experience with powers bike worx

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 07:32 PM

texascbr900 is an unknown quantity at this point
experience with powers bike worx

Hey i got a 93 900rr and have pretty much decided to get the powers cage becasue it looks alot better than the 905. I've read alot about how well 905 holds up and their great customer service and was wondering if powers had the same. If anyone has dealt with powers i'd like to hear what yall think about them. thanks
Old 01-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: experience with powers bike worx

i like mine alot...been through some **** with it.....def takes a beatin and keeps on tickin.....and if u like ur motor mounts its good for keeping those in one piece to.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine through the local shop so I didn't deal w/ powers directly.....and I haven't crashed with it yet either....but it does look the best of all cages. What sold me was that a lot of the local stunters around here use them....oh and CBO.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:45 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

powers is the ****
Old 01-02-2005, 12:52 AM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

i havd had the cage for liek 5 montsh on my 954, dumping it softly at liek 15-20, no biggie

decmeber 31 2004, i 12 for teh first time, jumped off cause im a bitch, bike flew in teh air, sideways in teh air and came down full force on teh right side.

the cage is bent, and its what i expected and im happy it bent.

my ONLY flaw with powers is that they suck hard core at mounting and putting them on, HUGE PITA to fit on.

i wanna go FI cause it looks real nice, and fits nicer i know that. but the only flaws ive heard about powers or 905 are broekn welds, which are no problem cause i have a TIG and MIG welder. the only problems i have heard about FI are broken motor mounts. motor mounts on my 954 arent liek a car mount whereyou can buy anotehr one, its the frame. and when you fu-ck the frame up, you are fuc-ked!!! big time!!!

oh well, im glad it held up how it did. im glad the cage bent, money is not an issue to me. i would prefer to buy another cage than to total out my bike cause of a bent frame, i think i really want FI, but cause of the way teh powers reacted im willing to overlook the fact that they ar ethe worlds biggest PITA to put on, aligntment isnt 100%, but fu-ck it, im too lazy to make my own even with my own milling mahcine, TIG, MIG welders and with my nieghbors full mahcine hsop LOL

powers is good, get one
Old 01-02-2005, 12:55 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

um everytime you call to see if ur cage has been shipped "its at the powercoaters..itll be back next week"
Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Registered Stunter

Yeah it's quite a project getting it to fit.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Registered Stunter

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
um everytime you call to see if ur cage has been shipped "its at the powercoaters..itll be back next week"
hehe Z-UNIT, nice avatar.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:04 AM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw a Powers on my friends Gixxer 750 and hell he couldn't even put his plastics back on his bike. I don't know if it's the design or what I really didn't ask. I don't know about Powers, so I can'y say yeah or neah, but I can tell you that if you're thinking about a FI, you can't go wrong there. Just make sure you screw everything in tight and the motor mounts should be no problem..........Late.....Free Pimp C.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:12 AM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT

no man, the best one is this "it might be tweaked becuase of the powerdercoating"

no one cares, but i fabricate intake manifolds, i am a TIG and MIG welder, i have my own mahcine shop in my garage, huge milling machine, point being youre no way goonna tell me, a fabricator, that they tweak because of powercoating at a mere 600 degrees, no way in hell does metal tweak at that temp. it takes above 1000 at least degrees for stuff to start warping.

just say to me "our jig sucks, but the cage rocks" and i'll be happy

only reason i havent made oen myself yet is i dont get paid to work fo rme so it makes me lazy and i am not yet making bike stuff, just car stuff, i wanna just ride and not worry about making stuff and if i did i know i wouldnt spend more than 50$ on metal!!

your comment about tightening the cage FI so teh motor mounst dont break, i dont knwo if thats valid. all i know is this, i want FI without the possibiility of brekaing a motor mount as much as i hear. it just kills me to knwo its everyhting i want minus that comment about it and the scarping underneath, and powers, liek i sai dis just abitch to put on but very strong, i just happen to hit it at teh stupidest angle and bent it, no biggie to me
Old 01-02-2005, 05:50 AM

slikz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, mine took forever to get here (it was at the powdercoaters).... and umn, fitiment is pretty bad but I figured out away to get it on pretty good now.

Overall, two thumbs up.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:08 AM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

i wanted to get mine in white but for special orders it takes like 2 weeks.. but if ya get the black which they keep in stock i got it 2 days later.. great service for that and the cage takes some abuse
Old 01-02-2005, 01:07 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

ive taken hard crashes with an fi and never broken or ccracked a mtoromount most of teh time its jsut bent bolts or stripped threads in the motormount
Old 01-02-2005, 05:14 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I've dumped my 929 with a powers cage 7 times already from a 12 position. Cage took a good beating--the right side bent and I got a small hairline crack on one of the welds. Protects the HELL out of the bike but your upper fairing WILL hit hard--cage will do NOTHING to protect your upper. I have 2 uppers as 1--the top piece and bottom piece ziptied together LOL. I need one of them acerbis streetfighter thingies.

As for being a bitch to put on--the first 2-3 times was a pain--after that, it becomes less of a pain to install but more of a nuisance/annoyance to have to remove/install. Just my 2 cents!