Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

poll crash cages: come in and vote "pros"

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Stunt Pimp

Pat-trick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: poll crash cages: come in and vote "pros"

Originally Posted by Schwartz
FI or what ever works for you. Fi has the most feedback because it was the 1st one out there. They probly have the most out there and concidering the applacation things are gonna get broken.

exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
what are you then? a pro ho?

**** FI cages.. **** ripped my subframe clean off my gsxr 1 wreck!!

RACING 905 is the only way to go. do a test. order a 905 cage and a FI cage tomorrow. only pay for the one u get on time..

905 helps this sport more than any other people i know..

-kane

....for one thing, gsxr subframes and tabs are weak pieces of ****

......and as for 905's service? i ordered a stunt stay from them on Jan 27th. the guy told me they were in stock and they would be here the following mon or tue.......i didnt get them. i called wed the 2nd, they said they would call me back........they didnt .........i called fri the 4th, and they told me it would be here on mon or tue...again well, needless to say, i didnt get it today either, so i called them up AGAIN. he had to call me back and he said they were just now putting it in a box. that means its not getting shipped till tomorrow morning at best. that means like two more days. that fuking means i cant put my bike back together for two more fuking days. my bike is my only transpo too. (BTW my stock stay is fuked up from a car hitting me).

I have had nothing but good service from Tim at FI. He has been really helpful with me.......not to mention my cage on my 929 has held up really well( i have the new chromoly one). i have ordered a cage, a bar, and then a pro series bar, and all have come when they said they would. :YEAH

BTW, i called Tim today to see if they made a stunt stay( they dont) but he did tell me that an RC51 stay will fit, so if anyone wants to use that piece of advice to avoid 905's $200+ stunt stay, please do. he said that the only thing is that the bolts that go through that mirror perch to the stay are like a half inch off, so just drill new holes in the fairing. :YEAH
Old 02-09-2005, 09:14 PM

sticky7841 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone

RACING 905 is the only way to go. do a test. order a 905 cage and a FI cage tomorrow. only pay for the one u get on time..

905 helps this sport more than any other people i know..

-kane
I ordered a POWERS cage for my 954, it came within 2 weeks. First problem was one of the bolts was way too long and bottomed out. Then when we tried to mount the cage, we would put one bolt in and none of the others would line up. Lastly, the cage hit the oil filter housing. I like POWERS cage design and their customer service but mine didnt fit.

I ordered a 905 racing cage tonight and had a question about the style. The guy called me right back and answered my question. I ordered the cage and everything went smooth. I told him I needed the cage really soon and he made a note of that and is sending it out. They have real good customer service and I am glad I went with them.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 PM

r6stunter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

any of u guys hafta bend a 905 back i need a lil help i think the next step is to drop it on the other side
Old 02-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
....for one thing, gsxr subframes and tabs are weak pieces of ****

thats kind of a stupid place to mount a cage to, dont you think? it doesnt have to be mounted on the weakest point of the bike
Old 02-10-2005, 03:31 PM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm callin MXD on Monday to see how the 9RR cage comes out. They look really well put together.

-Lotus-
Old 02-10-2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lotus
I'm callin MXD on Monday to see how the 9RR cage comes out. They look really well put together.

-Lotus-
i still dont have the bike. ive called yesterday and i just left another message 2 minutes ago. i did get a truck(not me, but one of my partners) so i can pick it up now. ill see if i can have it picked up this weekend, but i cant know for sure.

its crazy, you would think the 900rr would be the easiest bike to get, buts its almost a nightmare getting it
Old 02-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not in a huge hurry--too bad I'm this far away,otherwise you could use mine. Make sure to post up when you get it finished.

