My wheelies are gabage!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Regular StuntLifer

matdawg99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My wheelies are gabage!!! HELP!!!

rock the fiddy it will teach you the fundamentals!!!! its all about baby steps.... i recomend powering up first gear untill you get comfortable then once your used to that then incorporate the clutch..theres no point in rushing all you will end up doing is crashing sooner!! once you can rock at the bp it all down hill from there that is the base of all tricks my
Old 02-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Stay in 1st gear, thats what i learned to clutch wheelies at. Raising your idel isnt goin to help any if you cant clutch it to Balance point.

Getting over the fear just takes practice and gettin comfortable you gotta do all that on your own.

My suggestion is that since your in 1st theres no need to be staggered yet. Just do a normal standup on the pegs and every time you clutch it up hit the rear brake right away (even if your not near BP) for the first 20 wheelies or so. This will stick in your head to use the rear brake to slow yourself down instead of chopping the throttle (closing it then gettin back into it). I really dont like how people always insist ppl do power wheelies but hey if it works im not even goin to start a debate about that in here like usually happens.

35 MPH isnt a slow wheelie 10-15 MPH is a slow wheelie. To do those you have your idel set up at about 3-4k and you clutch it pretty hard then catch yourself in balance point with the rear brake (DONT DO THIS YET) since your inexperienced your just goin to seriously mess something up. I have my idel set at 2k and its done me fine with 1st gear standups which i have up to about a mile long now.

The switch to 2nd gear after you learn first is a cake walk. 2nd comes up exeremly smooth compared to first but with 2nd you have way less engine brake to save your *** incase you get to far behind BP.

I also believe that learning wheelies in 1st helps you learn great throttle control since the bike is so "twitchy" in first gear as apposed to 2nd.

And this is stuntlife.com not squidlife.com people need to stop saying "abandon the clutch and do power wheelies"

Yeah I like the idea of hitting the rear brake the first 20-30 wheelies. You'll get more comfortable with it and you'll need it to save your *** if you go over. Been there twice and still in pain.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:49 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

wow there is a lot of garbage advice goin around, all it takes is practice, if there is someone around you that is pretty good, learn from them, they are always lovin to show their skills, and have someone kiss their ***... i say keep clutching 1st, just be careful with it, and yes do staggared, for me it helps keep it from wobbling, and i find it easier to steer... yo quicksda rr, come ride with us, we'll teach you.. shoot me a PM
Old 02-26-2005, 11:54 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

What Novaman said. The only thing I'd add is that I found it helped to clutch it, stay on the gas at around 1/3 throttle or so, enough so that it's still coming up but not wicked fast, and then use the back brake everytime to bring it down but STAY ON THE GAS. When I did it like this I was able to get a feel for how much the brake would do and stuff. Once I stated letting off the brake knowing that I could catch it with the brake I progressed a lot.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:03 PM

truekaotik is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay in 1st gear, thats what i learned to clutch wheelies at. Raising your idel isnt goin to help any if you cant clutch it to Balance point.

Getting over the fear just takes practice and gettin comfortable you gotta do all that on your own.

My suggestion is that since your in 1st theres no need to be staggered yet. Just do a normal standup on the pegs and every time you clutch it up hit the rear brake right away (even if your not near BP) for the first 20 wheelies or so. This will stick in your head to use the rear brake to slow yourself down instead of chopping the throttle (closing it then gettin back into it). I really dont like how people always insist ppl do power wheelies but hey if it works im not even goin to start a debate about that in here like usually happens.

35 MPH isnt a slow wheelie 10-15 MPH is a slow wheelie. To do those you have your idel set up at about 3-4k and you clutch it pretty hard then catch yourself in balance point with the rear brake (DONT DO THIS YET) since your inexperienced your just goin to seriously mess something up. I have my idel set at 2k and its done me fine with 1st gear standups which i have up to about a mile long now.

The switch to 2nd gear after you learn first is a cake walk. 2nd comes up exeremly smooth compared to first but with 2nd you have way less engine brake to save your *** incase you get to far behind BP.

I also believe that learning wheelies in 1st helps you learn great throttle control since the bike is so "twitchy" in first gear as apposed to 2nd.

And this is stuntlife.com not squidlife.com people need to stop saying "abandon the clutch and do power wheelies"

post up vids of this mile long wheelie in first .LOL
Old 02-27-2005, 07:29 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by truekaotik
Wait for this season to start for the new footage, Havnt had a camera out this season but my wheelies so far this winter season have been almost twice as long as last.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:34 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by truekaotik

Why? Is a mile wheelie in first supposed to be hard?
Old 02-27-2005, 07:49 PM

truekaotik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonnyGSXR
Why? Is a mile wheelie in first supposed to be hard?
hhahhaha not if u got BP and OH SHIAT breaking skills. just want to see him ride more than 300 hundred feet. ive seen his clips and want to see this progression for myself.I hear alot of talk with no backing . Plus i like watchin vid clips since i cant ride right now.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:15 PM

Billyt is an unknown quantity at this point

So I should stay on the gas and use the break instead of getting out of the throttle
Old 02-28-2005, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Billyt
So I should stay on the gas and use the break instead of getting out of the throttle
For the most part yes... unless your WAY to much into the gas haha then its no good but you kinda even out between the two.

