Learning Stunts ABC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Flsean1978 is a decent person
Learning Stunts ABC's

What's the first stunt a new rider should learn other than just staying in one piece or dodging lane changing old people? I've had some people say burnouts, others vary between wheelies and stoppies. Not too interested in the burnout thing because of the rubber expense. Also, a couple pointers on the correct and safe way to do this would be helpful.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:20 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Learning Stunts ABC's

look at the top of the help and how to page https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/72156-complete-guide-learning-basic.html
Old 02-13-2005, 10:36 AM

..jk.. is an unknown quantity at this point

First--- I'd say is to get your assss of the street untill you have an idea of what your doing. Then I'd say just go and play around, I don't think there realy are "first" stunts other then the one everybody does and that's STAND THAT SHITTT UP !!!!!

Later on jk
Old 02-13-2005, 12:55 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve

no doubt the good ol power wheelie stand up in 2nd
Old 02-13-2005, 01:06 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kingtuts
no doubt the good ol power wheelie stand up in 2nd
screw power wheelies, Clutch that ****. Learn the right way the first time.

As far as what stunts you should learn first. Its all about what you have the ***** to try to do. Half of stunting is guts, the other half is practice and skill. Once you get over the fear of trying something it'll be easier the next times.

Some stunts you can start out with is Side skitching (standing off the side of the bike both feet on the ground aka skiing). And of course learning to wheelie is the main thing because without a wheelie you arnt a stunter. Start out in first go about 15-20 MPH and pullin in the clutch give a twist of the throttle and then slip the clutch back out (Fast but not completely dropping it, i use 1 finger for this some ppl use 2). That will send the bike into a wheelie. Learning where and what balance point feels like is all on you though. Noone can tell you where balance point is, kinda have to find that for yourself with practice. Learn to cover the rear brake. Also get comfortable standing up on the pegs when your attempting to wheelie. Lots of ppl start out with sitdowns, but they are harder to bring up (no weight transfer) then a standup is. Once i started standups i didnt look back at sitdowns till after i had found balance point.

This should give you a good start, anymore questions just ask theres lots of us "new guys" that help the other new stunters out.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
screw power wheelies, Clutch that ****. Learn the right way the first time.

As far as what stunts you should learn first. Its all about what you have the ***** to try to do. Half of stunting is guts, the other half is practice and skill. Once you get over the fear of trying something it'll be easier the next times.

Some stunts you can start out with is Side skitching (standing off the side of the bike both feet on the ground aka skiing). And of course learning to wheelie is the main thing because without a wheelie you arnt a stunter. Start out in first go about 15-20 MPH and pullin in the clutch give a twist of the throttle and then slip the clutch back out (Fast but not completely dropping it, i use 1 finger for this some ppl use 2). That will send the bike into a wheelie. Learning where and what balance point feels like is all on you though. Noone can tell you where balance point is, kinda have to find that for yourself with practice. Learn to cover the rear brake. Also get comfortable standing up on the pegs when your attempting to wheelie. Lots of ppl start out with sitdowns, but they are harder to bring up (no weight transfer) then a standup is. Once i started standups i didnt look back at sitdowns till after i had found balance point.

This should give you a good start, anymore questions just ask theres lots of us "new guys" that help the other new stunters out.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ok
Old 02-13-2005, 02:36 PM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

start by clutching
Old 02-13-2005, 03:24 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

start small with the clutching you dont want to loop,read the basic guide to wheelies and be safe and wear your gear.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by kingtuts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ok

why you doggin my posts lately? go away
Old 02-13-2005, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by doodle13245
start small with the clutching you dont want to loop,read the basic guide to wheelies and be safe and wear your gear.
Yeah i forgot to mention that. Dont get to carried away with the first initial throttle twist.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:21 PM

u DOGGIN ur own post. the only thing i dog is my avatar cuz its a mix between a dog and a rhino. and dont ever ever ever ever ever tell me to go away ill go away when its right for me. hell dont tell me nothin
Old 02-13-2005, 06:07 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

