Dual fans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:47 PM

900RR_UP_ON1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Dual fans?

I am thinking about getting 2 fans mounted on my radiator of my 94 900RR, because my bike tends to get hot here in Florida when your practicing or just in traffic. I want to know where to get fans that will fit on my radiator, or do i just need one? (i know if i just get one i will have to move the existing one over, but will they fit?) Any help would be appreciated. Im trying to fix the problem before it happens ... its not very hot here yet.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:11 PM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: Dual fans?

i can't help you much on the RR, but i know that i have a dual fan setup on my 03 gix 600 stunna and it works great!!! one works regular and the other is on a switch. I only use the second one when its needed so that i'm not constanly stressing my charging system.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:48 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john LegionST
i can't help you much on the RR, but i know that i have a dual fan setup on my 03 gix 600 stunna and it works great!!! one works regular and the other is on a switch. I only use the second one when its needed so that i'm not constanly stressing my charging system.

that's a really good idea. I am currently rocking ZERO fans on my bike. Kinda sucks...
Old 03-07-2005, 03:51 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak
that's a really good idea. I am currently rocking ZERO fans on my bike. Kinda sucks...
In NH in the winter you should be able to ride all day without a fan on.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:02 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
In NH in the winter you should be able to ride all day without a fan on.
true! Summers are still hot though. Last year I was sitting at a light, and shooting the **** with a buddy, not watchin the temp...next thing I know coolant is being sprayed all over my nice leather jacket...
Old 03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

I have 2 fans on my 929. just get another stock fan and have tabs welded on your radiator to hold the fan in place. I wired up my extra fan to be on all the time, then when it get's real hot the stock fan kicks in, works great and will make you motor last longer especially when doing burnouts.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:42 PM

900RR_UP_ON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john LegionST
I'll have to try that when i find out where to get them, thats a good idea. Anyone know where to get them and how much?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:45 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
I have 2 fans on my 929. just get another stock fan and have tabs welded on your radiator to hold the fan in place. I wired up my extra fan to be on all the time, then when it get's real hot the stock fan kicks in, works great and will make you motor last longer especially when doing burnouts.
i did the same thing..... just flipped the fan upside down... I run the second one off of a toggle, where I can flip it on or off whenever I would like.....

I used zipties to hold it in place though...... gotta have a zip tie or 2 somewhere on my bike I guess.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:46 PM

navyrydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 900RR_UP_ON1
I'll have to try that when i find out where to get them, thats a good idea. Anyone know where to get them and how much?
the easiest place i know to get them if u dont want to pay for a brand new one is ebay, u should be able to find one no problem.