And if you figure clost to a 1 mile long wheelie goin 35-40 MPH thats a pretty damn long time on one wheel (atleast for me since im pretty new to the whole motorcycle deal). And you'll see progression no worries im not FHL and can back up what i speak about Also those mile long wheelies are using just engine brake haha. I just started actually using the rear brake in place of choppin the throttle the day befor i fuxored my tank and makes me feel sooo much more smooth.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:04 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

For the most part yes... unless your WAY to much into the gas haha then its no good but you kinda even out between the two.

And if you figure clost to a 1 mile long wheelie goin 35-40 MPH thats a pretty damn long time on one wheel (atleast for me since im pretty new to the whole motorcycle deal). And you'll see progression no worries im not FHL and can back up what i speak about Also those mile long wheelies are using just engine brake haha. I just started actually using the rear brake in place of choppin the throttle the day befor i fuxored my tank and makes me feel sooo much more smooth.
You're just a know it all. "I must be good because I've looped a fast wheelie, and f denting a tank it has to look mint so I can pose!".

If I can find someone with a camera I'll match your mile first gear wheelie and raise you a mile, that's right *****, 2 miles in first gear at 20mph. I can't wait to get my bike this week (which I haven't had for 2 months) so I can show you what's up.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:09 AM

thats the funniest thing ive read in awhile... makes me wanna find his loser *** and beat the livin hell outa the kid. Go try to make a friend or two.

I dont know it all... YOU on the other hand seem to

since when is 15 MPH fast? And when did i say that i didnt wanna dent my tank so that it stayed minty... i said i didnt wanna **** up another tank cause unlike you Daddy doesnt buy everything for me that i want.

I cant wait till this kid injures himself and i know im not alone on this one (prays for broken bones)
Old 02-28-2005, 03:20 AM

(damn that 5 min edit BS)

You know your not goin to be able to find anyone to flim for you, so keep using that ghetto rigged helmet cam of yours. You lack social skills to find anyone to actually be your friend and film you.

I also highly doubt your wheelies are anywhere near 2 miles long off of what ive seen in your past video's you'd be lucky to make it 3/4 of a mile (im usually lucky if i do.) Also i know ive got more tricks learned then your *** so you really need to stop talkin **** about me. Never once have i seen you do anything besides a simple standup wheelie.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:20 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

thats the funniest thing ive read in awhile... makes me wanna find his loser *** and beat the livin hell outa the kid. Go try to make a friend or two.

I dont know it all... YOU on the other hand seem to

since when is 15 MPH fast? And when did i say that i didnt wanna dent my tank so that it stayed minty... i said i didnt wanna **** up another tank cause unlike you Daddy doesnt buy everything for me that i want.

I cant wait till this kid injures himself and i know im not alone on this one (prays for broken bones)
Get off your damn ego trip, I've bought everything I own and not having the skill to dent a tank without messing it up isn't a valid excuse for taking a chance of falling off with a stock tank.

I'd like proof that you can hold a 15mph wheelie, all the videos I saw you were being a throttle jockey at 40mph, and you wonder why you looped.

And also, I will have video by the end of the week.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by FHL
Get off your damn ego trip, I've bought everything I own and not having the skill to dent a tank without messing it up isn't a valid excuse for taking a chance of falling off with a stock tank.

I'd like proof that you can hold a 15mph wheelie, all the videos I saw you were being a throttle jockey at 40mph, and you wonder why you looped.

i cant do a 15 MPH wheelie why do you think i ****in looped douche. For one i didnt have brake control down at the time. And second i was doing it staggered when im used to doin things standing normal.

And where does me being on an ego trip commin into play?? I really am on no ego trip at all... unless liking to help beginners is considered being on an ego trip then i guess im guilty of that
Old 02-28-2005, 03:24 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

(damn that 5 min edit BS)

You know your not goin to be able to find anyone to flim for you, so keep using that ghetto rigged helmet cam of yours. You lack social skills to find anyone to actually be your friend and film you.

I also highly doubt your wheelies are anywhere near 2 miles long off of what ive seen in your past video's you'd be lucky to make it 3/4 of a mile (im usually lucky if i do.) Also i know ive got more tricks learned then your *** so you really need to stop talkin **** about me. Never once have i seen you do anything besides a simple standup wheelie.
That's because I spend more time practicing than trying to pose for a camera. I have someone to film me I just don't have a camera capable of taking 3 minute videos.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:26 AM

I dont have a video camera at all and usually stunt by myself. Squid has the video camera and he brings that out maybe once a month. I go out and stunt daily in the summer. But i guess im posing for all the trees and birds around me at the lot.

Arguing with FHL is like trying to teach a retard math... Lets get this post back on topic
Old 02-28-2005, 03:27 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

I dont have a video camera at all and usually stunt by myself. Squid has the video camera and he brings that out maybe once a month. I go out and stunt daily in the summer. But i guess im posing for all the trees and birds around me at the lot.
Just ****ing shut up until you have proof you can hold a wheelie at 15mph without being a throttle jockey.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by FHL
Just ****ing shut up until you have proof you can hold a wheelie at 15mph without being a throttle jockey.

When was i saying i was ever trying slow stuff except for the one time i looped? Shouldnt you be in bed beings you have school tomarrow? OHHH wait you have no life or friends and are home schooled thats right nevermind...
Old 02-28-2005, 11:08 AM

Quicksta da RR is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Also For The Help Gents. I Think I Will Go Out And Practice Right Now.

And Billyt If U Have The Money For A Fiddy, U Should Get One, Cheaper To Fix If U Crash, And There Just F**kin Sick.

Quick Reply: My wheelies are gabage!!! HELP!!!