Learning Stunts ABC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Flsean1978 is a decent person
Re: Learning Stunts ABC's

Originally Posted by DAN1978
be patient......................don't worry about impressing anyone for a while....when you are learning you are embarassing yourself instead of impressing people...but that's just the way it goes, you have to start somewhere..............get used to bringing the front wheel up a few inches, then a foot, then 2 feet, and so on....then get used to holding it..........it might take a while depending on how much time you devote to it but the only way you will learn is from doing it over and over again....also, what kind of bike do you ride???
2001 R6 Limited Ed. A little afraid to drop this one, so I just got another job to help pay for somehting in the 3k range I can skip across the pavement.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:27 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flsean1978
2001 R6 Limited Ed. A little afraid to drop this one, so I just got another job to help pay for somehting in the 3k range I can skip across the pavement.
good idea.... try not to wheelie and/or stunt minty bikes.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:56 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FooFighters203
good idea.... try not to wheelie and/or stunt minty bikes.
best advice givin right there lol. I bought a minty *** F2 with a fresh coat of paint... now its getting a new fresh coat of spray paint and turned into a stunt piece.

Worst yet is that im stunting a bike the bank owns

If your buyin a stunt bike id save learning wheelies and **** on your minty bike. Commin down hard from wheelies will take its toll on the whole bike and so will stunting. Once you get a feel for where BP is your probably goin to loop sometime around there. So wait till you get your stunt piece you'll thank us later haha.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:06 PM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flsean1978
salvage f4i..........can't go wrong there...........i had a flawless r1...i wheelied the hell out of it.........just be careful...no slow stuff on a minty bike if your learning..............
Old 02-21-2005, 09:44 PM

Jeff405 is an unknown quantity at this point

no slow stuff on aminty bike if your learning
My problem there is, it the only bike I have and can afford and want to whellie. But it seems clutching slow is easier to get the hang of than fast power, cause by the time it starts to coming up your running out of revs, room, and it seem like your not in as much control. Im trying sit down clucting/ 15-20, slip the clutch but it only comes up prob. less than afoot. I wanna get it down but don't want to wreck my only bike.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:32 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jeff405
I wanna get it down but don't want to wreck my only bike.
Dont stunt if you dont wanna wreck your bike. Trust me i thought "oh i can learn wheelies and hopefully ill just get good enough and not wreck in the process" i was wrong lol. And most others on here will agree with me that you dont think your goin to wreck till it happens. Definatly get a stunt bike if your worried about messin up yours cause you will its almost gaurenteed.

If you cant afford a big bike to stunt maybe buy a 50. You'll sharpen your stunting skills and learn a ton on it. Then when you can afford a stunt piece you can transfer what you learned on the 50 to the big bike.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:50 PM

WillRRoberts is an unknown quantity at this point

My first stunt was a couple donuts. Then i started doing power wheelies on a closed street. Get a crash cage, sliders, and a steering stabalizer (saved my freind's life). ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!