blown motor..KNOCK KNOCK

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 02:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: blown motor..KNOCK KNOCK

Originally Posted by Duffman
i torqued mine to spec too bro, yank the pan and check that **** out
yeah i figured you did, seeing as how you were in school to be a mechnic. ill check it out next week and let you guys know whats up. ill be fukin pissed if thats what caused this to happen.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:01 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

The special oils are bullshit just make sure things are lubed well when you reasseemble, so things arent running dry when you first fire it up after the rebuild. The problem with using 2 different motors to replace bearings is that the bearings in one motor 90% wont be the ones you need for the other. There are usually 4 different sizes marked by colour for the case bearings and rods, and the ones you need depend on the numbers stamped on the crank and engine cases. For example your blown bearing might be a brown BE bearing and the other motor might not have a brown BE bearings in it. some motors end up with a different size for each rod, or a mix of all the sizes. If you dont spec them right they'll be too tight or too loose, and you'll be back where you are knockin away.

Best thing for you is to tare them apart and see what you can use. Then take the good crank, rods(rods if you take 1 from another motor has to have the exact lenght), and good cases. Take the rod, case, and crank numbers and calculate the bearing sizes and buy all new bearings plastiguage them if all is good you have a brand new bottom end.

I'd prrice it all out first though theres alot of things that need to be reeplaced when you disassemble them. Your not supposed to use the rod bolts and nuts again after you loosen them.
All new bearings case and rod for my 03 R6 I rebuild was 200$ Canadian and the crank I got at dealer cost for 400$ Canadain.

Was it worth it yeah but only becasue I had 2000+ invested in internal engine mods
Old 02-11-2005, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
The special oils are bullshit just make sure things are lubed well when you reasseemble, so things arent running dry when you first fire it up after the rebuild. The problem with using 2 different motors to replace bearings is that the bearings in one motor 90% wont be the ones you need for the other. There are usually 4 different sizes marked by colour for the case bearings and rods, and the ones you need depend on the numbers stamped on the crank and engine cases. For example your blown bearing might be a brown BE bearing and the other motor might not have a brown BE bearings in it. some motors end up with a different size for each rod, or a mix of all the sizes. If you dont spec them right they'll be too tight or too loose, and you'll be back where you are knockin away.

Best thing for you is to tare them apart and see what you can use. Then take the good crank, rods(rods if you take 1 from another motor has to have the exact lenght), and good cases. Take the rod, case, and crank numbers and calculate the bearing sizes and buy all new bearings plastiguage them if all is good you have a brand new bottom end.

I'd prrice it all out first though theres alot of things that need to be reeplaced when you disassemble them. Your not supposed to use the rod bolts and nuts again after you loosen them.
All new bearings case and rod for my 03 R6 I rebuild was 200$ Canadian and the crank I got at dealer cost for 400$ Canadain.

Was it worth it yeah but only becasue I had 2000+ invested in internal engine mods

thanks man, thats what i was looking for.

anyone know how much a new 03 750 motor from suzuki might cost me? can i even get a new motor from suzuki? im going to turn the salvaged into a track bike and pick up a cheap f4i/929/954 i think. so i just want the thing to run right if i cant fix this motor cheap.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Duffman
make sure this didn't happen, stuntex pick up fell off
Note to self use a **** load of red loctite when installing Stuntex oil pick up on friends 04 GSXR next week!

That really sux man! So what happened? The bolts backed all the way out and the pickup and bolts were boucning around?
Old 02-11-2005, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by -MXD-

anyone know how much a new 03 750 motor from suzuki might cost me? can i even get a new motor from suzuki? im going to turn the salvaged into a track bike and pick up a cheap f4i/929/954 i think. so i just want the thing to run right if i cant fix this motor cheap.
My best friend was askin the same thing at the end of last season when his 02 GSXR 600 was knockin. I would havee rebuilt it for him for free but whats the point of spending all that money to put a brand new bottom end in a motor with 60,000KM on the rest of the parts

So I ended up buying him a 04 GSXR 600 motor 161 miles on it complete with all wirring, ECU, throttle bodies, rad.........basically everything for 750$ US
Old 02-11-2005, 03:30 PM

My best friend was askin the same thing at the end of last season when his 02 GSXR 600 was knockin. I would havee rebuilt it for him for free but whats the point of spending all that money to put a brand new bottom end in a motor with 60,000KM on the rest of the parts

So I ended up buying him a 04 GSXR 600 motor 161 miles on it complete with all wirring, ECU, throttle bodies, rad.........basically everything for 750$ US

i bought the motor off ebey....got fuked, im not doing that again unless i personally know the guy. didnt have enough friction plates, so it didnt start at first. he said it only had 2200 miles on it. then i check out his other auction. same thing, 03 750 motor with 2200 miles on it. what a coincedence. i think the motor was fuked from the beginning

i just want to buy a new motor if i cant fix this one.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:09 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

Note to self use a **** load of red loctite when installing Stuntex oil pick up on friends 04 GSXR next week!

That really sux man! So what happened? The bolts backed all the way out and the pickup and bolts were boucning around?
i used red toctice, ya i guess the bolts backed out, i wouldn't say they were bouncing around. My oil light had been flickering all week, just like i didn't have the pick up, then i was rollin slow thru a parking lot when i heard some serious knocking, looked down, then it just locked up on me and almost threw me over the front. the transmission locked, so pulling in the clutch did nothing. the day before it happened we were at a local airstrip and i was practicing coasters, after like 3 passes i packed up cause my back was hurting me. 3rd wheelie the next night it locked, so it would have been ugly if i stayed at the air strip. Anyways I had to remove the transmission to get the base out, it was sitting on top of the gears and there was no other way to get it out, it sucked.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:58 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
how much longer before they are done being made i made my own picup out of coper piping and it works great
WHAT BIKE DO YOU RIDE? ILL HAVE THE F4I DONE FIRST, THEN THE 900, AND 929 LAST. THATS COOL THAT YOUR INVENTION WORKS. OURS SEEMS TO BE FOOL PROOF BUT EASY TO INSTALL FOR THE LESS-MECHANICALLY INCLINED. ETA 1 MONTH
Old 02-11-2005, 07:31 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -MXD-

good call, don't mean to trash kawasaki or suzuki or yamaha, but I'm a honda guy and think you'll be happier with an F4i or 929/954, ride em and find out what you like, I would get an F4I if I was to do it all over again----anyway you look at it, you got the ultimate hookup on the cage situation, and to do a 12 bar all you need is the steel---you got everything else to do the work.....you're my hero!! j/k