-Lotus_
Old 02-10-2005, 04:15 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

mxd cages is the way to go......thing paid for itself the day i installed it....well jeff/mxd installed it while i watched and got drunk...but i hit the ground hard with it and there isnt scratch on my bike and i kept riding the rest of the day...the cage didnt even bend.....very good product....great service and pricing as well....: 2 cents.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:50 PM

take a look at the list. do you notice anything that i notice. all these guys were the FIRST people to actually rock cages, and at the time, FI was the only cage company out there. they hooked these people up, and the people stayed loyal.

i see maybe 2 new up & coming stunters. wonder why? maybe its becasue they realized that other cages were better and went with the newer designs. they didnt owe tim a favor and therefore went out and got a better product

Originally Posted by Pat-trick
acually these are the people i know who rock the F I cages and wheelie bars

Brandon- Pure Bred Riders

Rick- Pure Bred Riders
Chauncy Veria - Core 6

Darius Khashabi - SBF California

Dustin Aptgar - Something Feirce Freestyle AZ

Jacob Darnell - Hooligans TX

Jason Britton - No Limits California

Johnny - KC Most Wanted
Kyle Woods - Triple XXX Extreme

Matt Gorka 1096

Thew Langstrom 1096

Nick Hill - Scooter Trash

Tim Barnes - Point of Balance

David Martin - Point of Balance

Philip Smith - Point of Balance

Lee Houston - Point of Balance

Aaron Brunelle - Geared Up

Jacon Brunelle - Geared Up

Derrick Daigle - (D-Mann)

Anthony D'Orsi - Tony D Freestyle

Duk - Pure Bred Riders

Patrick Stephens - Patrick Stephens Freestyle

Jamie Cotner - Loose Cannon Extreme

Wheelie Boys
Old 02-10-2005, 05:00 PM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

im gonna have to go with freestyle .out of all the crashes i have been in and when i learned how to 12 etc.. all i broke was 2 sliders freestyle is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:43 AM

......im not down with talking **** on other companies to further your own.......MXD im looking your way..........

seems like a pretty low way to gain business to me..........
Old 02-15-2005, 07:50 PM

......im not down with talking **** on other companies to further your own.......MXD im looking your way..........

seems like a pretty low way to gain business to me..........
i just tell things how i see them. if i think the product doesnt work well from my own experience, then ill let other people know about it.

i think 905 makes some good products, and i compete with them more than i do FI. call it what you want, ill give my honest opinion whenever asked. just because someone makes the same poduct as mine, i cant give my honest opinion?

its not like im on here saying false things, if i was saying things like FI sucks and i have never tried out their cages, then yes, it would be bad business. but i HAVE tried out their cages, just like ive tried out 905s cage, so therefore i feel i am entitled to give my 2 cents. ive never said anything about powers, because i personally have never tried them.

maybe you shouldnt ride a bike then, cause all the top manufacturers say things about how their products works better than their competitors
Old 02-15-2005, 09:42 PM

YAMAHAULASS! is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I don't have any cage yet and I am looking for one. Just need to save up some money I did however order one from 905 and I was so pleased with their service, they were even nice to me when I explained how the design was in the way of my chins and I wanted to return it. I sent it back and got a refund, minus a restocking fee. I am considering a FI just because from what little pics I have seen from the other companies, the FI looks as thought it wont hit my chins. It also looks allot lighter, but I could be wrong.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Stunt Pimp

Pat-trick is an unknown quantity at this point

howdey , how is everyone. well i would like to say . i am the most drama free person you would ever like to meet. i am always in good spirits. i like to clown and have a good time.

i think that all these cage companys make the same product. they all do a good job. none of them are going to pertect you bike 100 % of the time.

i have never tried mxd, 905, or powers. so i cant give my opinon about them . i am sure they all have a good product too.

but, mxd guy , i feel alot of negative energy from you all the time. seems like you are not a happy person. people like to be assocaited with positive people. people like to do business with someone that dose not put down others for personal gain.

freestyle ingnuity dose not come on here and defend them self because they are to busy . they just signed a deal with tucker rock . they are in their 2005 catalog. just the first order FI is making for them is 10,000 cages.

so needless to say they have a great product ..

