smell antifreeze and a small oil leak any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 01:48 AM

wicked r1 is an unknown quantity at this point
smell antifreeze and a small oil leak any ideas?

so yea when the bike is warm and i'm riding around everything is fine but at a stop light you can smell antifreeze like it's leaking out, but then i check and there is nothing burning of the radiator or anything and there's no over flow, and the temp is usually around 200 or so. anyone think they know what the hell it is?

also i went down about 8 months ago and had to replace the stator cover ever since there has been a little drip leak at the bottom of the cover. i took off the gasket and replaced it twice everything seemed to fit and still a little leak. then i take it to the dealer ship they check it and say it's fine then still a little leak. any ideas what i did wrong
Old 01-07-2005, 03:46 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve
Re: smell antifreeze and a small oil leak any ideas?

maybe the leak is comein from somewhere else.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

put a teaspoon of pepper in your radiator...it will find the leak and plug it...i do this on almost all my bikes, cuz it is easy to get radiator tears when slamming down from wheelies all the time.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:31 PM

wicked r1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
put a teaspoon of pepper in your radiator...it will find the leak and plug it...i do this on almost all my bikes, cuz it is easy to get radiator tears when slamming down from wheelies all the time.

and this isn't harmful to the radiator at all?????? i've never heard of this but i'm willing to give it a try if it'll keep my baby safe.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:58 AM

or u could get some rad stop leak. instead of the pepper the pepper wont last as long as a stop leak compound. if u want it to be good for a few days then try the pepper thing. but........if u want it to be a non leaking system for a long time then go with the super stop leak. its non harmfull. just pour it in the rad and warm the bike up then let it do all the work on plugging the leak. its got a mind of its own once its in ur rad.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:09 AM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, That Sh#t Can Plug Holes That You Dont Want To Plug. Wash And Dry Your Bike Real Good, Get Some Foot Powder Or Baby Powder And Put It On The Radiator Or Places Of Suspected Leaks. Run The Bike, Or Drive It, And The Leaks Will Show Up Through The Powder. Check Around The Water Pump For Coolant Leaks As Well As The Radiator. For The Oil Leak- You Have To Put Gasket Sealer Where The Engine Cases Mate Together, Combined With The Gasket On The Cover. Let Me Know If That Helps.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:57 PM

actually mr ryan smith it wont. itll plug small leaks not harming anything in ur coolant system. i ran stop leak in my system for a couple months and the **** worked awsome like.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:19 PM

Its Designed To Block Holes, If You Think That It Is Not Blocking Others (to The Head, Etc.) Then Thats Just Your Opinion. Not Saying That It Wont Work As A Quick Fix Temporarily, But Try To Explain Why Or How Something Designed To Plug A Hole Has The Brain To Decide What Hole To Plug. Ive Used That Sh#t Before Too But Just So I Could Continue Riding For The Day. After That I Fixed The Radiator And Flushed The Coolant From The Motor. I Try To Do Everything By The Book To Get A Longer Life From My Bikes And I Do It For A Living Too. If You Can Back Your Opinion Up With Facts Then Maybe You Know Better, But Until Then Im Keeping Mine.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:46 PM

mr ryan smith.... i am backed up with the facts cuz ive doin it. and that stop leak could possabliy clog up the small holes in the thermostat or any where a small passage is located but its not likely cuz there so much pressure that keeps the **** moving when it finds a LEAK the pressure will hold it like a frickin weld against the leaking hole. see now a passage u have the **** flowing trough it constantly so its not likely that it will just stop in the middle of the passage and clog it from the constant pressure. so if the bike startes to over heat then u MUST flush it out before u run the engine any longer cuz it has most likey cloged a small nipple or passage way. but in the monthes i had it in my system i did NOT have a problem at all.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:50 PM

soory i dont think u got my edited post mr ryan smith cuz u were in here while i was editing it so please refresh and take another read.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:52 PM

i still had some edititing to do to my post but it wont let me so it will have to stand like that and i hopefully silenced u.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by kingtuts
mr ryan smith.... i am backed up with the facts cuz ive doin it. and that stop leak could possabliy clog up the small holes in the thermostat or any where a small passage is located but its not likely cuz there so much pressure that keeps the **** moving when it finds a LEAK the pressure will hold it like a frickin weld against the leaking hole. see now a passage u have the **** flowing trough it constantly so its not likely that it will just stop in the middle of the passage and clog it from the constant pressure. so if the bike startes to over heat then u MUST flush it out before u run the engine any longer cuz it has most likey cloged a small nipple or passage way. but in the monthes i had it in my system i did NOT have a problem at all.
NOT LIKELY DOESNT DO IT FOR ME, YOUR A FOOL IF YOU THINK RUNNING THAT SH#T IS THE SAME ON YOUR MOTOR AND COOLING SYSTEM AS A CORRECTLY RUNNING SYSTEM. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR BIKE, OF COURSE THE **** WILL WORK, OTHERWISE THEY COULDNT SELL IT. IT CAN ALSO CLOG PASSAGES, ITS A MAYBE FIX- PLAIN AND SIMPLE. JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM DOESNT MEAN THAT IT ALWAYS WORKS OR THAT IT DOESNT HAVE NEGATIVE AFFECTS. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I USED IT ONCE AND THEN I FLUSHED THE SYSTEM AND FIXED IT CORRECTLY TO AVOID ANY OTHER DAMAGE. YOU RIG SH#T, THATS FINE. I CHOOSE TO DO SH#T CORRECTLY. YOU NEED TO STAY IN YOUR PLACE WITH THAT SILENCE ME SH#T.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:05 PM

u make me laugh.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:06 PM

You Need To Laugh It Off, Thats Your Only Option.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:10 PM

lol hahahhahaha. i just dont feel like typin any more i hate typin im done with it for today.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:18 PM

You Should Have Let It Go 2 Posts Ago. People Should Be Able To Give There Opinion On Sh#t Without Others Getting All Pissed Off Because Theirs Is Different. My Opinion Is From 11 Years Of Riding Experience And 3 Years As A Registered Technician So Hit Me Up If You Need Anymore Advice, Youngster.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:46 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
You Should Have Let It Go 2 Posts Ago. People Should Be Able To Give There Opinion On Sh#t Without Others Getting All Pissed Off Because Theirs Is Different. My Opinion Is From 11 Years Of Riding Experience And 3 Years As A Registered Technician So Hit Me Up If You Need Anymore Advice, Youngster.

you sound pissed off... not tuts
Old 01-08-2005, 05:51 PM

Joey D is a decent person

Originally Posted by wangsta6
you sound pissed off... not tuts

And more importantly did Tuts just post about 3 times with completetly useful info? I'm impressed.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Mookz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
And more importantly did Tuts just post about 3 times with completetly useful info? I'm impressed.
I am too.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:14 PM

I am too, that guy is a joke.

Quick Reply: smell antifreeze and a small oil leak any ideas?