Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

poll crash cages: come in and vote "pros"

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: poll crash cages: come in and vote "pros"

Originally Posted by Duffman
didn't you make a cage for jensen's bike back in the day?

i ride 905 and i love it, no problems here, in fact a couple years ago they drove all the way out to orange county from san diego to pick up me and a couple other guys bikes(including MXD's bike)then drove them all the way back out to drop them off. and for the oil filter problem, that was their first design, they redesigned their cages over a year ago to not hit the filter
yeah, that was our first or second cage. but we were just a backyard shop then. it took 12 hours to make with 4 people working on it

i tried to get the bike back from him but he said his bike was messed up. so im going to use jun's bike. im supposed to pick it up this week.

and i agree with you on 905s service, its one of the best in the industry. we do the same thing. how did they fix the oil filter problem?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by -MXD-
yeah, that was our first or second cage. but we were just a backyard shop then. it took 12 hours to make with 4 people working on it

i tried to get the bike back from him but he said his bike was messed up. so im going to use jun's bike. im supposed to pick it up this week.

and i agree with you on 905s service, its one of the best in the industry. we do the same thing. how did they fix the oil filter problem?
Fact is this Moms 2x4 thog almost got more votes then you. I'm just stating facts the way I see them.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Schwartz
Fact is this Moms 2x4 thog almost got more votes then you. I'm just stating facts the way I see them.

fact is my company wasnt even on the poll until 905 and FI had like 30 votes each, and i voted for the 2x4 with mommas thong. i think that works the best anyways, these cage things are just a waste of money anyways
Old 02-21-2005, 03:53 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

the bar run's higher than it did so it's above the oil filter
Old 02-21-2005, 04:04 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

fact is my company wasnt even on the poll until 905 and FI had like 30 votes each, and i voted for the 2x4 with mommas thong. i think that works the best anyways, these cage things are just a waste of money anyways
dude....you are so FULL OF ****...and everyone can see it...
what u have done in this thread with all ur **** talk is *** it up for future sales. good going...one BS lie after the next.

FI OR 905 still DONT have 30 votes a piece....ive been watchting this thread from the begining...905 had 5 and FI had 2 when u got in...so stop fukin lieing...

FI is in Tucker Rockey....mxd is all talk...so u can keep making **** up...
but FI is the choice...if u continue to talk ****...its just going to make mxd look really bad...u can see that they are starving for money...if they have morons like u making them look bad.....go back to ur hole...

its kinda obvious that u dont do much welding...ur on here all the time talkin ****
Old 02-21-2005, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Robbie
dude....you are so FULL OF ****...and everyone can see it...
what u have done in this thread with all ur **** talk is *** it up for future sales. good going...one BS lie after the next.

FI OR 905 still DONT have 30 votes a piece....ive been watchting this thread from the begining...905 had 5 and FI had 2 when u got in...so stop fukin lieing...

FI is in Tucker Rockey....mxd is all talk...so u can keep making **** up...
but FI is the choice...if u continue to talk ****...its just going to make mxd look really bad...u can see that they are starving for money...if they have morons like u making them look bad.....go back to ur hole...

its kinda obvious that u dont do much welding...ur on here all the time talkin ****
the reason im on here all the time is because i have a day job. i do mxd from 5-whenever im finished with the orders and 9am-10pm on the weekends. Honestly im very glad FI got into Tucker Rockey, its VERY good for the industry. i dont understand why everyone thinks i hate FI or 905. i want them both to suceed, it helps EVERYONE. the more people with cages on their bikes, the better it helps the industry.

and come on now, i said had LIKE 30 votes, obviously its an exageration. when have i lied robbie?

so far ive said 905 knocks off oil filters, ive seen it in person. ive also said 905 hits your shins, which is also true, i did on my 750. maybe not all models, but definitly on the gsxrs and the 03 r6. my buddy and i put some pvc insulator on them to pad them

then i said FI causes motor mounts to break, obviously its true, theres pics of it on this site all the time. and very rarely do you see other people complain about broken mounts from other cage manufacturers.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Duffman
the bar run's higher than it did so it's above the oil filter

so now people have to drill out the fairings? thats a good idea, i dont understand why people ***** about cutting fairings anways. if people are worried about their plastics, they should take them off
Old 02-21-2005, 06:08 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

arent you the guy that asked me to cut and reweld your FI 12 bar? obviously im not the only one that thinks they need to redesign some of their products.