so good luck with everything.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I have a 905 cage. Install was easy and it came really fast especially cause I have to pay for 2day air since i'm in Hawaii...I don't have an opinion on durability yet since I haven't dropped my bike yet*knocks on wood*.. So far so good..
Old 02-16-2005, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pat-trick

but, mxd guy , i feel alot of negative energy from you all the time. seems like you are not a happy person. people like to be assocaited with positive people. people like to do business with someone that dose not put down others for personal gain.

no man you got me all wrong, i dont reallly get mad at anything. im probly one of the most chill people you will ever meet, but when i see bullshit, then i call it out. i dont really care if someone gets mad, ill say what i have to say, and its always going to be what i really feel.

i just think its bs when people that dont even use a product go "hey all the pros use it, why dont you?" when in reality, its bullshit.

and personal gain, i dont really make money off this company. i like to weld, i like to help out this sport and see it grow. i try to help out as many people as possible, as far as personal gain goes......how about i send out false letters from my lawyer claiming i have a patent, just so i can mark up my cages higher to make a greater profit......hows that for personal gain.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:40 AM

dude, its just that every time there is a thread about cages, you gotta say something negative about 905 or FI, then you usually throw in your little sales pitch right afterward. coming on and saying your cages features is fine, i mean you gotta advertise somehow, right?. but saying nothing but negative **** about other companies products, then throwing in a sales pitch right after, isnt cool to me. i could be wrong, but ive never read any posts from FI, 905, or POWERS, saying this one will break this, and that one will break that, 'give US a try'.

and nobody asked you anything, you just gave your negative opinion on rival companies cages.

....and i dont see bike manufactures talking **** on eachothers bikes. they just hype up their own bikes features.

...and you dont really 'know' that these pros only use it because they 'owe tim a favor', you just assumed that. i mean, all those pros could get equally sponsored with 905 too.

and im not defending FI just because i have one. i actually flipped a coin to choose between 905 and FI. ive got an FI now, and it works for me. ive crashed 12's on it and its fine. cages arent a magic force field around your bike. i know people with 905s that have nothing but good things to say about them too. im sure yours are nice too.

and how did you 'try them out'? can you even 12?

all im saying is try and cut the negativity with these cage posts, it gets old, and im sure im not the only one to notice it. probably some prospective customers did too

--Kendall
Old 02-20-2005, 06:34 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -MXD-
its crazy, you would think the 900rr would be the easiest bike to get, buts its almost a nightmare getting it
didn't you make a cage for jensen's bike back in the day?

i ride 905 and i love it, no problems here, in fact a couple years ago they drove all the way out to orange county from san diego to pick up me and a couple other guys bikes(including MXD's bike)then drove them all the way back out to drop them off. and for the oil filter problem, that was their first design, they redesigned their cages over a year ago to not hit the filter
Old 02-21-2005, 11:39 AM

and nobody asked you anything, you just gave your negative opinion on rival companies cages.

and how did you 'try them out'? can you even 12?
--Kendall
no i cant 12, youve exposed me but i can weld

i have others test out the cages for me. havent had a bad review yet. had one guy break a washer when crashing a 40mph 12. when someone hits their shins, we redesigned the cage.

before i had this company, i gave my honest opinion on here. i had a FI and a 905. i have ALWAYS hated the FI design and i have always liked the 905 design. but i also have always said the 905 has flaws. this was before i had a company. when a customer ASKS me why to get our cage over their cage, i have to give them my honest opinion, otherwise i will get a rep of being a bullshitter. which is something im not. if there is a problem, i tell people. if i dont have a product people are looking for, i send them to 905. i think they make good products and have always said that. but i have never sent people to FI because i dont think they make good products.

arent you the guy that asked me to cut and reweld your FI 12 bar? obviously im not the only one that thinks they need to redesign some of their products.

and ive never said anything negative that wasnt the truth. if there is a downside to my product, i wish 905 or FI would say something about it. i would take it into consideration and redesign it. its how the industry gets stronger and how better products are made.

Quick Reply: poll crash cages: come in and vote "pros"