f3 stunters

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:29 AM

cbrstuntzf3 is an unknown quantity at this point
f3 stunters

alright im new to the game but just want to know who stunts a honda f3 tryin to get some tips.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:20 PM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f3 stunters

there are a few posts on this, but since the search function wont allow you to search "f2" or "f3" its pretty hard to find them.

The bikes are pretty solid. Steel frame, steel subframe. One bummer about the subframe is that it is welded to the frame. They bend back fairly easily, but you cant replace them like you can on most bikes. I've heard they cant do long bar tricks, but most carb'd bikes cant. Edub, jonnygsxr, myself, novaman, FHL, and i believe MikeM all ride f2/f3's.

cages
905 makes one (i have it & like it)
MXD makes one (fhl has it)
or you can make your own.

12 bars
im positive 905 makes one, but other than that your pretty much gonna have to make your own.

gearing
-1 +3 is a good start, alot of people are crazy about their -0 +10 gearing too.
www.moto-heaven.com seems to be all the rage for stunt stuff and gearing, so check him out.

any other questions, feel free to pm me or any of the other guys i listed b/c we are all here to help...or somthing like that. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:36 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

FI also makes cages now too. Although it is a bummer the subframe is welded on one thing about it being all steel is that its easy to reinforce. Edub and myself have both reinforced ours with extra cross bracing. They are pretty capable but like was said they aren't much for bar tricks. I also haven't seen anyone pulling long endos on em.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:43 PM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Although it is a bummer the subframe is welded on one thing about it being all steel is that its easy to reinforce.
w3rd, forgot to say that.
thx for the help on the tank btw
Old 02-25-2005, 02:47 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

F3 is a great bike to stunt, The motor is bullet proof and perfect for beginners if you ask me. Theres nothing i dont like about my F2 except that its carb'ed. But i cant do any tricks as of now that causes any problems with that anyway. MXD is also talkin about making a 12 bar for the F2/F3's the market for our bikes is finally growing a bit.

With the subframe it'd be pretty simple to weld up a few cross bars to stiffen it up for 12's i know Squid bent his back when he first looped it but used a come along and a sledge hammer and shes straight as an arrow now (i love steal) haha.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:09 PM

ya i already fliped an indo sub frame bent back nicely ya i just got the clutch kit and im geting a sprocket 4up just to start my second gear this year yes i was only a first gear ricer this year. but it will change this year im going all out. :
Old 02-25-2005, 03:11 PM

i was only a first gear ricer this year
first gear rider
Old 02-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

rocking the good ole f2, they are good beginer bikes. only thing that sucks is that its carb not fi. just got my new sprockets. 13t front, 60t rear. they are a little heavy but not to big of a deal.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:30 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

patrick stevens used to rock an old f3 streetfighter... he could do some decent stoppies on it..

rock what ya got!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:56 PM

codebluezx9r is an unknown quantity at this point

20 up is the only way to fly its a stuntbike right not a streetbike.Streetfighter it out make your own cage and twelve bar and rock it....Let me know if you need any extra parts ive got lots and lots.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:50 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by codebluezx9r
20 up is the only way to fly its a stuntbike right not a streetbike.Streetfighter it out make your own cage and twelve bar and rock it....Let me know if you need any extra parts ive got lots and lots.

I agree with 20 up and street fighter, but buy an MXD cage, it's well worth the money you save in aggrivation and ruined parts experimenting with building your own cage.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:40 AM

you guys and your crazy *** gearin are nuts lol. Im with Squid and think that -1 +3 is more than enough. at the most -1 +7. +20 is just freakin crazy haha

But i guess if its only a stunt piece its alright
Old 02-26-2005, 12:26 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

i rock an F2 as well, utterly indestructable.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:44 PM

ya im lovin it so far its comfortable as h***
Old 02-26-2005, 12:45 PM

wuduhel is an unknown quantity at this point

F2's rock :YEAH people laugh at them and think they're old and slow they i laugh at them when they can't keep up with me in the twisties.

i got a problem tho. i can clutch up 1st but not 2nd. i used to be able to clutch 2nd up but now it won't come up. i dunno if my bald tires aren't gripping or my clutch is slipping. just seems odd it'll clutch up in 1st and not 2nd.

i already spent a sh|tload of money on o-rings and manifolds for my carbs, new plugs, new coils and new fork seals. i don't really wanna spend $140 for new clutch plates but it looks like i might have to.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by wuduhel
F2's rock :YEAH people laugh at them and think they're old and slow they i laugh at them when they can't keep up with me in the twisties.

i got a problem tho. i can clutch up 1st but not 2nd. i used to be able to clutch 2nd up but now it won't come up. i dunno if my bald tires aren't gripping or my clutch is slipping. just seems odd it'll clutch up in 1st and not 2nd.

i already spent a sh|tload of money on o-rings and manifolds for my carbs, new plugs, new coils and new fork seals. i don't really wanna spend $140 for new clutch plates but it looks like i might have to.

I got the same problem Bro, time to replace the clutch plates. I can pull up 2nd gear only when the clutch is cold otherwise all it does is slip like a mother.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:36 PM

i went out today and brought up 2nd gear and its 30-35 degrees out cold as hell about 18 lbs air or more gesstimating. stock gearing but i didnt ride it out long just brought it up . the clutch kit works got to say that.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

go up a little if you still plan on doing a lot of street riding, i just went -2 +17 on mine and it comes up no problem, havent got to do too much, cold *** MI weather. nontheless bigger gearing is goin to help you out if you plan on really gettin into it, and dont just work your way up, maybe a little at first then go 20 up or so. helps alot with slow stuff.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:53 AM

30-35* cold? **** thats beautiful riding weather up here in North Dakota. Now anything below 20* just plain sux and THATS cold
Old 02-27-2005, 10:28 AM

wheelieking22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i take my f2 out the other day lifted it right up in second no clutch need. never had to use the clutch in second at all. third is the only one i use it on. stock sporkets and everything. anyone now where i can get a nice cage for my f2. i don't feel like buying another case. .

Quick Reply: f3 stunters