do burnouts even really count as stunts??? just wanderin becuase i always hear people call it a stunt but i dont see how it is.... hc donuts yea... buta burnout come on now.... my lil sister can do a burnout!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess you could call anything other than normal average every day driving a stunt. Stunt would be anything that requires a level of difficulty or skill. also could pose a danger to self or machine. So yea, it's a stunt. Not a hard one... but a stunt nonetheless. Think about the "Stunt shows" whats everyones favorite "stunt" the burnout. So while they may not require massive skill, they're still fun and cool. Plus its a good basic place to start learning to minipulate the bike and how it reacts to things. Go ahead and give it a try. Basic unmoving burnout to get the idea... then roll it out.. then go for circle, then hop on the tank and do it crossover (or highchair) then do highchair circle... All are entertaining. But will take a lot of rubber haha. As far as wheelies go, read the "How to" section's sticky on wheelies. Gear up and be safe!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:34 PM

kidstunta is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have BP down on regular standup and sitdown wheelies down... I would suggest spreader or seat stander wheelies. Thats what I moved to next, and both arent really that hard. I think seat standers are easier, so maybe start with those and move to spreaders next. Dont even need to know any rear brake control for either of them.

Oh ya, if U dont know rear brake control on wheelies, figure that **** out. U will need to know that for the more technical tricks.

As for stoppies.... I have no advice. (I suck at em)
Old 02-20-2005, 03:59 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

you will have weeks of tryin to wheelie where u just bring the bike up a little and swear you were 10ft high, u'll get used to it as you practice, prepare to blow a set of fork seals when learning, but the more you practice the better off you are, i of course learned the gayest of both worlds and learned sit down power wheelies first, then tried clutch, and i was like **** this isn't scary, then moved to stand ups..and spreaders are cake, they feel just like sit downs.. stoppies are cool and all, but you won't get to show off your skill very often cuz stop lights are covered with oil and ****, and chances are u're gonna **** it up at an intersection, so start learnin wheelies and post vids under "i suck and am tryin to learn" and ppl will give u positive criticism
Old 02-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Regular StuntLifer

ok, ALL last week I was clutching the **** out of some wheelies and brought the front up a few times. I tried a couple of them standing up which resulted in the tank almost pushing me on my ***, but it jumped up pretty high. (probably only about one foot) Is it normal for the wheelie to feel like a donkey is kicking the bike out from under you?
I also tried to rock the throtle a few times which resulted in bringing the front wheel up, but by the time my bike generates enough power to do it this way, I'm running at about 11 grand and doing about 30 in first gear. When I go into second, the bike lurches forward bringing the tire up once again a little lower, but now I'm doing like 50 in 2nd. I want to impress people with the skillz, not fly past em so they can't see what's happening...

I'm also thinking that I may need to go from my 48 sprocket to a 50+ It kills the top speed, but I'm not normally topping the bike out anyway so I don't think I'd care about this.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:37 AM

20blks is an unknown quantity at this point

You can do it with stock sprockets. You just gotta keep practicing. It's not gonna come over night. All the guys you see do this stuff practiced for a very long time. To expect it right away for you is outrageous. If it's not coming up in second, try a little more throttle and a little less clutch. Just a slight slip of the clutch.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:27 AM

y0manda is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say take that gun and try to catch a bullet with your teeth.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by y0manda
I'd say take that gun and try to catch a bullet with your teeth.
Or maybe not. You're pretty funny though....or maybe not.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:24 PM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

be patient......................don't worry about impressing anyone for a while....when you are learning you are embarassing yourself instead of impressing people...but that's just the way it goes, you have to start somewhere..............get used to bringing the front wheel up a few inches, then a foot, then 2 feet, and so on....then get used to holding it..........it might take a while depending on how much time you devote to it but the only way you will learn is from doing it over and over again....also, what kind of bike do you ride???

Quick Reply: Learning Stunts ABC's