt stoppies, wasnt trying to stunt really at the time. Never started to die when just riding but i put some carb cleaner in the tank, the add to fuel kind and its stopped after that, i dont know if it was just time or if it was the carb cleaner but it worked. maybe that will work, who knows...
Old 04-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

my 99 zx6r did that, get a gauge and check your float bowl height, if its low it will stall during stoppies. they arent hard to adjust either. your carbs are your heart, keep them tuned and synced and you will run strong. take the main, pilot and pilot jets out and clean them, then clean the float valve, everything should move smoothly. check the slides make shure they open and close freely and smoothly, put it all back together, hook the sync stick up and sync them. there you just did a complete carb tune yourself, saved 200 bucks and your bike should run ****
Old 04-07-2005, 05:42 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Are we forgetting that the 03+ SV's are fuel injected?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:05 PM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I knew that the new sv's have f.i. but i thought i would put in alittle to try and help.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:42 AM

Rolla1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check the tip-over sensor and fuel pump... Maybe some wiring got loose? Make sure you have a full tank of gas too.

Tip over sensor's a good place to start.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:31 PM

thanks guys i found it it was **** in the tank clogged the fuel pick up were all good now
Old 04-08-2005, 06:44 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

your vid bjfinal still haunts me, i hate you for gettin so good so fast, i can even ride ALL winter here!
Old 04-09-2005, 11:50 AM

lol thanks man i actually rode most of the winter here too sadly. 20 to 30 degree weather sucks tho.