can any body help????plzz

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 05:53 PM

P-DAWG is an unknown quantity at this point
can any body help????plzz

i have a 01 gsxr600, i stored since last october and went there yesterday to start it up and it didnt even budge. i disconnected the battery and filled up the tank with 93 premium unleaded before storing it away. when i connected the battery back on i saw my gauges lit up then went out, also i can hear the fuel pump humming silently and continues too, when i turn the key all the way to lock and park the rear tail light comes on but no head light or gauges are lit??????? i even went out and bought a brand new battery and hooked it up to see if it did the trick but nothing but the same way it was acting when i 1st tried. my bike was running just fine with no problems before i stored it. anyone with tech advice or tips that can give me a few pointers would be greatly appreciated, thatnx S.L. members
Old 02-25-2005, 06:13 PM

truekaotik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: can any body help????plzz

chk the fuses under the left side tail or up in the head piece?did u spark the battery on re-install?does it do anything differentfrom just sitting to u pushin the start button?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:17 PM

Big Brother is a decent person

yea...check the fuses. Same problem mine had. There should be some spare fuses on board.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:57 AM

i cheked 2 green fuses under the seat and they both looked fine to me, but to answer truekaotik question, no, the bike did not even crank up or turn over....... theonly thing happening is the fuel pump humming silently non stop.... could there be more fuses???? cause thats all i saw under the seat and passenger seat and when i removed the whole tail fairing out.....could it be somthing else????? thanx S.L. members for your help.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:11 AM

sAmThEmAn209 is an unknown quantity at this point

fuses........fo sho
Old 02-27-2005, 11:17 AM

zrex is an unknown quantity at this point

did you CHARGE the battery before putting it in ? batteries should be charged at 2amps (1/10 the amp hour) for 8hrs + to make them work CORRECTLY and LAST a long time.
also make sure you didnt hydrolock the motor with it sitting with NO STABIL in the gas (if its a carburated year for the gix) you would need to pull the plugs to get the gas out.
look at your oil window.. is it higher ? is it a different color ?
also like stated above check for any/all fuses. make sure you kill button it in the ON position (sounds like it since your pump is running)
good luck
Old 02-27-2005, 06:14 PM

not to sound like a jacka$$ but its not in gear is it bro! because it wont turn over in gear w/ kickstand down? make sure ur neutral light is on or kickstand up if it is in gear. also if u checked these and still wont crank ck the kick stand sensor make sure it is engageing all the way w/kickstand. i had a buddy that the sensr keept loosining up on his 2000 gsxr6 just enough to cut his eng.? let me know after u chk if u need more guesses? just tryin to help
Old 02-27-2005, 06:21 PM

oh and that is normal for u to turn it to lock the tail light to come on . ur lock has two stages. reg lock no tail light. turned all the way to the left the tail light only will come on thats norm.also chk on off switch on right handle bar . make sure its flipped to run.if it wont even crank then it has nothin to do with ur carbs yet or oil . lets get it to crank first then if it dont run right we will talk about that.and there are fuses up by triple and guages at the head peice
Old 02-27-2005, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by zrex
did you CHARGE the battery before putting it in ? batteries should be charged at 2amps (1/10 the amp hour) for 8hrs + to make them work CORRECTLY and LAST a long time.
also make sure you didnt hydrolock the motor with it sitting with NO STABIL in the gas (if its a carburated year for the gix) you would need to pull the plugs to get the gas out.
look at your oil window.. is it higher ? is it a different color ?
also like stated above check for any/all fuses. make sure you kill button it in the ON position (sounds like it since your pump is running)
good luck
true but it would at least try to turn over at first.at least one crank in worse case senario. like the kill switch idea didnt read all til just now and I said that too (not ot sound like broken record. LOL ..............my bad.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:45 PM

well thats one thing i didnt do, was charge up the battery..... thats probably why it sound like it wasnt gettin enough juice, but it is a brand new battery though but it wont hurt to try... but thanks alot for the advice... i will go attempt and see what happens....thanks S.L. guys
p.s. it is not in gear and i also ttried starting up the bike in standin position with the kick stand up. it's either the battery needs to be charged up or a frikn fuse.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:56 PM

oh yeah, i didnt put that stabil in my gas tank at all,but what i did do was fill it to the top with 93premium fuel and had it parked in a storage garage type thing,the temp in there was like 45-50 degrees. i hope my bike didnt "hydrolock", if thats the case??? and if it did, what are the chances of repairing it, cost$$$ ?????
Old 02-28-2005, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by P-DAWG
oh yeah, i didnt put that stabil in my gas tank at all,but what i did do was fill it to the top with 93premium fuel and had it parked in a storage garage type thing,the temp in there was like 45-50 degrees. i hope my bike didnt "hydrolock", if thats the case??? and if it did, what are the chances of repairing it, cost$$$ ?????
dont worry we can walk u through that. it sound worse than it really is.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

eh, gas sitting for a few months is bad. **** turns moldy quick
Old 03-01-2005, 09:19 AM

well all h3ll has not failed, i took it to my guy's school where he is learning small engine rebuilding/motorcycle tech repairs. he's got a month or two til he gets his degree/certificate.... i know he knows what he's doin.....thanx for all the help guyz..... i'll let you know what was wrong......