Getting shit on lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:40 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Getting **** on lock

Whats up fellas--I'd like to hear some opinions on different methods of learning new parking lot stunts. It takes me about 10 tries on average when I try something new before I start getting the feel for the particular stunt. I also make it a point to do something different every time I stunt for diversity and progression---stepping up to a new level everytime.

Usually the first 5 shots I give a new trick look like garbage and feel uncomfortable--but get better and better. I started 12ing 3 months ago and Im working on 1-handers right now. I've attempted jumping into circles but I dont want to rush into something that technical too soon--however I at least attempt circles a few times in my sessions. What is everybody else's view on this? Later......
Old 03-05-2005, 05:51 PM

808stunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Getting **** on lock

I Try To Learn Somthing New Everytime I Go Out. And The Bet Way For Me To Get It Down On Lock I Guess Would Be To Just Keep Going Back And Forth Do In The Same Thing. Even If It Takes Me A Hundred Trys. And If I Dont Get It By Then I'll Try Again Next Time.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:55 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

i take my time with everything i learn..so sometimes ill spend my whole session on one stunt...
Old 03-05-2005, 05:58 PM

you should spend one session on the rear brake doodle.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:17 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

haha yeah, i keep trying a trick untill i get it down and if it takes me longer than 1 session i carry onto the next. i dont really like jumping into something new untill i have somethin else on lock because then you have a bunch of "half assed" learned stunts that your liable to attempt sometime and get to gutsy thinking youve got it down.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:38 PM

JimmyOOOOO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 808stunna
I Try To Learn Somthing New Everytime I Go Out. And The Bet Way For Me To Get It Down On Lock I Guess Would Be To Just Keep Going Back And Forth Do In The Same Thing. Even If It Takes Me A Hundred Trys. And If I Dont Get It By Then I'll Try Again Next Time.
I just noticed you capitalized the first letter in every word...
Old 03-05-2005, 06:38 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I've been thinking and maybe its better to just lock onto one trick all day until you get it down, then move on...hmmm...
Old 03-05-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyOOOOO
I just noticed you capitalized the first letter in every word...
wow thats weird
Old 03-05-2005, 07:22 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

he does that alot, i think hes in love with his shift key
Old 03-05-2005, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
he does that alot, i think hes in love with his shift key
haha. no not really. if you type everything in the quick relpy box at the bottom in capilals it will automaticly make everything but the first letter of every word lower case. its fun you should try it some time.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:50 PM

Wow Let Me Give This A Shot Here...i Wonder...lets See...this Is Fun! Haha
Old 03-05-2005, 08:14 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

the key is to try sumthing diffrent everytiem you go out. and not jsut ok ill do 12's and circles today. but ill do 12's and elevators. learn sumthing of a diffrent form. oo and u cant go out and try acouple circles everytime...lol you need to have atleast 2 new ccages already in ur garage for when u brake the firstone....you need prozak to control ur depressino after not getting them in a month and u need to practice all ur seesiion every session on them. thats wat i hear anyways and tahts wat i plan on doing in spring
Old 03-05-2005, 08:25 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
the key is to try sumthing diffrent everytiem you go out. and not jsut ok ill do 12's and circles today. but ill do 12's and elevators. learn sumthing of a diffrent form. oo and u cant go out and try acouple circles everytime...lol you need to have atleast 2 new ccages already in ur garage for when u brake the firstone....you need prozak to control ur depressino after not getting them in a month and u need to practice all ur seesiion every session on them. thats wat i hear anyways and tahts wat i plan on doing in spring

circles take a long time to learn. Every session i work on circles...stand up...sit down...seatstander...

That trick took me awhile to get 3-4 in a row.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:38 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I usually go out and work on one or two tricks the whole session. Then twice a week or so I go through every trick in the bag and practice each one a few times to keep them all fresh. I find if I dont do a particular trick for a while, it takes me alot more practice to get it back.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Well I haven't been really trying much..Just trying to lock bp in 1st standing up..Been trying spreaders though and working on my stoppies...
Old 03-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Regular StuntLifer

john john is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
I usually go out and work on one or two tricks the whole session. Then twice a week or so I go through every trick in the bag and practice each one a few times to keep them all fresh. I find if I dont do a particular trick for a while, it takes me alot more practice to get it back.
thats how i do it to work on it intill you have it on lock then try new ****
Old 03-06-2005, 02:59 PM

bahamaspete is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell, I must have been Trying to slow my wheelies down for too long then!!