F3 Wheelies???

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 08:16 PM

codenoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Question F3 Wheelies???

I do 1st gear wheelies no problem with my F3, but in 2nd I have tried and I get nothing... I've revved it hard and dumped the clutch and the best couldnt get was maybe 6" off the ground. Any of you F2/F3 guys able to bring it up in second? Using bigger sprockets? Im on a stock sprocket now....
Old 12-22-2004, 08:22 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F3 Wheelies???

you should be able to bring it up, you'll have to do it staggered (left foot on passenger peg) and give alittle tug on the bars. I have to give it full throttle till i get near BP but it does it.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:23 PM

shiphteey is an unknown quantity at this point

My 1st F2 was a 93, bone stock. I thought the higher up I went the better. WRONG! I did what you're explaining. This was my method. Ride to 7krpms in 2nd, pull in the clutch, PIN THE THROTTLE TO THE LIMITER and POP IT OUT. Even that wouldn't do anything.

The key (correct me if I'm wrong people) is to be accelerating at lower RPMs....say around 20-30mph in 2nd. Roll the throttle hard and just quickly touch the clutch.

You're welcome.

Ali

P.S. I just picked up another F2. Anyone know if it'll come up in 2nd with a lil 41 tooth rear? Can't ride it till 2/9/05.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:23 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by codenoid
I do 1st gear wheelies no problem with my F3, but in 2nd I have tried and I get nothing... I've revved it hard and dumped the clutch and the best couldnt get was maybe 6" off the ground. Any of you F2/F3 guys able to bring it up in second? Using bigger sprockets? Im on a stock sprocket now....
i bring mine up in 3rd no problem.. 2nd, just keep your weight back a little, give it a little bounce, as soon as the bounce starts to come back up, clutch it.. same goes for 3rd, just clutch the hell out of it... 2nd on my bike came up from a standstill, even when i had stock gearing.. just remember to keep ur weight back..
Old 12-22-2004, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by xRR-riderx
i bring mine up in 3rd no problem.. 2nd, just keep your weight back a little, give it a little bounce, as soon as the bounce starts to come back up, clutch it.. same goes for 3rd, just clutch the hell out of it... 2nd on my bike came up from a standstill, even when i had stock gearing.. just remember to keep ur weight back..
With Stock gears .... are you kidding me????

I am -1 but my clutch is wore hardcore so 2nd slips bad (gettin a new one in this winter) and i can pull it up in 2nd pretty decent when the clutch is cold but 3rd there would be no way....
Old 12-22-2004, 08:26 PM

shiphteey is an unknown quantity at this point

DON'T FORGET YOUR REAR BRAKE! IN YOUR QUEST TO GET IT UP YOU MAY KEEP TRYING HARDER AND HARDER AND THEM WHAM, THAT BITCH COMES UP TOO FAST.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by shiphteey
The key (correct me if I'm wrong people) is to be accelerating at lower RPMs....say around 20-30mph in 2nd. Roll the throttle hard and just quickly touch the clutch.

You're welcome.

Ali

P.S. I just picked up another F2. Anyone know if it'll come up in 2nd with a lil 41 tooth rear? Can't ride it till 2/9/05.

Ill have to try this method, im usually goin about 35 MPH when i clutch.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
With Stock gears .... are you kidding me????

I am -1 but my clutch is wore hardcore so 2nd slips bad (gettin a new one in this winter) and i can pull it up in 2nd pretty decent when the clutch is cold but 3rd there would be no way....
i dont have stock gearing anymore... i couldnt get 3rd up with stock gears, but i know someone who could... but yea, even with stock gears i could get 2nd up from a standstill.. bounce/clutch works wonders..
Old 12-22-2004, 08:29 PM

i dont have stock gearing anymore... i couldnt get 3rd up with stock gears, but i know someone who could... but yea, even with stock gears i could get 2nd up from a standstill.. bounce/clutch works wonders..
ah ok that makes more sence

i was goin to say pullin up 3rd gear with stock gears on a F2 would take alot of fricken bounce lol
Old 12-22-2004, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by shiphteey

Dont think I'm understanding this right, ride up to 20 in 2nd, then hit the gas WOT and then touch the clutch?? Also are you using a bigger sprocket doing this?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:40 PM

when i clutch 2nd im damn close to redline if not on it :YEAH
Old 12-22-2004, 08:43 PM

you should be able to bring it up, you'll have to do it staggered (left foot on passenger peg) and give alittle tug on the bars. I have to give it full throttle till i get near BP but it does it.

Cool, I've only tried bringing it up in 2nd doing sitdowns.. I dont feel comfortable doing standup wheelies I need to practice em... My F3 doesnt feel like it has a lot of bounce to it, do you guys adjust your suspension a certain way?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 PM

You will most definatly have to be standing

and since you arnt comfortable with that.. id learn to wheelie in 1st standing but thats just my opinion on the situation. Worked great for me even when i did finally loop (5 months into learning) i was only goin like 20 mph. 2nd is good but 1st is just a cake walk once you have BP down.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 PM

You will most definatly have to be standing

and since you arnt comfortable with that.. id learn to wheelie in 1st standing but thats just my opinion on the situation. Worked great for me even when i did finally loop (5 months into learning) i was only goin like 20 mph. 2nd is good but 1st is just a cake walk once you have BP down.
my one buddy could get 3rd up on his f3 with just power.. no bounce, no clutch, just throttle... not the way i would recommend, but hey, it worked for him..
Old 12-22-2004, 09:29 PM

my one buddy could get 3rd up on his f3 with just power.. no bounce, no clutch, just throttle... not the way i would recommend, but hey, it worked for him..
Was it hopped up a lot? Like I said i can't get it up in 2nd yet, but I cant imagine it coming up in 3rd......
Old 12-23-2004, 02:10 AM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

drop a tooth in the front, costs like 15 bux and 20 min of labor and you got easier wheelies
Old 12-23-2004, 02:20 AM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flip3587
drop a tooth in the front, costs like 15 bux and 20 min of labor and you got easier wheelies
yea that helps alot but it jacks up your speed and your odomoter. (but you can buy a speed-o-healer and that will fix it, their like $80)

also, i did a wheelie one time. it was cool. :YEAH
Old 12-23-2004, 02:23 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I've gotten 3rd up on my f2 but it doesn't stay up, neither does 2nd very well. I don't like the way it feels compared to my 954. On my 954 I can adjust my height from pretty much anything over 2 feet and the throttle response is instant. Then again I may just need to get new throttle lines on my f2 to eliminate the stickiness and it might feel normal..
Old 12-23-2004, 09:19 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Roll along about 30 mph, pull in clutch, rev it up almost to redline, bounce and slip clutch simultaneously. When you bounce, bounce back as well as up.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:36 PM

e-roc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by codenoid
Was it hopped up a lot? Like I said i can't get it up in 2nd yet, but I cant imagine it coming up in 3rd......
I couldn't get mine up in 2nd until like a couple weeks ago. At first it seems impossible but with f3's i think you really have to get the technique down more than anything. I'm -1+2, and that helps, but its all in practicing. Film yourself when your practicing and you'll see a lot of the mistakes your doing. It helped me out a lot seeing what i was doing wrong.

I don't have a tach so I don't know what RPM's I'm at, but I clutch it when I can hear the engine start to open up(I'm guessing around 6-7k), just bounce down then clutch it and lean back. It'll come up easier than you think when you get used to it.

Quick Reply: F3 Wheelies???