anyone with an f4i shop manual......

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:36 PM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone with an f4i shop manual......

can you please tell me what it means when the FI light keeps flashing 2 times.......thanx
Old 12-23-2004, 01:09 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: anyone with an f4i shop manual......

hold on im lookin but flashes twice when, when u turn it on , after its started. does it flashs twice then stop, then do it again when u turn it on, start it etc. does it flash twice stop for a sec then flash twice again wats the deal??
Old 12-23-2004, 01:16 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

found it...2 blinks means
*loose or por contacts on MAP sensor vaccum hose
*faulty MAP sensor

there is a long explnation about how to fix it, and you need a certain tool,$$$$$$. but it says the engine will run normally, so id leave it alone. id go to ur dealer ship tell em wat the problem is and ask wats the worst that will happen if i dont fix it.

i think everything you have works jsut fine, its jsut a switch or sumthing is broken, so everything will work fine ur sensor will jsut say it broke. but im not sure so ask sumone who does
Old 12-23-2004, 08:23 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
*faulty MAP sensor

there is a long explnation about how to fix it, and you need a certain tool,$$$$$$. but it says the engine will run normally, so id leave it alone. id go to ur dealer ship tell em wat the problem is and ask wats the worst that will happen if i dont fix it.

i think everything you have works jsut fine, its jsut a switch or sumthing is broken, so everything will work fine ur sensor will jsut say it broke. but im not sure so ask sumone who does
wow, someone was feeling ambitous tonite! good luck with ur problem. thats why i ride carbs!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:30 AM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
*faulty MAP sensor

thanx man, i appreciate it!!! i'll look into it a little more, i'll check all the wiring...i already found on sliced wire that caused the instrument cluster to go crazy....so it's probaly the same thing with this FI light.....if i don't find anything, i'll let it go till she starts to run like crap....thanx again