More Wheelie Help, yeah i know

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 10:12 AM

carolinaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
More Wheelie Help, yeah i know

yeah i know, and I read all the wheelie advice and tech on here but I still cant hold bp. Ive gotten better but yesterday was frustrated and had to get on the brake and barely scrapped the muffler on the 600rr. Scared the He!! out of me. For real. any advice would be appreciated. Most people have got it by now i know, but for give a little more help to those like me who just aint got it yet. Thanks guys. Im frustrated cause most of you can do stoppies, and high chairs, all that, i just want to simply do a stand up wheelie. Please for cryin out loud, just a simple stander. Help please.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: More Wheelie Help, yeah i know

Originally Posted by carolinaboy
yeah i know, and I read all the wheelie advice and tech on here but I still cant hold bp. Ive gotten better but yesterday was frustrated and had to get on the brake and barely scrapped the muffler on the 600rr. Scared the He!! out of me. For real. any advice would be appreciated. Most people have got it by now i know, but for give a little more help to those like me who just aint got it yet. Thanks guys. Im frustrated cause most of you can do stoppies, and high chairs, all that, i just want to simply do a stand up wheelie. Please for cryin out loud, just a simple stander. Help please.

I don't know the first thing about whooling a streetbike, but I've heard the 600RR is a lil top heavy.

I'm just bumping your post up so more poeple will see it really
Old 02-17-2005, 04:21 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

600RR's don't have a really good balance point compared to an F4i or 929. I think the only thing you can do is practice. Take it up higher and higher and just let it rev out, and when you get it up high enough the revs will stall, then you know not to go any farther, just take your time.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:30 PM

onsighter514d is an unknown quantity at this point

Take ur time, looping sucks. Clutc it off the ground then slowly roll it into bp. Are u clutchin or powering? Get to know the rear brake, itll save ur ***. Also, do em staggered. Good luck man.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:35 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

k well from the sounds of it, you have pretty good balance, and have a notion of rear brake, perfect start..the thing with 600rr's is they have the pro link suspension, which wants to tuck the tire in when u get it near bp, cover the brake, clutch it up pretty high from about 25 in 2nd gear.. all you need to listen to is your motor, when the R's start to slow down, then u're really close, and u'd be suprised, Bp is actually pretty big, it's not a strict line wher eif u move u'r fvcked... and rarely will u be able to hold the throttle in one steady position and maintain it, u'r gonna still have the have little inputs of throttle, mainly cover the brake, and just know when the rpms stop u're there...good luck, wear your ****
Old 02-17-2005, 04:53 PM

Hajinomoto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to the topic...... I think Bullo here on SL rocks a 600rr, he'd prob be able to help you out best. And he's tearin' it up btw. Check out the vids https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109526
Old 02-17-2005, 06:04 PM

KingWheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah, I know you are, BUT COVER THE BRAKE!!! I looped trying to find BP because I wasn't covering the brake...not fun having a hamburger *** for a week....
Old 02-17-2005, 08:52 PM
lky

lky is an unknown quantity at this point

im at the same point as u are CAROLIANBOY i get them up nice and high in 1st gear standing (left foot on back peg) can hold it all the way to red line but i know i can go that little bit higher but i have no brake control so what i have been doing is when im up there i tap the rear brake just to get a feel for it so when i do go past BP i wont freak out and slam the bike down, i can feel when its at BP cause the revs will sit constant and the bike feels weightless kinda weird, but i cant hold it, just keep at it dude we will get it soon

peace
Old 02-17-2005, 09:00 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

always good to cover the brake, and think about it..but first gear is great cuz u can get it behind bp, and there is plenty of engine break to bring u back..i have an f4i too and i can ride first gear for a minute without break.. what u should do is keep your foot into the brake, so the brake is engaging..and overpower it with throttle
Old 02-18-2005, 07:48 PM

KingWheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah...sounds kinda like what I do, when I start going to far, it's like the bike pivoting is what keeps my foot on the brake, and when I start going past bp, my foot is already taping the break...no need to think, but that's just me.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:04 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by FHL
600RR's don't have a really good balance point compared to an F4i or 929. I think the only thing you can do is practice. Take it up higher and higher and just let it rev out, and when you get it up high enough the revs will stall, then you know not to go any farther, just take your time.
first off your biggest problem would be listening to this punk,he cant balance a wheelie and owns a stuntbike and a 954rr.....just practice..if you've scrape tail you know how far back is too far,now its just a matter of learning the right area,just keep bringing it up and slowly going a little further back each time,when you hit it you'll know where its at,your speed will be steady and your rpms will be steady or acutallly drop some..then its a matter of riding it out..once your throttle control gets smoother you'll be able to go miles in the balance point.