Dumped 929 w/Powers Cage-Busted Stator Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:55 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Dumped 929 w/Powers Cage-Busted Stator Cover

Well, it came down pretty hard from 12--I scraped about 50 feet and was going a bitt faster than normal--Hit the powers cage and I walked over thinking I was going to pick it up and keep stunting until all the oil dumped out. My stator cover ate ****. And my cage is pushed in about 2mm away from the stator case. This happen to anyone else?

Im putting a new cover on as soon as possible and Im thinking about having a support bar welded across the lower tubular section of the cage....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:00 AM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: Dumped 929 w/Powers Cage-Busted Stator Cover

blahhhh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	119835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0792.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	119836   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0825.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	119837  
Old 01-25-2005, 12:05 AM

I was thinking about having a plate of reinforced steel or a bar welded across the bottom loop of the cage over the stator cover..but If it hits again the cage might bend in and shatter the stator cover.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Support.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	119841  
Old 01-25-2005, 12:41 AM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

that shi7 happened to me a couple of weeks ago on my R6. was doing slow sitdowns, went back to far and hit bar crooked dumped my shi7 and cracked the alternator cover hence puddle of earl mine was a 905 cage. have you dropped it on that side before. I think my problem was I dropped it on that side a few times prior and bent the cage in to were the cover was exposed but I never noticed that. Got me an NRC cover now and straightened the cage back as much as possible. Guess it doesn't matter what cage ya got...shi7 happens

I'll take a broken cover over a broken bone any day...nah mean??? stay safe

l8r
Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 AM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

shoulda bought a FI cage

www.freestyleingenuity.com
Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 AM

Yea I dropped it on the left side maybe 4 or 5 times before it finally ate **** today. I just took the cage off--I had to pry the living crap out of it and beat it with a rubber mallet before it broke loose--no cracks or stress marks on the cage which is good.

Whats a NRC cover? Is that the aftermarket billet pieces?

I'm bringing the cage to the welder tomarrow and reinforcing the crap out of it--I'll post pics as soon as I bring it home.....
Old 01-25-2005, 02:16 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve

FI cage is garbage.I put mine in the garbage where it belongs and got myself 905.Fi will **** your bike up.powers looks almost like 905 just weaker.U will bust your case with any cage if u usually crash on same side.get an after market one,like vortex.I got it, it made a dent in the cage when it finally hit it but nothing happen.everything is
Old 01-25-2005, 02:42 AM

Yea I'll look into aftermarket covers---but I'm still reinforcing my cage tomarrow...I'll post up pics.....
Old 01-25-2005, 03:05 AM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bikes arent made to smash up.. Any cage is better than no cage.. but I rock FI.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:20 AM

calif4i is an unknown quantity at this point

You should try a MXD cage. They are made of stainless steel and already comes with a support bar in the middle. I drop my F4i from a 12 attempt and nothing happen.

www.MXDcages.com
Old 01-25-2005, 06:34 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by R1Alvin
Yea I'll look into aftermarket covers---but I'm still reinforcing my cage tomarrow...I'll post up pics.....
Dude sorry but that's dumb.That bar is not going to do ****! Only way to make strong cage is to make one out of stronger metal tubes.But than u will start braking frame! 905 can make u one, if u don't care, and just want cage that won't even move when u hit the ground. Only way is keep swapping cages and get aftermarket cover. I don't know about FI o powers or anything else but 905 will replace with a new one if they can't fix old one for real cheap.

Art
Old 01-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

i rock my woodcraft case cover under my cage... www.woodcraft-cfm.com

by far the prettiest looking aftermarket case cover, and it has a removeable slider so you can replace it when it gets worn...
Old 01-25-2005, 09:18 AM

SMASHIOgsxr600 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn this is an expensive sport___why im broke all the time!!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:49 AM

WRooster250F is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a FI cage. tipped over from 12 a few times on each side...same f'n thing. broken case on both sides.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:08 AM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by R1Alvin
Yea I dropped it on the left side maybe 4 or 5 times before it finally ate **** today. I just took the cage off--I had to pry the living crap out of it and beat it with a rubber mallet before it broke loose--no cracks or stress marks on the cage which is good.

Whats a NRC cover? Is that the aftermarket billet pieces?

I'm bringing the cage to the welder tomarrow and reinforcing the crap out of it--I'll post pics as soon as I bring it home.....
Niagara race craft. They are an aftermarket race shop hat makes cast covers. Ugliest you can buy, but cheap and strong. I'd spring for the woodcraft.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:41 AM

Apparantly Woodcraft and NRC dont make parts for the 929. Only one's I found were Lockhart Phillips and Pro-Tek. I'm not a big fan of LP and The Pro Tek is made out of Aluminum so--I see no point in wasting 260+ dollars on that. I'm still searching.....dammit
Old 01-25-2005, 10:50 AM

ANybody use Pro Tek covers? Is billet aluminum pretty rugged? I might get one--277 dollars---ouch---ramen noodle time.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:52 AM

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN
shoulda bought a FI cage

www.freestyleingenuity.com
Yeah, Tim makes some strong *** **** there. One of the guys I ride with has put his throught its paces time and time again... It's he does is add more scratches
Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

"Is billet aluminum pretty rugged?"

Are you kiddin me! billet is the strongest you can get for covers.

I looped my R6 at 120KMH it went end over end smashing the covers. I had Circuit1 billets on both sides. It didnt spill a drop and I was able to ride it back.

After those I bought Billet Techs they were almost exactly the same but cheaper.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

the aftermarket case covers will break your engine case before they break...combine them with a cage and you are good to go...

i got the new FI cage on and no problems as of yet.

Quick Reply: Dumped 929 w/Powers Cage-Busted Stator Cover