only because i bought the one that allows you to keep the stock tail light. ive since bought the pro series thats 4 inches shorter......works perfectly
Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 PM

...and i didnt mean for this to become a hate MXD thread, im just saying you need to just say why your cage is good, dont say negative things about the others while you do it.........let the poeple that actually have had these experiences speak for themselves

take the high road
Old 02-21-2005, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
...and i didnt mean for this to become a hate MXD thread, im just saying you need to just say why your cage is good, dont say negative things about the others while you do it.........let the poeple that actually have had these experiences speak for themselves

take the high road

i AM speaking from experience. ive had both types of cages. im not talking ****, im just speaking from my PERSONAL experience. ive had these same opinions before i had my company, in fact its the reason i started this company. i thought i could make a better product at a cheaper price and hopefully help the sport grow. ive always tried to sponsor the little guys, because the big guys dont need it, and i will continue to do that.

i guess from now on, ill try to keep their names out of my mouth, but many times im asked why choose MXD over 905 or FI....then i have to give my personal and honest opinion. i guess you could say its biased but i really dont think it is. i just started making 12 bars, but if someone asked me who makes the best 12 bar, i would honestly tell them 905. we havent done the research yet to know that ours are better, therefore i wouldnt suggest ours just yet. maybe after i have some feedback and people tell me its the best 12 bar they have ever had, then ill say ours is the best and actually mean it.

**** gets carzy here sometimes, things get blown out of proportion way too much. a simple opinion turns into slander which turns into lies and eventually **** gets personal. the thread was "pros who has the best cage". i make cages as a profession, i think that gives me the right to give an opinion on the subject. i know patrick has said **** about our track cages not working at all, and they will bend. i bet he hasnt even seen our track cage in person ever. and living canvas, these last parts arent towards you, they know who they are.

and for the last time- I WANT 905 and FI to both be successful--IT HELPS THE SPORT GROW- which in turn, helps my business grow. i know this is a hard concept for SOME people to understand.

i dont make money off MXD, maybe some beer and food while we work. i like the sport and i know most people are broke from it, i just try to help out a little. living canvas can vouch for that, i offered to weld his **** up for FREE, and have offered countless other people my time at no cost.....and i get paid alot at my day job. i could be making WAY more being a youth soccer coach as well, but i like this, so thats what i do. if anyone is ever in riverside, stop by the shop and ill buy you a beer

and to the haters that just talk **** to talk ****
Old 02-21-2005, 08:07 PM

jay up on one is an unknown quantity at this point

My buddy just put a 905 cage on his bike and the first ****ing crash the ****in thing got jammed into the freekin' cover and cracked the ****in thing. I just ordered one two days before for the look of it, and i think i just fudged my freekin self!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:11 PM

^^^^what kind of bike?
Old 02-21-2005, 08:15 PM

jay up on one is an unknown quantity at this point

it was a 99 gsxr
Old 02-21-2005, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by jay up on one
My buddy just put a 905 cage on his bike and the first ****ing crash the ****in thing got jammed into the freekin' cover and cracked the ****in thing. I just ordered one two days before for the look of it, and i think i just fudged my freekin self!!!!!!!!
not touching that one with a ten foot pole right now

hit me up bro, i have what you need and im sure at a little better price too
Old 02-22-2005, 03:06 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought a F.I. cage and 12-Bar for my 929. And a 12-Bar for my 50 the only thing i am not sur ei like is the 12-Bar for the 929 because you have to drill the sub-frame... i heard it was better the mount up stuff with exhaust clamps... but i'm gonna follow the instructions. I just heard it was a bad thing to cut your frame and or sub-frame for strength purposes....(i can't spell for $hit) Other then that i love the cage and bar the look i am afried to crash and test it it looks so nice powder-coated
Old 02-22-2005, 06:30 PM

yes powder coat is the only way to go. and when it does hit, it does peel off like paint. only if they could powder coat plasitcs, maybe one day