What's more powerful, bouncing or clutching?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 04:47 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What's more powerful, bouncing or clutching?

to me you are going too fast. roll slowly, flip the throttle with clutch pulled, then release and pull. It you stand, left leg to the rear peg and weight to that peg.

You are going so fast you rev out.

JT
Old 01-14-2005, 05:52 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jaket
to me you are going too fast. roll slowly, flip the throttle with clutch pulled, then release and pull. It you stand, left leg to the rear peg and weight to that peg.

You are going so fast you rev out.

JT
Are you kidding me? I was balanced by 55mph. The point is that I clutched the hell out of second gear and pulled the bars hard full throttle.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:08 AM

I didn't see any balance, it just came up and went down. If it went down because you rev out, it's usually because you already went too fast.

Is that bike geared?

I used to clutch up my TL around maybe ~10mph, little faster then fast walking speed. You get it up soon and high, then you got lot of revs to run throught, even if you keep accelerating slowly. TL had almoust stock gearing. 17/43, when stock is 17/38. I didn't clutch it by fast pull to the clutch, but flipper the throttle and then launched it up. Standing on the rear peg with left leg.

JT
Old 01-14-2005, 06:35 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jaket
I didn't see any balance, it just came up and went down. If it went down because you rev out, it's usually because you already went too fast.

Is that bike geared?

I used to clutch up my TL around maybe ~10mph, little faster then fast walking speed. You get it up soon and high, then you got lot of revs to run throught, even if you keep accelerating slowly. TL had almoust stock gearing. 17/43, when stock is 17/38. I didn't clutch it by fast pull to the clutch, but flipper the throttle and then launched it up. Standing on the rear peg with left leg.

JT
What are you talking about? I was clutching it and letting it down because the road turns there and I just wanted to launch it and let it down.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:10 AM

ok, didn't know the road ends
Old 01-14-2005, 07:25 AM

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

stop Being An Attention ***** Go Have Ur Cluch Checked And Stop Acting Retarded U Have 1200 Post And Still Asking Reeetarded Questions.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:41 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by FHL
What are you talking about? I was clutching it and letting it down because the road turns there and I just wanted to launch it and let it down.
That was a decent clutch up. If you stay on the gas, it'll stay up.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:46 AM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

with a stupid question like this, the only logical answer is for you to give up riding this instant!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:59 AM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeltonaStunna
with a stupid question like this, the only logical answer is for you to give up riding this instant!
+1. Quit while your ahead. sorry to say it, some plp just can't get it.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:19 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

always an excuse for fhl. if you can clutch it up and keep it up like in that video, whats the problem? btw, u werent balanced
Old 01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

808stunna is an unknown quantity at this point

ok this is just my opinoin. and im just giveing you some pointers. clutch it up in second going a little slower, it will help bring the bike up quicker with out you having to give it alot of revs. when you clutch up at a faster speed you will have a harder time trying to bring it to balance point. this is because you are chaseing the wheelie trying to get it to bp. dont be to quick to let off on the gas,roll it off dont just cut it. you look like your doing ok in your clip.dont be discuraged by some of the things that others say to you, but try to take in any tips or pointers that someone is trying to give you.try bringing it up in second around 35-45 it will make a big diference in your revs. good luck
Old 01-14-2005, 03:56 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 808stunna
ok this is just my opinoin. and im just giveing you some pointers. clutch it up in second going a little slower, it will help bring the bike up quicker with out you having to give it alot of revs. when you clutch up at a faster speed you will have a harder time trying to bring it to balance point. this is because you are chaseing the wheelie trying to get it to bp. dont be to quick to let off on the gas,roll it off dont just cut it. you look like your doing ok in your clip.dont be discuraged by some of the things that others say to you, but try to take in any tips or pointers that someone is trying to give you.try bringing it up in second around 35-45 it will make a big diference in your revs. good luck
I agree with what 808 is saying but I think you can try it even slower than 35.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:44 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

