blown motor..KNOCK KNOCK

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:55 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
blown motor..KNOCK KNOCK

ok so i blew my motor on the 03 750 again. i had the oil pick up and plenty of oil. what do you think caused this. i did a 2nd gear for about a mile, give or take, set it down and only a little rattle. i thought my cage was loose or something so i just rode it home. then as im almost home the knock gets louder & louder....now i know i blew the motor for sure....

i think i blew a rod again, but it didnt put a hole in the motor this time. i have an entire motor sitting there that i blew before, how hard is it to repair. what do i need to know before getting into the internal parts? do i need any special oil or anything like that?

when i turned it off after i got home, i tried starting it again, but it was hard to start, like the motor didnt want to turn over. then in the morning i started it and it started right up, but the knocking was SO loud.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:03 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: blown motor..KNOCK KNOCK

i would get a new motor and rebuild the one you got because them dahm gixxer motors blow all the time and about the oil i would use semi synthetic not full synthetic also always over fill the oil
Old 02-10-2005, 06:05 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve

might be a broken valve. if u got the right tools and know what ur doin wich u sound like u have not a clue u should be fine but i dont think u should attempt this cuz u gonna **** somethin up so have someone who knows what the hell there doing and know a lil **** bout motors do it
Old 02-10-2005, 06:08 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

thats pretty shitty mxd, ask spence when he comes back he might know howto fix it.. he's good with that **** usually
Old 02-10-2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by kingtuts
might be a broken valve. if u got the right tools and know what ur doin wich u sound like u have not a clue u should be fine but i dont think u should attempt this cuz u gonna **** somethin up so have someone who knows what the hell there doing and know a lil **** bout motors do it
i have a million dollar race truck, tools arent a problem. ive done a motor swap before by myself, that was pretty easy. so it cant be that hard. ill have some help too, we have some pretty good mechanics here if i run into any serious problems. i was just looking for some input if there was anything that i needed to know about gsxrs.

the service manual is nice & clear, cant *** up too bad
Old 02-10-2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kaotic
thats pretty shitty mxd, ask spence when he comes back he might know howto fix it.. he's good with that **** usually

tell me about it, i just swapped motors last month
Old 02-10-2005, 06:16 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Its 99% that its a BE bearing that spun

The bearings themselfs arnt too expensive but since you rode it home you screwed the crank journal for sure. So when you add all the parts needed (Crank, all bearings, maybe 1 rod, gaskets) Its not worth it. Then who even knows what else happened you could have hit a valve with the piston because of the blown bearing.

Basically its never worth it unless you have alot of performance work on the motor and you wanna save it.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:28 PM

i can take a whole motor appart top and bottom and put it back with in 4 hours so if ud like i can do it for a price it will have to be hefty tho.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with JohnnyP...most likely a bearing. I just had the same thing happen on my second motor this month on a '03 750 with oil pickup and extra oil as well and learned the same info that if it is a bearing, you need to replace the crank and now you are talking about more money than buying another used motor.

I blew the rings in cyl. 1 on the original motor from riding on the freeway at high rpm with big gearing (most likely) ...gonna fix that one and trash the knocker.

(and reduce gearing)

Last edited by SIC GSXR; 02-10-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:33 PM

you guys need to get hondas they dont break
Old 02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SIC GSXR
I blew the rings in cyl. 1 on the original motor from riding on the freeway at high rpm with big gearing (most likely) ...gonna fix that one and trash the knocker.

(and reduce gearing)
I'm curious. What rpm are you talking about when you say "high rpm" and what was your gearing?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:54 PM

yea i left out that it could also be a bearing sorry. yea it could also be a rod bearing
Old 02-11-2005, 01:30 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how to permanentle fix this problem..................

option #1 fix it then don't ride it, just look at it and think about how much fun it would be<----I personally don't like this option

option #2 fix it, sell it, and place a 600F4i in its place <----this option almost gaurantees unlimited wheelies and years of reliable servive and parts availablity

as thanx for my great advice I'll take one 600rr stunt cage and one 954 stuntcage PM me for address
Old 02-11-2005, 12:10 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
you guys need to get hondas they dont break
ACTUALLY THEY DO. I BLEW UP MY 929 MOTOR WITH 18K. REPLACED IT WITH A 954 MOTOR THAT I GOT FOR CHEAP WITH 16K ON IT. BLEW IT UP WITH 19K. STAY TUNED FOR THE OIL PICK UP SYSTEMS FOR HONDA COMING SOON. STUNTEX.COM
Old 02-11-2005, 02:19 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure this didn't happen, stuntex pick up fell off
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_105.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	122447  
Old 02-11-2005, 02:37 PM

20dub is an unknown quantity at this point

crank bearing pics...i her ya mxd...same thing happened to me 2 months ago...finally came to my senses and bought a honda...
you can tell which ones went....it looked like the bearing slid out of place and folded over on both sides...fin suzuki ..wish i had pics of the crank....2 of the journals were black and blue from getting so hot..looks crazy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	000_018345.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	122472   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0182457.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	122473  
Old 02-11-2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Its 99% that its a BE bearing that spun

The bearings themselfs arnt too expensive but since you rode it home you screwed the crank journal for sure. So when you add all the parts needed (Crank, all bearings, maybe 1 rod, gaskets) Its not worth it. Then who even knows what else happened you could have hit a valve with the piston because of the blown bearing.

Basically its never worth it unless you have alot of performance work on the motor and you wanna save it.

i have an entire motor, with the exeption of a rod on the farthest right whne sitting on the bike. the knock is from the upper left so i think i can fix it with the parts i have. is it pretty hard to fix? im sure i can get the thing apart and back together, but do i need any special oils or anything. in the manual, there are all kinds of special suzuki oil symbols, but i dont know if i need them, or if i can just go to a shop and get whatever they have.

and i have 2 750s, so im just going to swap out the motor on the slavaged and sell the good bike. get another bike, and then fix this motor and drop it in the salvaged frame.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Duffman
make sure this didn't happen, stuntex pick up fell off

thats the first thing im going to check out. i torqued it to specs though, so i dont think it was that, but who knows until i pull the thing apart
Old 02-11-2005, 02:44 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -MXD-
thats the first thing im going to check out. i torqued it to specs though, so i dont think it was that, but who knows until i pull the thing apart
i torqued mine to spec too bro, yank the pan and check that **** out
Old 02-11-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
ACTUALLY THEY DO. I BLEW UP MY 929 MOTOR WITH 18K. REPLACED IT WITH A 954 MOTOR THAT I GOT FOR CHEAP WITH 16K ON IT. BLEW IT UP WITH 19K. STAY TUNED FOR THE OIL PICK UP SYSTEMS FOR HONDA COMING SOON. STUNTEX.COM
how much longer before they are done being made i made my own picup out of coper piping and it works great

Quick Reply: blown motor..KNOCK KNOCK