Finally bought the bike! ! ! wat to do now??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:44 AM

jayrizo is a decent person
Re: Finally bought the bike! ! ! wat to do now??

You should get a cage. Right now powers is not making any so you cant order one but I would go with FI
Old 02-02-2005, 01:13 AM

TeboNator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayrizo
So you have a gs500 huh? that funny so do I! I have a 04 and mine wouldn't start one night. It ends up the cylinder wasnt getting any oil pressure so the dealership is fixing mine under warranty! They are also doing the cams for free! :YEAH
hahah.. I was finally starting to roll my wheelies on my GS about 10 feet or so, and it was running fine. Till I tried to get to work the day after, the engine just blew on me.. I fried a cylinder and pistons.. so pissed that I still can't fix it, that I just bought a new bike...

Yea, I'm trying to get her up there.. I'm just scared of first gear, cuz it's so twitchy (and, cuz last time I tried to wheelie this bike in first gear, I dug my nuts into the gas tank).. Lookin' to get a cage b4 I try anything super stupid.. I'm not too scared of dropping a sitdown or a straddled wheelie though.. It's the stoppies, JC's, and all the other wierd stuff that I'm worried about.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:54 AM

Hajinomoto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice 2nd bike choice. I started on a GS500 2001 too. Tony D is 100% on the money about the comparison.I ride an F3 now. BTW 1st gear may be twitchy, but that engine brake has saved my azz more than once when I forgot about using that rear brake.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 AM

YAMAHAULASS! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeboNator
I just want the 12 bar cuz I know I'm gonna end up looping it.. Maybe if I left the plate off while riding regularly, people wouldn't think much... then again, that IS wishful thinking.. I got the basics down pretty well.. Basic riding and all, I'v ebeen riding a while.. but just thought about stunting recently.. It's just so different w/ a 600i4, as opposed to my old 500 Vtwin

I am not sure but a 12 bar probably will not save a bike from a "good loop or loops" Most of the pros gently bring the bike back onto the 12 bar, also thier subframes are usually reenforced
Old 02-02-2005, 10:52 AM

When i took my 500 t othe dealer ship i thought i was F**Kd but they were like. It will be covered under one year warranty but its going to take a while we have to replace the cylinder and rings and while were at it we will replace the cam and head! :YEAH
Old 02-02-2005, 10:54 AM

it sux though because thats my only transportation right now Im thinking about a 636 maybe
Old 02-03-2005, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hajinomoto1
Nice 2nd bike choice. I started on a GS500 2001 too. Tony D is 100% on the money about the comparison.I ride an F3 now. BTW 1st gear may be twitchy, but that engine brake has saved my azz more than once when I forgot about using that rear brake.

oh hell.. that was THEE Tony D?? lol.. squid to the fullest.. Thanks a lot for the help TonyD, Name's Tony too.. TonyQ, but daym.. hahah.. How was europe btw?? sorry for all the wierd questions, I'm a noob tryin to get w/ da program I guess u could say.. ANyways, Tried a few wheelies earlier, and I guess it isn't too bad, specially in 1st gear. It doesn't go up as fast as I thought it would. So it's cool. I should go back out 2morrow after work n' stuff. BTW, that engine brake is what killed me last time.. I let go of the throttle once the front came up, and it slammed back down, slamming my nuts into the tank.. but hey, I'll try harder.. I'm thinkin' a few hours in an empty parking lot, would help me out.. but hey, we'll see. . . . Hahah.. I feel special now.. TonyD's tryin to help me out.. thanks a bunch dude ! ! !
Old 02-03-2005, 01:33 AM

was just lookin' at getting a better sprocket.. Thinkin' about getting that 1up 2down ratio.. question though.. What's the diff w/ a 520 chain. Is it really necessary?

Ok.. this bike is bone stock when I got it, so basics first.. Sprocket set, muffler, cage, and what else? Selling the GS to make money for aftermarket parts=) (not getting much for it, since it's all blowed up.) :D
Old 02-07-2005, 12:41 AM

just sold my old bike, so now lookin' for parts.. game plan: Buy parts in this order: 905 cage, exhaust (yoshi, or similar.), nicer windscreen, and maybe an undertail
Old 02-07-2005, 12:50 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Don't worry about the exhaust, get a 520 with -1 +5, it'll give you more power than any exhaust will and you're gonna need your bike quiet if you wanna do wheelies. 520 will increase your HP by about 5% just because of less mass with even stock sprockets.