**** I know how to clutch my damn bikes up. If I clutched that hard without pulling on the handlebars it wouldn't even come up, and I've heard 954's are supposed to power wheelie second! Anyway, enough of that. This thread changed the topic of which is more powerful to get your bike to wheelie on its own to me sucking at riding (which I don't)
Old 01-14-2005, 09:06 PM

rrmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
**** I know how to clutch my damn bikes up. If I clutched that hard without pulling on the handlebars it wouldn't even come up, and I've heard 954's are supposed to power wheelie second! Anyway, enough of that. This thread changed the topic of which is more powerful to get your bike to wheelie on its own to me sucking at riding (which I don't)
Obviously you do! haha Seriously though clutching will get it up better than bouncing. I can clutch 3rd up easy and I can't really bounce it up on clat ground without a lot of trouble.

Something that I see overlooked a lot is the amount of gas you're giving your bike. RPM aint $hit if it's at 1/4 throttle. Who gives a fvck about redline when the gas is barely open. I can go out and hop on my bike and bring it to redline with the clutch pulled in with less than 1/4 throttle but you know what's gonna happen when I drop the clutch??? What yours does. Give it some more gas. If you whack that ***** all the way open and let it rev a little with the clutch it will come up just fine. Grow some *****!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:28 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I clutch my 954 in 2nd when it was stocked gear at 50 mph+ all day stand up sit down, tanked, etc.... . Your technique is all wrong. If your riding was solid, why even ask clutch or bounce? Ride steady, Rev it up,then drop that clutch, all in a smooth fluid action. Maybe your 954 is defective. I'll take it off your hands. :YEAH
Old 01-14-2005, 10:43 PM
954rr Enthusiast

finny76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
I've heard 954's are supposed to power wheelie second!
Yes u are 100% right. YOu can power wheelie a 954 in 1, 2 and third!!

I just got my 954 1 month ago. I can power it up in first easily, buy have a hard time powering it up in 2nd! Need more practice.

My freind Jeff, has been stunting since a long time and he powered my 954 in 1, 2nd and 3rd gear!

So i know it can be done but requires practice, you just need to know where the power band is in 2nd and 3rd gear. Plus u have to TUG a little harder to power it up in 2nd/3rd according my my freind Jeff...
Old 01-15-2005, 12:18 AM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

fhl try clutchin it up in 2nd gear at like 30mph, it'll snap right up.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:41 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

You guys don't seem to realize I was full throttle when I slipped the clutch cause the bike was moving, I kept the throttle wide open and I pulled up on the bars. I don't know exactly how fast I was going it was somewhere between 35-45 mph.

Btw guys I bounce and clutch all my wheelies and I've gotten my bike up in 3rd gear. That video was just a test cause I think somethings ****ed up on my bike.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by rrmike
Obviously you do! haha Seriously though clutching will get it up better than bouncing. I can clutch 3rd up easy and I can't really bounce it up on clat ground without a lot of trouble.

Something that I see overlooked a lot is the amount of gas you're giving your bike. RPM aint $hit if it's at 1/4 throttle. Who gives a fvck about redline when the gas is barely open. I can go out and hop on my bike and bring it to redline with the clutch pulled in with less than 1/4 throttle but you know what's gonna happen when I drop the clutch??? What yours does. Give it some more gas. If you whack that ***** all the way open and let it rev a little with the clutch it will come up just fine. Grow some *****!
I'm getting my dad to get me a digital camcorder from costco for my stuntwars trip I'll just take it back when I'm done. They'll give you a full refund on any electronics up to 6 months after the purchase.

Anyway what I'm gonna do is tape it to my helmet and I'll go full throttle at 40mph slip the clutch in second sitting way back on the seat and show you what it does.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:59 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

haha ill take your 954 if you cant wheelie it...cuz **** i can wheelie my heavy *** under powered ZX7R all day long