Efficient Endos Anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:05 PM

GSXRluvr is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Efficient Endos Anyone???

Alright so i have been doing stopppies for a while now... But i have one problem. The more i do em the better i get... but once i really start bangin it up, my rotars warp like a ****! I know the Galfer rotars dont warp supposidly, but those puppies are like 3 bills a piece! Not including pads. So my question is, does anyone know how to make em last? Cause im going through them like toilet paper.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:10 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Efficient Endos Anyone???

Originally Posted by GSXRluvr
Alright so i have been doing stopppies for a while now... But i have one problem. The more i do em the better i get... but once i really start bangin it up, my rotars warp like a ****! I know the Galfer rotars dont warp supposidly, but those puppies are like 3 bills a piece! Not including pads. So my question is, does anyone know how to make em last? Cause im going through them like toilet paper.
im not understanding. they warp when u bring up stoppies then they unwarp? thats uhhhh different
Old 01-25-2005, 02:47 PM

Sorry... I have been running stock rotars and am on my third set now. I have ****ed up the past two sets from stoppies and i dont have the money to get the "galfer rotars" that supposidly do not warp at all. IT seems like once i finally start holding my stoppies, i have to buy another damn set of rotars ... (or trade) like i have been doing. So, im just checkin to see if anyone does stoppies often and knows how to save em, cause im on my third set in two months!
Old 01-25-2005, 03:03 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve

i never heard of rotors warping from stoppies. i dont see how its possable. have u checked out the calipers maybe there causing them to warp i have no idea.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:21 PM

stik6shift93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rotors shouldn't warp from endoing, your problem lies somewhere else. Rotors warp from extreme temperature changes, like if you spray your brakes with water after they're hot as hell. They can also warp if you don't have the rotor bolts torqued equally.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:07 PM

No way!!! Ok well then maybe its my pads??? Everytime i brake... usually between 35 and 20 mph, i can feel it shaking a bit... like the brakes are grabbing and slipping. This makes it kinda sketchy when grab em, but when i change the rotors its smooth again! And i can grab my brakes with confidence! I still have the stock pads from when i got it, and they have about 25 percent life left on em, so maybe its the pads that are ****in up my rotors??? Any ideas anyone?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:17 AM

Padros is an unknown quantity at this point

So you've kept replacing rotors but decided not to replace just about worn out pads? There's your answer bro. Change your pads first and see if your rotors are even warped at all. I have never warped rotors on any of my bikes from stoppies.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:42 PM

Alright!!! I changed the pads today and wow...... the pads feel amazing and its smooth again!!! What was i thinking not changing them before? Thanks for the advice Padros!