GSXR Won't Run Right @ A Constant RPM

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:37 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person
Arrow GSXR Won't Run Right @ A Constant RPM

I've been changing up some stuff on my bike over the last few days ... back tire, clip-ons, fork seals, etc. The only things I changed that would affect the motor is the plugs. So I changed the plugs and put the bike back together. But when I started it, it didn't run right ... like a plug wasn't firing. But when you twist the throttle is revs fine but when you hold the throttle at a constant speed it breaks up. When you rev the motor it is also dumping a lot of fuel out with the exhaust. I checked that the coils, plug caps, etc. where pushed all the way down. And I only pulled out one plug at a time so the wires are on the correct plugs. I even put the old plugs back in to see if that would help. I also made sure that the air box was completely seated on the throttle bodies. I ended up taking the bike to the shop yesterday becuase I need it fixed for next weekend. Has this happened to any of you guys? Or do any of you think what might be the problem? Thanx for your input.

Laterz, Rich

Oh yeah, my bike has a TRE. I took it off during the overhaul but put it back on after I was trying to get the bike running right again. The bike does the same thing even with the wires that the TRE plugs into are left unconnected.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:31 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person
Re: GSXR Won't Run Right @ A Constant RPM

[QUOTE=KrazyWhite Rich]I've been changing up some stuff on my bike over the last few days ... back tire, clip-ons, fork seals, etc. The only things I changed that would affect the motor is the plugs. So I changed the plugs and put the bike back together. But when I started it, it didn't run right ... like a plug wasn't firing. But when you twist the throttle is revs fine but when you hold the throttle at a constant speed it breaks up. When you rev the motor it is also dumping a lot of fuel out with the exhaust. I checked that the coils, plug caps, etc. where pushed all the way down. And I only pulled out one plug at a time so the wires are on the correct plugs. I even put the old plugs back in to see if that would help. I also made sure that the air box was completely seated on the throttle bodies. I ended up taking the bike to the shop yesterday becuase I need it fixed for next weekend. Has this happened to any of you guys? Or do any of you think what might be the problem? Thanx for your input.

Laterz, Rich

Oh yeah, my bike has a TRE. I took it off during the overhaul but put it back on after I was trying to get the bike running right again. The bike does the same thing even with the wires that the TRE plugs into are left unconnected.[/QU

I have seen the vacuum lines at the base of the throttle bodies come disconnected from the plastic t-fittings on occasion. Also, sometimes the vacuum line gets pulled off the map sensor or isn't re-connected when the airbox is removed, but that usually makes the FI light come on. The only other thing I can think of is the throttle position sensor. If it gets bumped the wrong way, the adjustment can be thrown off, and it will make your bike run rich, because the ecm thinks that the throttle is always wide open.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:08 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

Originally Posted by standy
I have seen the vacuum lines at the base of the throttle bodies come disconnected from the plastic t-fittings on occasion. Also, sometimes the vacuum line gets pulled off the map sensor or isn't re-connected when the airbox is removed, but that usually makes the FI light come on. The only other thing I can think of is the throttle position sensor. If it gets bumped the wrong way, the adjustment can be thrown off, and it will make your bike run rich, because the ecm thinks that the throttle is always wide open.
Where is the throttle postion sensor? Is it under the airbox?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

another thing to add on top of what standy said make sure you didnt kink the fuel line. I did it numorus times on my 750 and it had similar symptoms. I noticed that when the tank was up the bike ran fine but as soon as i dropped it it would hesitate and sputter in and out. Just another thing to check out
Old 04-04-2005, 05:38 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

Thumbs up Re: GSXR Won't Run Right @ A Constant RPM

Originally Posted by The ChaOs
another thing to add on top of what standy said make sure you didnt kink the fuel line. I did it numorus times on my 750 and it had similar symptoms. I noticed that when the tank was up the bike ran fine but as soon as i dropped it it would hesitate and sputter in and out. Just another thing to check out
i took the bike to dealer to fix. i don't have the time right now to mess with it. but thanks for the advice guys!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:38 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

Thumbs up Re: GSXR Won't Run Right @ A Constant RPM

This just in:

I talked to eddie1000 from Legion and he asked me if i hooked up the vacuum line to the MAP sensor. Guess what ... that is what is was. Keep on the lookout for hoses that are still disconnected when you put your bike back together. LOL To make a long stopry short, I picked up my bike yesterday and fixed it myself.

Big Ups to EDDIE1000!!!